This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Yes, how terrible. I think one end of the sale generally coincides with July 4th, because America, so we can probably expect it to start that weekend.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Looking back in the thread, it was in July last year. Not sure exactly when, but I would assume that Valve would be smart enough to not have it conflict with the biggest gaming convention there is, not the least because it's happening right in their backyard.
    It conflicts with PAX AUS, not PAX Prime.

• Anybody know when the Steam Summer sale is due? July I guess.
    Fack, I hope it's late July, since if it's early July, it'll be right over the top of PAX.
    We have a strategy for this that was developed when there was a Steam Sale while we were at the beach. Use the iOS Steam app to buy the games.
    It's also a matter of cash, dude. I'm a freelance writer, I don't exactly make that much anymore. PAX is pretty much cleaning me out, all things considered.
  • edited June 2013
    Anybody know when the Steam Summer sale is due? July I guess.
    Fack, I hope it's late July, since if it's early July, it'll be right over the top of PAX.
    We have a strategy for this that was developed when there was a Steam Sale while we were at the beach. Use the iOS Steam app to buy the games.
    It's also a matter of cash, dude. I'm a freelance writer, I don't exactly make that much anymore. PAX is pretty much cleaning me out, all things considered.
    Idea. During the sale I should just buy and gift the cheap game I already have and know is good to all the poor people and the console people. The poor people need it. The console people will convert to collect their gifts.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Idea. During the sale I should just buy and gift the cheap game I already have and know is good to all the poor people and the console people. The poor people need it. The console people will convert to collect their gifts.
    That's not a bad idea, pretty good, actually. It will take more than that for a console person to convert - a little over-ambitious there, I think - but it's the necessary foot in the door, because once you start, it's very hard to stop. At worst, you'll end up with more people who play on both PC and their console of choice, which isn't a bad thing. Especially considering how a lot of console exclusives are coming to PC with the next gen, they're just exclusive amongst consoles.

Does open up a few opportunities otherwise, though. Shit dude, now you've got me thinking.
  • edited June 2013
    Idea. During the sale I should just buy and gift the cheap game I already have and know is good to all the poor people and the console people. The poor people need it. The console people will convert to collect their gifts.
    This is a cool idea! I have way too many Steam games for my (relatively small) amount of leisure time, but I've also got a cool job. I'm going to buy several copies of FTL and several copies of Monaco and gift them to my Console/Jobless friends.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GOG is having a Summer sale. Basically everything is 50% off at the minimum with more extreme daily deals. Today being Alan Wake series and D&D so get some Baldur's Gate (or better yet Torment: Planescape) for cheap.

I'm waiting for cheap System Shock 2.
  • You forgot that Torchlight 1 is free on GoG
  • I was assuming everyone had that game at this point or didn't have any interest in playing it.

(Actually I forgot)
  • MWAHAHAHAH! Skulls of the Shogun now pre-order on Steam. XBLA exclusive my ASS.
  • It was on Windows 8 store as well.
  • It was on Windows 8 store as well.
    So is Pac-Man CE DX. :(
  • I'm willing to bet they signed some sort of exclusivity deal with Microsoft for the Windows 8 launch and now that it's passed they actually want to sell some games.
  • Huge sale at GOG.com now. Alan Wake is 90% off, I might pick it up for less than $5. Also, original Torchlight is free for a bit.
  • Not to be an asshole but you're about 7 comments too late.
  • You're an asshole :(
  • Whelp, I guess everyone knows which people I ignore now.
    Not to be an asshole but it would be 9 comments in your quote.
  • Mark of the Ninja is in sale, sub 4€.
    I already have it on xbox, but at that price, I'd almost be ready to rebuy it for the PC so I would actually play it.

I'm scared that I'm slowly turning into Scott Rubin.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm scared that I'm slowly turning into Scott Rubin.
    We can't keep this one. He must be expelled. He has been bitten by the Rubinthrope.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm scared that I'm slowly turning into Scott Rubin.
    We can't keep this one. He must be expelled. He has been bitten by the Rubinthrope.
    There are worse fates. He could turn into The Flaming Geek.
  • Stealth Bastard is in the newest humble bundle. I haven't played it yet but I remember Churba saying good things about it.
  • Stealth Bastard is in the newest humble bundle. I haven't played it yet but I remember Churba saying good things about it.
    It's basically Super Meat Boy quality platforming - though the platforming ALONE isn't as difficult - combined with stealth mechanics and puzzle solving. It's pretty well made, and I find it pretty enjoyable.
    It's basically Super Meat Boy quality platforming - though the platforming ALONE isn't as difficult - combined with stealth mechanics and puzzle solving. It's pretty well made, and I find it pretty enjoyable.
    It's pretty similar to Mark of the Ninja. I love both.
  • I'm pretty sure not liking Mark of the Ninja qualifies as a war crime under the Geneva Convention.
  • gog.com is still having a bunch of sales and FTL is only $2.50 right now so for the two of you that haven't bought it yet I suggest you do.
  • gog.com is still having a bunch of sales and FTL is only $2.50 right now so for the two of you that haven't bought it yet I suggest you do.
    Buy FTL from their official website; you get a Steam code and DRM-free cross platform files, and the developer gets more money from Humble Store than anywhere else.
    http://www.ftlgame.com/
  • edited June 2013
    Not strictly video games, but the 9" Nook HD+ is only $150/$180 for the 16gb/32gb models. And now they come with the Google play store and not just the Nook ecosystem so they're a lot more tablet-ey. Not sure if they're discontinuing them or what but its a good deal.
    Source
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by canine224 on