This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Retro City Rampage 75% off

That was about as much as I was willing to pay for the game. Seems kinda fun but I'll probably get bored with it pretty fast. Buying from their site as opposed to Steam will net you a Steam key AND a DRM-free copy.

There's also low rumblings that the Steam Summer Sale (S3?) might start this Thursday. Those trading cards are rolling out of beta on Wednesday and Steam has hinted there is an event hopefully in conjunction with this release.

I'm not ready!
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited June 2013
    In 4 minutes the $10/25% off sale on Ni no Kuni already sold out/waitlist got full. D:
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I've spent so much money on the GOG sale, and now the Steam Sale is about to begin.

Also: Handy tip for free money!

If you have TF2 hats that you're not using, or have ever played TF2 in the past, you can now sell a lot of those hats on the marketplace. Many people already know about that, some don't. I was one of the latter, and within 2 hours had made $20 for my steam wallet.
  • I made fifteen bucks off of a fucking sandwich. I play a lot of TF2, but some players are just strange.
  • I made fifteen bucks off of a fucking sandwich. I play a lot of TF2, but some players are just strange.
    True that. Unfortunately, you're limited in what you can sell(only certain items) and many items are going for a handful of cents - as a general rule, unless you've got some 100% sweet stranges or rare unusuals, you're getting 4/5ths of 4/8ths of fuck all.

True that. Unfortunately, you're limited in what you can sell(only certain items) and many items are going for a handful of cents - as a general rule, unless you've got some 100% sweet stranges or rare unusuals, you're getting 4/5ths of 4/8ths of fuck all.

I made fifteen bucks off of a fucking sandwich. I play a lot of TF2, but some players are just strange.

Yes. Definitely. I had a few dozen things all worth maybe $0.10 or so. They added up eventually.
  • I saw a facebook friend from college posting about selling a hat for $70 the other day. Madness.
  • I saw a facebook friend from college posting about selling a hat for $70 the other day. Madness.
    What the hell... $70 for some in-game BS like that?

Am I becoming so old and jaded that I just don't get it anymore?
  • Yes. Jeremy sold previous PAX LoL in-game redemption codes for some special skin for like $200. Shit was awesome because it was during his in-between job times so it helped pay the rent.
  • Yes. Jeremy sold previous PAX LoL in-game redemption codes for some special skin for like $200. Shit was awesome because it was during his in-between job times so it helped pay the rent.
    That is really awesome.
  • If you don't own Borderlands 1 or 2: this is the FUCKING DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

PC MINIONS! This week get a bundle with Borderlands GOTY, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands 2 Season Pass for only $21.99, plus save 50% on some of the best Borderlands 2 DLC.
    The link I posted a few days ago and several posts above had the game and DLC for even cheaper!!!!!
  • If you don't own Borderlands 1 or 2: this is the FUCKING DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

PC MINIONS! This week get a bundle with Borderlands GOTY, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands 2 Season Pass for only $21.99, plus save 50% on some of the best Borderlands 2 DLC.
    Alright, I'm picking it up. I hope FRC people still actually play. :P
  • I do, and I know of at least one other person who will be in the near future. I'd be willing to scrub up with y'all.
  • I got the Witcher 2 a couple weeks ago when it was on sale. I just finished the prologue and I think the combat is fairly obtuse, but rewarding when you master it. I still feel like I spam to win though. The art and world is fantastic. I love all the armor designs!
  • Defense Grid is free on the XBLA.
  • I think Kinetic Void is the first daily deal to be a game in Alpha.
  • Since Y'all missed it last time, Amazon is having a big sale till the 14th, with deals that change, come, and go. List of games and more information.
  • Anno 2070, why you still so espensive!
  • Anno 2070, why do you make only let me launch you from Uplay rather than from just inside Steam like every other game on the planet?
  • Anno 2070, why do you make only let me launch you from Uplay rather than from just inside Steam like every other game on the planet?
    Reason I didn't play Might & Magic VI as much as I otherwise would have. Can't complain, though. Got the game for free.
  • well, if you go through uplay then it will just work. I don't really get why people get so butthurt about one extra click.
  • well, if you go through uplay then it will just work. I don't really get why people get so butthurt about one extra click.
    It's unnecessary. Also, it was used for evil in the past, so people don't trust it.

I have lost major progress in AC2 because if its rather poor save syncing with the cloud. It's a good idea, potentially, but thry should just ude Steamworks
  • Steamworks has its own issues, to be sure, but they mostly affect developers.
    It's unnecessary. Also, it was used for evil in the past, so people don't trust it.

It's certainly unnecessary but it takes like a couple more seconds. You've probably lost more time doing something even more unnecessary in life. Uplay is definitely bullshit but I don't really care if a game has it or not.
    well, if you go through uplay then it will just work. I don't really get why people get so butthurt about one extra click.
    I have lost major progress in AC2 because if its rather poor save syncing with the cloud. It's a good idea, potentially, but thry should just ude Steamworks
    I don't understand how this would happen. The game lost the save? Or you were playing somewhere and then went to another computer and the save was lost?

Maybe I just don't understand.
  • Tolerating bullshit means more bullshit down the road.
  • And the day that bullshit comes is the day I stop using it. But for now the bullshit is pretty minimal.