This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Dealing with SQL injection manually, eh? Sounds fine to me. Nothing could possibly go wrong there.
  • "Printing requirements".
  • Rym knows what's up.
  • edited June 2012
    The new Twitter Logo looks like Sonic's (the hedgehog, not me) head.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The new Twitter Logo looks like Sonic's (the hedgehog, not me) head.
    Usage Guidelines:

Don't:

Rotate or change the direction of the bird.

You're in a lot of trouble, young man.
  • I looks more like Batman.
  • http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/11/climate-skeptic-instructor-fired-from-oregon-state-university/

What gets me about this is that the man hasn't been given an actual reason for his dismissal. Even if it's in regard to his skepticism, which is probably the most BS reason to fire him, at least its a reason.
  • RymRym
    edited June 2012
    What gets me about this is that the man hasn't been given an actual reason for his dismissal.
    In most places, most employers don't have to give a reason. Thus, they usually don't do so in any official capacity. Everything's simpler that way.

Also, that site looks pretty solidly full of bullshit. I'm dubious of anything posted there after five minutes of poking around.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah, WattsUpWithThat is usually full of crap. It's a hive of climate change deniers. Here's an example of the crap that goes on there.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I don't know what this is but I like how she says "Nice Hat".
  • Why can the Windows administrator not copy files without first transferring ownership to a local user? I'm the god damn administrator.
  • So for insurance purposes we're recording videos of all of our "valuables" with how much they're worth/we bought them for/estimated worth. Apparently my collection of 90 Cat Woman comic books has a raw value of $274.

.....O_o i have a comic book collection worth ~$300

*sobs* I'm such a nerd...
  • Why can the Windows administrator not copy files without first transferring ownership to a local user? I'm the god damn administrator.
    The same reason you have to Sudo in linux even if you're part of the administrator group.
  • Why can the Windows administrator not copy files without first transferring ownership to a local user? I'm the god damn BATMAN.
  • Why can the Windows administrator not copy files without first transferring ownership to a local user? I'm the god damn Batman.
    The same reason you have to Sudo in linux even if you're part of the Batman group.
    Root doesn't need to sudo shit =P
  • Why can the Windows administrator not copy files without first transferring ownership to a local user? I'm the god damn Batman.
    The same reason you have to Sudo in linux even if you're part of the Batman group.
    Root doesn't need to sudo shit =P
    The Windows Administrator is not root. It's weird like that. Local System is pretty much the equivalent of root on Windows, but you can't log in as Local System.
  • Although you are part of the Administrator group on windows, Local System is the highest authorization level. As administrator, you can do most things however, if you are trying to do things that are "like, whoa" dangerous or if what you are doing conflicts with permissions or ownerships that are not yours, it makes you do extra steps. Since windows is so widely used, it has to assume you're a complete idiot and try to save you from yourself.

What the hell are you trying to copy, anyways?
  • What the hell are you trying to copy, anyways?
    Ze Zeecret documens.

• edited June 2012
    Trying to copy out the users file from a laptop hard drive.

At first this had me going WTF but after thought, it's a good thing to help kids with situations like this.
    imageimage
    I should buy these and slip them in with my mother's book competition books.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Nothing strange here, not at all.
    What the fuck? No seriously, what the fuck is that?

• A present from the bowels of the Internet. Basically, a place that allows you to get "purified" milk. I have absolutely no idea if it is real or not, because I'm pretty sure browsing that site for more than a few startled minutes will land me on a watch list.
  • Not sure if bad joke or bad advertising stunt.
  • From the url, I take it they don't like chocolate milk?

Also, seriously this better not be real. At first I thought it was just a racism joke but if this is real then its really disgusting.
  • I think Rym should order some to investigate.
  • I think Rym should order some to investigate.
  • Nothing strange here, not at all.
    What the fuck? No seriously, what the fuck is that?

1) Chill out, bros. It's stupid art.

2) "Nora" looks like the type of girl I see in my mind when I close my eyes and imagine my 100% Perfect Girl on One Beautiful April Morning.
  • http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kingdom+hearts+can+suck+my+balls
    This is the thing of my day. Not because I agree, just because it's ridiculous.
  • I almost put it in the Things of the the Day thread, but I didn't because I thought I'd be misconstrued.