This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I know I'm a bit late on this one, but Community is the business.
    Community is an amazing show indeed.
  • Every season of Scrubs is on Netflix instant watch, guys.
    I'm finding this out now. I was planning on watching it with my significant other, and was for a while, but my impatience and late nights working on projects got the better of me and I just ended up watching all of season one in about 3 nights. I'm now five episodes deep into season 2.
    Also, 30 Rock.
  • I know I'm a bit late on this one, but Community is the business.
    Community is an amazing show indeed.
    Community is an fantastic show, and everyone that is not watching it is missing something in their lives :O
  • Also, 30 Rock.
    The Queen Of Jordan episode was amazing.
  • Every season of Scrubs is on Netflix instant watch, guys.
    Oh man, 6 episodes in one day. And that was during school!
    I have no life, and now I have less of one.
  • Has anyone noticed that Traffic Light on fox is the exact same show as Perfect Couples on NBC? Each show follows 3 couples. 2 of the couples are married, 1 is dating/living together. One of the married couples is a bi racial couple; the man is white, the woman is asain. This couple is also seen as the "alpha couple", giving advice and are "perfect".
  • Holy shit, how have I not mentioned this?

Lights Out is the best current show on television. It's gritty, it's compelling, it tells a wonderful story, and the characters are just so fascinating. I love the dialogue and tension, and I really hope that the lead, Holt McCallany gets more work from this because he has an intimidating presence, but he's so likable. It's sad because I don't think they'll get renewed, but FX is kind enough to give it a full season, which might be enough to tell a full story for this drama. Seriously, watch it now.
    I loved Lights Out when it first started, but as the season nears its conclusion, it's started to go downhill for me. The show has seriously taken a turn into "soap opera" territory and they got rid of one of the most interesting characters... his new boxing coach, and I can't stand his brother or the way his family manipulates him. It's just gotten too unrealistic for me with all the side stories and forced drama.

Speaking of FX shows, a show that I LOVE, that I don't think has been mentioned yet is Justified. This might be my favorite show on TV at the moment. Everything about it, from the cast, to the plot, to the cinematography to the writing... oh the writing... don't get me started on how well written this show is.... I just love it. This is the show that I eagerly await every week.
  • Oh my bad. They both do not have 2 married couples.
  • edited March 2011
    Has anyone noticed that Traffic Light on fox is the exact same show as Perfect Couples on NBC? Each show follows 3 couples. 2 of the couples are married, 1 is dating/living together. One of the married couples is a bi racial couple; the man is white, the woman is asain. This couple is also seen as the "alpha couple", giving advice and are "perfect".
    And Traffic Light is like Rules of Engagement, which is like How I Met Your Mother, which is like Mad Love...there's this bizarre obsession with three couples in all these shows. I think all of the networks are trying to repeat "Friends" but don't realize what's necessary.

But seriously, Perfect Couples is fucking shit. It follows the most conniving, backwards, insecure people I've ever watched.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I like House. I wonder if this is the season House jumps the shark?
  • Love my Way and Secret life of us.

Holy fuck, why didn't I watch these before now? Some of the best drama I've seen in a long, long time.
  • Well, Trigun was just released on Netflix streaming, so I'll see you next week.
  • Well, Trigun was just released on Netflix streaming, so I'll see you next week.
    I've noticed that they've been releasing more anime lately and decent anime at that. This will be my chance to watch Hetalia.
  • edited March 2011
    NewsRadio is awesome. Dave Foely = Great. Phil Hartman = Even Better.

Further proof: In an episode featuring a miniature Boba Fett statue this showed up in the credits.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • This will be my chance to watch Hetalia.
    Hetalia anime is dumb and poorly animated. Comic is much better, especially because it always links to wikipedia, and leads one to read about the War of Austrian Succession and such for hours.
  • This will be my chance to watch Hetalia.
    Hetalia anime is dumb and poorly animated. Comic is much better, especially because it always links to wikipedia, and leads one to read about the War of Austrian Succession and such for hours.
    Good to know. Will remove from queue.
  • So tonight's episode of Community is going to be a Pulp Fiction episode. I has an excite.
  • So tonight's episode of Community is going to be a Pulp Fiction episode. I has an excite.
    Me want. Must change out of sweat pants. Bonner showing.
  • edited March 2011
    So tonight's episode of Community is going to be a Pulp Fiction episode. I has an excite.
    Me want. Must stay in sweat pants. Boner showing.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • You have bonered like, a bajillion times today. Community, Captain America, Japanese Bakery? You should do something about that.
  • Contact a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours.
  • You Tube has become a wealth of video for a pro wrestling fan like myself. Not only can you find older territory matches that the WWE hasn't grabbed, but also matches from Japan and the British Catch-style pro wrestling of the 70s and 80s. I might have to contact a doctor considering they have Terry Goodridge vs. Dave Finlay on there.
  • Leverage is actually really, really, REALLY awesome, and not just because Beth Riesgraf is a stone cold fox.
  • Leverage is actually really, really, REALLY awesome, and not just because Beth Riesgraf is a stone cold fox.
    I've watched all of it, but it does get somewhat repetitive.
    I can believe that, but I'm really enjoying it right now.
    With time I think you'll find Eliot is the more awesome character, though there is definitely much to be said for Parker.
  • Contact a prostitute if it lasts more than 4 hours.
    With time I think you'll find Eliot is the more awesome character, though there is definitely much to be said for Parker.
    I really enjoy that show, but so help me the episode on the plane made me want to beat the writers with a metal pipe.
  • I really enjoy that show, but so help me the episode on the plane made me want to beat the writers with a metal pipe.
    Why is that? Because it was so far fetched?

I enjoy the cameos with Wil Wheaton and yes Eliot is my favorite character. He can pull off long hair on a dude. I really loved the episode where he was a country singer and the one where he was the baseball player. The Japanese commercial had me dying.