This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• So, someone from a reality cooking show called me up asking if I wanted to go to a casting call this weekend. Mike, Wub, what do you think? Should I show them the true power of the #FLAVORMASTERS?
    I would highly recommend reading Ben Starr's Blog (Masterchef Season 2 Contestant) who talks about every gruesome detail he had to go through being a part of that show. You have to make a lot of sacrifices and most aspects of your life is controlled by the studio for months. Maybe ABC will treat their contestants better than FOX, but I feel like taking this opportunity is only viable if you have the resources to take a break from real life AND you aren't too grounded by responsibilities.

http://benstarr.com/blog/what-its-like-to-be-on-reality-tv/
    I have to agree. I have a friend that was on a reality tv show that never made it to air. She was gone for 2 weeks and came back a total wreck.
  • Hmm, yeah. I don't know if I can take that much time off work, especially now that I've got a job that pays well again.
  • edited August 2013
    Post edited by Greg on
  • There's something awesome about that.
  • lookatmy.horse will go fast.
  • Tried that url. It does not presently route.
  • If you read the article, these domains aren't actually available yet.
  • Personal WTF.

I get to work, I say hi to my co-workers. I do a little bit of chit-chat with the girl I used to had crush on (you know, to keep it amicable in the work place). She barley talks (maybe two words when she answers. So, I go back to do my business because it is going to be a busy day for me.

She passes by, and I notice that she is wearing new jeans and I compliment her on the jeans while I keep busy with my work. A common friend of us did an scandalous compliment stating how tight the jeans are. I just keep to myself and keep doing my job (later on he told me that he did it in order make mine look like nothing for my own good).

Later on, my friend comes to me and tells me to stop giving compliments to the girl because it kind of freaks her out. I was like, I give compliments to everyone. It does not matter if it is a guy or a girl. Why is she freaking out?

He was like, she is different than the rest. So he recommend me to stop complimenting her. So, I decided to not try to interact with her at all today. Because, you know what I have bigger problems than that. Plus I was super busy with actual work.

After work, I text my friend and he tells me that she noticed that my behavior towards her changed. I though WTF! I barely talk to her as it is, and I was busy in the lab. I really didn't get a change to talk with anyone as it was.

He told me that she noticed anyways. I was like, you know what: "I am done! She freaks out if I compliment her, and then she questions why I don't try to make conversation with her (even though we barely talk)". I have bigger problems than worrying about her. I don't think she even wants to be my friend, and here I thought that I could savage the friendship that we had once. However, the effort is not worth it anymore.

Suffice to say that, I am over her. Besides the everyday Hello and goodbye, I am not gonna try to acknowledge her existence at work at all. If she wants to start a conversation, it better be something important, interesting or work related.

By the way, this feeling of relief is kind of awesome.
  • Personal WTF.
    Have you considered the weirdness might not come from you, or from the girl (both of whom give no signs), but from your friend? He might be reading to much into it, or otherwise, he might have some weirdness (read; feelings) towards her.

Disclaimer; I wasn't there, you would know better than I would.
  • Personal WTF.
    Have you considered the weirdness might not come from you, or from the girl (both of whom give no signs), but from your friend? He might be reading to much into it, or otherwise, he might have some weirdness (read; feelings) towards her.

Disclaimer; I wasn't there, you would know better than I would.
    I was considering this until he send me an e-mail with the image of a gChat conversation they had yesterday and she clearly stated what she felt weird out about it.
  • DRAMAMMAMAMAMAMAMA

That girl sounds not worth dealing with.
  • Not sure if troll or dumb kid.
    I'll just put it out there that if anybody feels inclined to buy ME a 3DS and the new game in October, feel free!

• Start toying around with an NginX server on Monday and get it partially working.
    Tuesday, I get called to help a friend clean her house.
    Wednesday, sit down at computer, can't remember anything.
  • Do Mac programs take "Apply changes recursively" to a folder to mean "Only one level deep."?
  • ...no? You mean like chmod -R ? They should apply throughout.
  • I thought not, but I stopped using Cyberduck for permissions after it happened and I've been doing it via SSH.
  • Banta where is that from?
  • edited September 2013
    Mahou Shoujo of the End, if I'm not mistaken. Which I'm not, since I had the same question yesterday, looked it up and started reading it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2013
    Doing research for a class, I discovered that West Virginia is part of 3 different MSHA districts, one of which only exists in a southern part of West Virginia, one of which covers nearly everything west of the Mississippi, but with no borders on West Virginia, and one of which is an extension of Virginia.

EDIT: not an extension of Virginia, but an extension of the district that includes Ohio and Penn., which is still reasonable.

I would say "fucking Gerrymandering," but I don't know why this would be Gerrymandered.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Maybe there was a much larger proportion of mines in that part of West Virginia?
  • Getting my head around inputting data for 3D arrays at initialization. I can see what to do, but it's a bit of a head job.
  • Admit it, you all giggled.
  • Admit it, you all giggled.
    You got me, damn it.
  • I didn't, but after reading your post I reread it and giggled.
  • All right, I'm not even gonna link it, I'm just gonna refer to it:

/r/cummingonfigurines

NSFW and possibly NSFL. This was linked in the comment section of a front page submission on reddit. Holy freaking crap... why does this exist?