This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm Coming to New York!

Comments

• Taiwan now? If you go there I TOTALLY will go with you.
  • Rym sucks for being able to travel to cool plays like Poland :-p for work!
  • But if you go to Poland, you won't be able to into space!
  • RymRym
    edited August 2012
    Singapore now instead of Taiwan. (The plan keeps changing).

I have to lecture in Mumbai, then head to Singapore. We might stop in Bangkok on the way home.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • One day I will visit New York, but when that will be I do not know.
  • Whaaaaaaat? Can I come with you to Singapore and visit cousin Rachel? And go to Thailand?
  • Whaaaaaaat? Can I come with you to Singapore and visit cousin Rachel? And go to Thailand?
    Once I plan the dates we should look into doing just that. Probably end of September. ^_^

• I'll be sailing back to New Jersey at the end of the cruise, not New York. :(
  • Sad news, my flight will only arrive in Seattle at 7 pm (was 5 pm before).

Good news, I guess I'll be in KC at the same time as Luke for a while.
  • edited August 2012
    I live in New York. I see no reason to leave.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Unfortunately, I'm not living in a suite this year, so I don't have a couch to offer. I'll almost definitely be at the NerdNYC board game night, and may also appear for other things.
  • Visiting New York for Burning con then sticking around for Halloween. What are the must see things for my first USA style Halloween? (I think I should bring in some uniquely british confectionary for my trip. :p)
  • New York is a great city and I had a blast when I was there last year. Have to say it was a major boost when two guys at the hostel we were staying at, happened to be checking out as we arrived and they just gave us their underground passes which still had 3 days worth of travel on them. Meant we only had to pay for 1 and abit days.

It is on the go back to list for sure, although I did prefer Boston.
    You're probably sailing to Newark or Elizabeth? Those are both 15 minutes from my house. Let me know if you need a ride or something.
    You're probably sailing to Newark or Elizabeth? Those are both 15 minutes from my house. Let me know if you need a ride or something.
    No, I'll be sailing in to Port Liberty. That's right on the Hudson River, I think. I'll be taken direct to the airport from the ship. But thanks for the offer!
  • So, I've found a room to sublet for the 9 nights I'll be staying in New York, but it's a bit more money than I was hoping to pay. It's 380 dollars. I was hoping to pay about 250-300, though I know that's pretty cheap compared to hotel rooms.

However, if anyone has a room to sublet, for less than 300 dollars, of course I'd take that instead.

Other request: does anyone have a spare bike I can borrow for the time I'm in New York? Last time I bought a second hand bike on the first day, and sold it on the last for 50 dollars less. That was a month in the city though, not just 10 days, so I'd like a bit less cost and stress.

Cheers!
  • Taiwan now? If you go there I TOTALLY will go with you.
    I took two trips to Poland this summer. It's pretty interesting, but the best thing about it is good food for cheap. It's really cheap. Really.
  • I do have a spare bike. It's a mountain bike that's in pretty good shape. Just need to replace one of the tubes.

I'm back from Seattle on Tuesday next week, so I can fix it then. ;^)
  • edited August 2012
    Awesome! I also arrive on Tuesday. How about I come over, we fix the bike, and I take you and Emily out for some food as a thank you. Then some CS:GO.

EDIT: I'm bringing a spare bike lock.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Awesome! I also arrive on Tuesday. How about I come over, we fix the bike, and I take you and Emily out for some food as a thank you. Then some CS:GO.

EDIT: I'm bringing a spare bike lock.
    Sounds like a plan! We fly in Tuesday morning, and then go to work. =P We'll be home 6:00pmish. I believe I already have a spare tube, so it's just a matter of popping it on. Has a newish seat and was recently retuned, so it should serve you very well.

• Direct to work from the plane? Ouch! My flight arrives at 3pm, so that gives me plenty of time. Thanks so much!
  • I'm at work now. ;^)
  • I am in New York now.
  • Hooray, we should hang out sometime, though my current schedule is all kinds of absurd.
  • We'll be home 6:00pmish.

Well, that didn't work out.
  • I'll be back Friday.
  • Board game night?
  • Board game night?
    Is it?
  • Friday is, in fact, a board game night. I'm hoping Yoshokatana manages to bring the promised Eclipse this time.