This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm saddened.... (Board games)

Comments

• Yes I did...
  • Boardgames now sold at GameStop

I have not been inside a GameStop in years and that isn't likely to change, but that was unexpected.

• edited April 2013
    @Neo Good. Now learn the game so you can teach me, so I don't have to read the rules.

Edit: Hmm. Does this mean, they'll buy used board games and sell used board games?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Edit: Hmm. Does this mean, they'll buy used board games and sell used board games?
    Ooooooooooh. Interesting possibility.

• Oh my god this game is so very chit-tastic.
  • Yes. It was like maybe $10 in gas. So $35 for Eclipse.
    Yes, I only had to drive about 40 miles each way (my car gets about 30-35mpg on the highway) and probably about 45 min each way. I wasn't doing much anyways, so my time was essentially free.
    Win.
    After Scott recommended it (and everyone raved about it with no end) here I went though the hassle of importing my copy from the US and have my mum carry it on the plane (when I asked her if she could bring a game before she went, she though I meant a ps3 game). A cumbersome operation, but it saved me $200.

Totally worth it, it is by far one of my favourite games these days.

Enjoy playing it, as well as sorting the bloody tiles.
  • Eclipse is the first game I felt I absolutely needed a plano box to sort all the ship parts.
  • I have one that I am using already, I may use a second one, then have the planet tiles on their own.
  • Eclipse is the first game I felt I absolutely needed a plano box to sort all the ship parts.
    You should play Twilight Imperium!

• Bishes, we have this boxing thing down to a science.

• That does not include expansion pieces. I have the expansion as well and a cloth mat boxed up in two plano boxes and some bits.
  • Dude we just got the game. The rest will come in good time,
  • edited April 2013
    If you let me borrow the $$ for the expansion, I am fairly certain I can still make it all fit in the box. I also have another of the craft organizer boxes I can switch out with the Plano or just add it in and pull the insert.
    I will be looking into getting a piece of cloth to use as a non-slip mat for the hexes. I am thinking maybe something space themed or maybe a deep late evening blue.
    Post edited by Neocloud on
  • If you haven't played Eclipse with these laser-cut acrylic cube trays, they will rock your world.
  • edited April 2013
    Hoooooooooly shitsnacks!!!!!

iOS Eclipse is done!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I don't even own the game and I'm considering getting some.

http://boardgameinnovation.com/

Yeah, I might have to finally get those.
    Hoooooooooly shitsnacks!!!!!

iOS Eclipse is done!
    Is it for iPhone or just iPad?
  • edited April 2013
    I think iPad only.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited April 2013
    Is it for iPhone or just iPad?
    No idea, but considering how crowded the UI is in the iPad screenshots I'd be amazed if they have a useably iPhone version. Their track record (Caylus) is not good in that regard.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on

That's now on the "to-buy" list.

• If you haven't played Eclipse with these laser-cut acrylic cube trays, they will rock your world.
    Wait... those don't come with the game? How much are they?
  • Hoooooooooly shitsnacks!!!!!

iOS Eclipse is done!
    Ahhhh fucking finally
  • I've been told by some people that I should seriously go to cons as being the board game guy, anyone have incite into the eb and flow into getting into that scene?
  • Does not understand question.
  • I've been told by some people that I should seriously go to cons as being the board game guy, anyone have incite into the eb and flow into getting into that scene?
    You are already that guy. Find a small con that doesn't have tabletop. Call them up or email them offering to provide a board game room. They just have to give you a badge and some tables in a room. Maybe you join the staff. Then you just show up with your games and do your thing.
  • If that's all you're looking to do... yeah... show up with stuff. Some small company in my town just had a little 300 person mini con. I brought half the games anyone was playing there.
  • Let's split up, gang! Seriously awesome mod for Betrayal at the House on the Hill.

http://imgur.com/a/GB2yV#IBZSvpg

• Agricola desperately needs a storage solution - I can't think of another game with this ratio of pieces : plastic insert. (A lot : None)

At least it comes with about 20 little plastic baggies.
  • Eclipse has over 900 bits and only bags with it. I used a couple of craft boxes and a Plano box to organize everything. The base game and the expansion, when reboxed, fits into the original game box. I could probably do the same thing for Agricola. Check out the craft stores, they have good solutions for board game storage.
  • I grabbed an armful of Really Useful Boxes from Officemax at lunch, which should do the trick. The smallest ones are a bit bulky, but they stack nicely.

Eclipse at least gives you two bags and a cardboard insert, which I removed from the box. Every ship part is currently separated in a big Plano box, with each player's starting tile, ships, and cubes bagged together. Now I might work in some of these small boxes for damage cubes and the like.