This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Here's a little something to make you feel warm and fuzzy after Thanksgiving.
  • edited November 2013
    Daikun said:

Here's a little something to make you feel warm and fuzzy after Thanksgiving.

Is that all? Damn we're slacking.

Edit: Especially since that's over the past 7 years.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Yeah. I mean, heart attacks on that day over the course of less time do more damage.
  • It's quite telling that 5/14 of the events listed happened at Walmart.
  • An even better picture from the Amazon listing: image

As someone who just potty trained a 2yo girl, I can say that the beauty of this photoshop is that the little lady would literally piss all over the floor if she was using the seat in that position. I really don't know if we want to be mixing $500 electronics with children's toilets. Call me after you've seen a child sit on the bowl, lean back just a bit, and manage to projectile their urine right over the lip.
  • Now that is skill.
  • Speaking as the father of a mildly autistic daughter: Allowing limited use of a Kindle Fire was actually pretty useful in getting her to sit on the potty long enough to make an attempt, and she now uses it without bells or whistles.

I'm not sure you need a purpose-made product for that method, but it did work well for us.
  • Aren't some of those readers waterproof as well? Probably not that $500 doorstop you call an iPad but still.
  • I know most people don't see it because of AdBlock, but that "baby photo contest" ad on the forum the last couple days is creepy as fuck.
  • Is it still called FaceTime if it doesn't include your face?
  • Finally the true target demographic is revealed.
  • Some people find tenners or twenties in the pockets of clothing they haven't worn in awhile. I found a condom in a pocket of my winter coat.
  • Check the expiration date!
  • Expired three years ago.
  • edited December 2013
    [crude joke about how you're not engaging in intercourse regularly]
    Post edited by muppet on
  • From the country that brought you dating sims featuring t-rexes and pigeons, comes one starring a printer.
  • Fuck it, I'm on board.
  • Second best visual novel ever?
  • First being?
  • Ruffas said:

From the country that brought you dating sims featuring t-rexes and pigeons, comes one starring a printer.

(Emphasis is mine).
  • Ruffas said:

First being?

Love Love Chau
  • edited December 2013
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Has anyone seen the app permissions for the current Facebook app? It wants access to your text messages and the ability to make calls.

Does this mean if I text something about friend A to friend B FB is going to use my phone to call friend A and let them know what I did?

What possible legitimate reason can they have for these two permissions?

There was also a creepy one about allowing the app to create new accounts on your device.
  • Allowing to make an account is probably them wanting to let you sign in and save the profile to your phone without leaving the app. Calling could also be in the sake of seamlessness.
  • Did some research on the issue. The SMS access has to do with them merging their messenger app into the main app. Regardless I would pay money for a permission app that would allow me to rescind or force a permission confirmation box to appear when an app tries to do something that I have specifically denied it access to.
  • I am actually in favor of that option a bit, if they do it right. Being able to call a Facebook friend or have them call me without having to exchange phone numbers would be great. If that became a standard among social networks where calling people is handled by accessing them online rather than phone number and it became something Google and Apple integrated into their devices it would be fantastic.
  • canine224 said:

I am actually in favor of that option a bit, if they do it right. Being able to call a Facebook friend or have them call me without having to exchange phone numbers would be great. If that became a standard among social networks where calling people is handled by accessing them online rather than phone number and it became something Google and Apple integrated into their devices it would be fantastic.

You could already do this with Google for the last year.

• Oh, that is neat, although I do not know if it is being handled the way I would ideally like it to be. If properly set up there should be no way of the person you are calling, or vice versa, to figure out your phone number.