This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• My todays NSFW WTF.
    So unless your workplace is totally cool with you seeing some male penis on your work time this is not safe for work.
  • Emily wears Uggs and a short skirt. It's adorable.

Granted, I like chunky boots on girls. ^_~
  • My todays NSFW WTF.
    So unless your workplace is totally cool with you seeing some male penis on your work time this is not safe for work.
    Is there gender neutral penis?
  • I walk out of my dorm.
    Girl: "That one's pretty big. You don't want to start with that one."
    Guy: "Why the fuck do you have a butt plug?"
    I walk into my dorm.
    And hopefully bar the door.
    What do you guys have against sex toys? The conversation sounds amusing, not WTF-worthy.
    I just don't think it is something that should be announced. Otherwise I'm all for sticking things up the bum.
  • How many pages back were those posts?
  • My todays NSFW WTF.
    I'd say that dildo could be seen as gender neutral artificial penis.

• Emily wears Uggs and a short skirt. It's adorable.

Granted, I like chunky boots on girls. ^_~
    Boots in general are very hit or miss for me.
  • edited October 2012
    My todays NSFW WTF.
    I'd say that dildo could be seen as gender neutral artificial penis.
    But the dildo symbolizes the patriarchy!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I think you can try that argument if you want, but you look silly doing it. Dicks are male on this planet. You can only torture definitions so far in the pursuit of equality.
  • ...Uggs are super cute.
  • Granted, I like chunky boots on girls. ^_~
    As do I. Nothing wrong with that. :)
  • I like how Uggs look, but I don't like the people who pretend that they're boots. They're well designed slippers. If you wear them in circumstances appropriate for well designed slippers, great. If you wear them in circumstances that call for real shoes, GTFO.
  • edited October 2012
    I think you can try that argument if you want, but you look silly doing it. Dicks are male on this planet. You can only torture definitions so far in the pursuit of equality.

Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • *yawn*

Yes, I was actually aware of that example.

Finding one (or ten) examples of pseudo-penis does not make the penis not male.
  • *yawn*

Yes, I was actually aware of that example.

Finding one (or ten) examples of pseudo-penis does not make the penis not male.
    Are you seriously trying to make an argument because I liked to use the phrase "male penis". Which in my opinion sounds like lot more fun than just saying penis. Although "penis" is pretty funny word too.

Also will you be bothered if I use such phrases as "female tits" or "man balls".

• ...Uggs are super cute.
    Say that after having to handle box after box of Uggs one-handed for ten hours every day. Then see if you like them.
  • CHURBA AND CHEESE GET IN HERE!
  • CHURBA AND CHEESE GET IN HERE!
  • edited October 2012
    Normally you've gotta say it three times to summon me, but I'll make an exception.

Matatat got it right - they were never really a fashion statement till after they became a fashion statement in the UK, and then the US. They were just a high-top slipper with a thicker sole on it, like a nice winter house-shoe. At most, you'd wear them for a quick trip down the local shop to get milk and the paper of a Saturday morning, or things like that, unless you were a surfer or a bogan - the former idea being lost in time, but the latter remains, if you wear uggs in public, people are probably going to think you're a bogan, unless they're those big fashion uggs. In which case less people will think you're a bogan.

No offense to anyone who wears them, but I just can't think of uggs as cute. They're the slippers your grandma wears pottering around the house. Sorry.

Also, interestingly, despite being an Australian invention, most of the fashion uggs you see around are actually from an American company, Deckers - Who basically registered the American Trademark when the Australian slippers started getting popular, and then proceeded to try and shut down every Australian manufacturer and marketer of the boots with lawsuits and C&Ds.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I had a pair of Uggs when I was a little kid, and they were great for going outside and getting the paper in the winter. That's about it.

Hey, remember newspapers?
  • Hey, remember newspapers?
    About half the time I get a paycheck.

• Hey, remember newspapers?
    About half the time I get a paycheck.
    [] Told
    [] Untold
    [X] Saturday Evening Told
  • Huh, I didn't know it was the uk first.
  • edited October 2012
    Huh, I didn't know it was the uk first.
    Yeah - It was a European/UK thing for a little bit with standard uggs - Thanks to the vast numbers of backpackers and expats creating greater market demand for them than in the US - and was just starting to kick off when Deckers noticed the impending trend, took a gamble, and trademarked the brand. They they started producing more fashionable ones for the UK market, really jump-starting the fashion in earnest, which then(predictably) came to the US, and then finally to Australia last.

Post edited by Churba on
  • They are still a big thing over here. There is nothing worse than seeing the groupe of girls with soaked Uggs whose shoes have part collapsed and they are now walking like a malk. To say nothing of the knockoffs that spring up.
  • They are still a big thing over here. There is nothing worse than seeing the groupe of girls with soaked Uggs whose shoes have part collapsed and they are now walking like a malk. To say nothing of the knockoffs that spring up.
    That's the thing - They're the perfect house/yard/brief trip shoe for Australia's cool, dry winters. For the UK's climate and weather, they're worse than useless 90% of the time. The Fashion uggs are worse again.
    That's the thing - They're the perfect house/yard/brief trip shoe for Australia's cool, dry winters. For the UK's climate and weather, they're worse than useless 90% of the time. The Fashion uggs are worse again.
    Its so dire it really is. There is also the sign of my old man this that I worry about how it will effect peoples walking with extended wearing. I totally agree that they are the best for round the house, I just don't think the UK should be allowed to do fashion any more.
    Its so dire it really is. There is also the sign of my old man this that I worry about how it will effect peoples walking with extended wearing. I totally agree that they are the best for round the house, I just don't think the UK should be allowed to do fashion any more.
    They really are. I know a TON of people who wear them as slippers - I honestly don't bother with slippers, or even shoes when I'm around the house, so I don't have a pair. My Spanish housemate, back in Headingly, she thought it was odd, and bought me a pair of slippers for my birthday - they didn't quite fit, and they were hard to walk in because of the way I walk, but damned if I didn't wear them all the time because it made her happy to see me using them.
  • edited October 2012
    My Spanish housemate, back in Headingly, she thought it was odd, and bought me a pair of slippers for my birthday - they didn't quite fit, and they were hard to walk in because of the way I walk, but damned if I didn't wear them all the time because it made her happy to see me using them.
    How do you walk that makes it difficult to wear slippers (especially ill-fitting ones)?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited October 2012
    My Spanish housemate, back in Headingly, she thought it was odd, and bought me a pair of slippers for my birthday - they didn't quite fit, and they were hard to walk in because of the way I walk, but damned if I didn't wear them all the time because it made her happy to see me using them.
    How do you walk that makes it difficult to wear slippers (especially ill-fitting ones)?
    It's not that it's a slipper, it's the design of the sipper - they were the sort of slipper with a toe-cover, but an open heel - I walk(and stand) with the vast majority of my weight on the balls of my feet and my toes, the large majority of the time.

So, without anything keeping it on my foot - like the way an ugg boot encloses your foot, or some sort of thing at the back of your foot - they just slip off all the time when I'm trying to walk.

I can't wear thongs(or flip-flops, if you prefer I put it that way) either. Or rather I can, but it's annoying as hell - the only shoe with an open heel or that's held on at the front that I can walk comfortably in are my geta. And even then, I think that's just because they've got slightly too small straps, that keep them held to my feet pretty well. I can't wear them around the house here very often, though, because they scratch up the floors.
    Post edited by Churba on