This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm Coming to New York!

Comments

• I was there. Has nobody ever noticed that you've never seen Linkigi and I in the same room at the same time before? Now you know why.
  • I am at the pizza place, chilling next to a tree. I'll turn into Churba when the time is right.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm at union sq. not sure if Luke is meeting me here or at the pizza place.

Edit: I suppose I'll head over to the pizza place. 20th st between park and broadway, if anyone else is interested.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I am at the pizza place, chilling next to a tree. I'll turn into Churba when the time is right.
    It's like a magical girl transformation, but with rum, tobacco, leather and guitar music.

• That needs to be a video.
  • edited September 2012
    Oh mans, yes.

Also, best pizza in NYC? Quite possibly.*

* Best Italian-style pizza. NYC pizza, as well as Chicago pizza, is a completely different species, and shouldn't be compared. Especially not in this thread. I don't want to start a pizza war again.
    It's like a magical girl transformation, but with rum, tobacco, leather and guitar music.
    Same amount of nudity, though.
  • Yup! The pizza was awesome last night. Thanks for sticking around, guys, while I had fun at the tennis.

Did I mention I saw the US Open finals? Pretty epic! The first set was easily the most exciting first set of any tennis match I've ever seen.

Bruce Prisim Power, MAKE UP!
  • Last day in New York!
  • Whenever I've been to New York I just keep getting "uptown girl" "downtown" songs stuck in my head. Nowhere else do I see the words that trigger it so frequently.
  • I submit my recommendation of The Meatball Shop for an excellent last day in NYC meal.
  • I ate at Peter Luger's for lunch. Awesome steak! I bought a bottle of their steak sauce to take home with me.
  • Be sure to put that in your carry-on bag!
    Be sure NOT to. Otherwise TSA confiscation too much liquid. Check that shit!
  • edited September 2012
    Steak sauce -> orifice -> re-bottle
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Guys, I fly enough to know in which bags to put what.

Scott, I didn't see you at all on this visit! Judging from the latest Geeknights episode you were pretty ill.
  • Guys, I fly enough to know in which bags to put what.

Scott, I didn't see you at all on this visit! Judging from the latest Geeknights episode you were pretty ill.
    I was not very ill. I was just getting over some coughing. I coughed a lot during the episode because I was talking a lot. I was also out of town for almost the entirety of your visit.

Hopefully I can go to Germany before you return to NYC. That's seeming unlikely because Australia seems to be the next stop.
  • This New York trip has come to a close, and it was awesome. A totally different kind of visit compared to my 2010 trip, but equally interesting in different ways. I spent about 900 dollars on accommodation, food, travel and tourist stuff. The only extra cost was the extra ticket to the US Open final, which takes the total to over 1,000.

Who knows when I'll be back? Next time I hope to bring Juliane.

Scott, you should definitely swing by Berlin some time.
  • I submit my recommendation of The Meatball Shop for an excellent last day in NYC meal.
    Ooh! I always walk past this place, but I've never been in. I should go there sometime.
  • Oh mans, yes.

Also, best pizza in NYC? Quite possibly.*

* Best Italian-style pizza. NYC pizza, as well as Chicago pizza, is a completely different species, and shouldn't be compared. Especially not in this thread. I don't want to start a pizza war again.
    Chicago style "pizza" is NOT pizza. In no way is it pizza. It is tasty, but not pizza. It is sort of like someone who has never heard about pizza, then read an article about it, then heard someone say pizza pie in conversation. Then tried to make a pizza based on that.
  • edited September 2012
    I submit my recommendation of The Meatball Shop for an excellent last day in NYC meal.
    Ooh! I always walk past this place, but I've never been in. I should go there sometime.
    Thinking about it has made me hungry. I think I am gonna go back post-concert tomorrow. You can always check their website and see what the daily ball is at each location. Constantly changes. Last time was a lamb meatball with mint, hard to top.

Post edited by Matt on
  • edited September 2012
    I don't want to start a pizza war again.
    >_>
  • edited September 2012
    Last time was a lamb meatball with mint, hard to top.
    Let this be an end to all wars.

Post edited by loltsundere on
    Be sure NOT to. Otherwise TSA confiscation too much liquid. Check that shit!
    Huh, last time my buddies went to the airport, their hot sauce was confiscated because it wasn't in the Carry-On. He was able to buy Spice Rub in the same airport past security, but still...
  • I had a note from the TSA in my checked bag. The steak sauce made it to Iceland.
  • Like a written note, or just the usual "inspected" note?
  • I had a note from the TSA in my checked bag. The steak sauce made it to Iceland.
    I had one on the way back from Disney World the last time. I had toy guns in the carry on, and glass bottles of Ramune wrapped in paper. They unwrapped all the bottles, tossed the entire contents, and stuffed everything back in unwrapped/unfolded and in extreme disarray.

...but didn't take anything, so there's that.
  • If I go through the super local rural airport (where the three TSA personnel are all dicks) I always get a note and my shit is in disarray. Doesn't matter if it's just clothes and books in my bag.
  • So I realize this is kind of short notice, but the TvH's are going to be in NYC August 4th and 5th if anyone wants to hang out with us.