This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I loved how Stanley was basically Morgan Freeman
  • Last night on The Office, Michael showed the full-length version of Threat Level Midnight. It was made of win.
    That was fantastic. Definitely the best episode this season. NBC is knows what I want with Community, Office, and Parks and Rec. All they need to do is remove Perfect Couples and they'll be legendary.
  • Just watched Glee, now watching Rasing Hope. Amy Sedaris is guest staring!
  • Got back into Lost. Shit's going foul.
  • Watching season 10 of the Apprentice.

I'm super duper stoked.jpg for the new season of Amazing Race, my favorite show.
  • I am proud to say that after many, many years, I have stopped watching both Survivor and The Apprentice. The only shows I watch on a regular basis now are How I Met Your Mother, Community and 30 Rock. This won't change until Game of Thrones starts up in April, and whenever The Walking Dead returns (probably not until fall I think). In other TV news I have been working through Mad Men via Netflix. Down to the last disc of Season 2 and that show is so damn good.
  • Thank you, Netflix, for Reaper, aka comedy Buffy with slacker guys.
  • the fat guy from reaper is is now on Mad Love. No where good as reaper. But he still gets laughs.
  • the fat guy from reaper is is now on Mad Love. No where good as reaper. But he still gets laughs.
    My impression of Mad Love is that it's trying really hard to be How I Met Your Mother, and failing even harder.
  • Modern Family is very funny, but very, very awkward.
    My impression of Mad Love is that it's trying really hard to be How I Met Your Mother, and failing even harder.
    Mad Love is only amazing because Jason Biggs is likable and assertive in it.
  • Blue Bloods. I might have mentioned this before, but the chemistry the actors have makes the show great. Last week's episode, with main character Frank Regan getting shot and in the hospital, has his dad Henry (retired cop and former police commissioner) sitting a chair in front of his bed and the rest of the family and checking his sidearm. When he says "Some one some where is out there that shot my son, he's not getting another chance.", it doesn't sound the least bit cheesy or forced.
  • Well now. Dualla is on Reaper. Well, well, well indeed. I'll be in my bunk.
  • Holy shit, how have I not mentioned this?

Lights Out is the best current show on television. It's gritty, it's compelling, it tells a wonderful story, and the characters are just so fascinating. I love the dialogue and tension, and I really hope that the lead, Holt McCallany gets more work from this because he has an intimidating presence, but he's so likable. It's sad because I don't think they'll get renewed, but FX is kind enough to give it a full season, which might be enough to tell a full story for this drama. Seriously, watch it now.

Other shows to mention.

-Archer Season 2 is hysterical. I've only seen two episodes, but the stuff they are doing is so funny. FX is one of the best channels, with all of these shows, Plus Justified Season 2 and how "Powers" got picked up.
    -I've been watching a lot of "Chopped" on Food Network. Not sure why, but actual cooking competitions (Not this bullshit that involves only cakes) are giving me ideas and they are cool to watch.
    -I think EVERYONE here can add My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to their list. XD
  • Every season of Scrubs is on Netflix instant watch, guys.
  • Every season of Scrubs is on Netflix instant watch, guys.
    There goes any chance of being productive over Spring break.
  • Ugh this show was so brilliant. It's amazing how fleshed out the characters are from just the first episode.
  • American Dad!
    Bones
    Burn Notice
    Castle
    Chuck
    CSI: New York
    The Defenders
    Eureka
    Fairly Legal
    Family Guy
    Futurama
    Human Target
    Lie To Me
    The Mentalist
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Robot Chicken
    The Simpsons
    Tosh.0
  • edited March 2011
    Chuck
    I wish to state this now. I absolutely hate the show Chuck.
    Post edited by magnusrex on
  • I wish to state this now. I absolutely hate the show Chuck.
    You have no heart :-p
  • Being in college without TV makes it hard to watch shows: currently I only even try to keep up with The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and My Little Pony.
    I've watched the first two seasons of Burn Notice and really should get around to watching the third, and for other shows I just watch them when somebody else is.
    Really, I'm just too busy doing homework and, more importantly, fucking around on the internet.
  • Why does having a TV even matter? BitTorrent does the job just fine.
  • Yes, but I'm lazy and don't have time to watch a lot of TV. I opt for video games, arguing on the internet, and doing schoolwork.
  • I definitely agree with regards to arguing on the internet, but I'm sure you already know that.
    Schoolwork is a pretty poor use of time, though.

I don't keep up with many TV shows at all either, though; most of them aren't worth the effort.
  • Just watched the first two episodes of Archer after Rym mentioned it on a previous show? ( I had never heard of it)

Oh man... It's SO funny. Just brilliant!!

Archer himself reminds me a little bit of Shake from ATHF. As in, a complete asshole. LOVE IT.
  • Archer is definitely the funniest animated show on television right now.

I only have one more episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, and then it's all over. :( I'm saving it for tomorrow. It's odd how well the writers can make me empathize with Quintus and Lucretia after how evil they were last season... and how evil they are this season.
  • I only have one more episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, and then it's all over. :( I'm saving it for tomorrow. It's odd how well the writers can make me empathize with Quintus and Lucretia after how evil they were last season... and how evil they are this season.
    It's because you are evil, duh! And I understand your sorrow, no more seeing topless men with their rock-hard, washboard abs, and their lovely man-nipples you fantasize about. Or that could be just me.
  • It's because you are evil, duh! And I understand your sorrow, no more seeing topless men with their rock-hard, washboard abs, and their lovely man-nipples you fantasize about. Or that could be just me.
    The orgies, they certainly are happening.
  • I only have one more episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, and then it's all over. :( I'm saving it for tomorrow. It's odd how well the writers can make me empathize with Quintus and Lucretia after how evil they were last season... and how evil they are this season.
    It's because you are evil, duh! And I understand your sorrow, no more seeing topless men with their rock-hard, washboard abs, and their lovely man-nipples you fantasize about. Or that could be just me.
    In every man's heart there is the desire to be a murderous half-naked beefcake and shows like Spartacus feed that desire. It doesn't necessarily we want to fuck them.
  • I know I'm a bit late on this one, but Community is the business.