This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited June 2013
    1920x1200 is minimum.
    ...wat.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • 1080p is lower resolution and fewer pixels than even my ancient CRT.
    I'm pretty sure my PHONE is 1080p.
  • edited June 2013
    That's 1080 vertical, the S3 is 1280 but that's it's longest side, so it's really only 720.

Progressive vs interlaced only applied to TVs.

URN: Steam sale is about a month away?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fable 3 is free right now on XBox. I confirmed it. It might be a mistake. It might not be. I'm downloading right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1g0qps/you_didnt_hear_it_from_me/
  • I'm downloading right now.
    That is the only mistake being made here.

• Who doesn't want to be disappointed by Molyneux again?
  • Fable 3 sucks. Not even worth the D/L
    I'm willing to find this out for myself for $0.
    So your time is also worth $0.00? ;^)

It probably won't take me more than a few minutes to figure out what the deal is.

• edited June 2013
    Fable 3 sucks. Not even worth the D/L
    It probably won't take me more than a few minutes to figure out what the deal is.
    Oh, this should be good. Always is.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Is it really? I remember at one point I thought Fable 2 was free because the first part was free. They had like split it up into 5 separate parts and you paid for all parts past the first one. It ended up being more expensive that way than just outright buying the game. I wasn't too interested in playing it to begin with.
  • My favorite thing about playing Fable 2 was that I did actually get paid to play it. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time.
  • Fable 2 was actually quite good IMHO. Fable 3 just dropped the ball on all accounts. Not to mention it runs really poorly on the Xbox 360. I get horrible frame rates and stuttering.
  • Existing Xbox Live Gold members will begin receiving two free games per month.
    Existing Xbox Live Gold members will begin receiving two free games per month until the launch of the Xbox One in November. The first two games will be Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II. Fable III was already made free to Gold subscribers earlier today.
  • Eh I let my gold run out a couple days ago.
  • My gold has been out for months now. I have Dark Souls on PC these days and when I tried to find some online games for Guilty Gear when there was free gold weekend, it was completely dead.
  • edited June 2013
    Wow, I did not have any patience for that Fable 3. Holy shit.

Good - Choose your own adventure! Hooray!

Bad
    • Hug or kiss. What great choices.
    • If it's CYOA, why do I have to walk around and hit things?
    • Really? Grinding by shaking everyone's hand? Hello Okami paint all the trees.
    • Let me go anywhere, but the magic glow shows the only way that matters.
    • You can buy this business with the road to whatnot pack. MEGA MAN MEGA MAN!
    • Walking, walking, walking...
    If you're going to make a fucking CYOA game with a story, please remove all the other bullshit completely. Thank you.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Humble Weekly sale is Alan Wake+American Nightmare.
    I got those games in a Steam sale. They're shit.
    You missed a word. They're the shit. At least, Alan Wake is. I haven't played American Nightmare, yet.
  • edited June 2013
    The gameplay consists of pointing a flashlight around. I got so bored.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I BEAT Alan Wake on XBox because it was free. It's shit. Walk around and hit things. Should have been a made for TV movie, because that was what it is.
  • Any game that is very mono-mechanic with very little appreciable artistic content (story, background story, mythology, lore, well constructed character personalities, dialogue, atmosphere + environment etc. etc.) to immerse and distract you from the repetition of that mechanic is going to suck ass.

Good games, such as Portal does this well IMO.

Bad games, such as Call of Duty does not so well.
  • edited June 2013
    Any game that is very mono-mechanic with very little appreciable artistic content (story, background story, mythology, lore, well constructed character personalities, dialogue, atmosphere + environment etc. etc.) to immerse and distract you from the repetition of that mechanic is going to suck ass.
    Damn you Counterstrike, NS2, Tetris and Starcraft 2. You all sucked ass and I'm only finding out now!
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • edited June 2013
    Wow, I did not have any patience for that Fable 3. Holy shit.
    Yep. I got to the first town and accidentally hit a guard, then had to fight a constantly respawning stream of guards and couldn't continue the story.

Strangely, I had a somewhat similar experience in Skyrim, but the guards calmed down after I fought off some dragons for them. It didn't hinder my gameplay at all.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited June 2013
    Anybody know when the Steam Summer sale is due? July I guess.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Wasn't it sometime in July last year?

Also, I hope they have a huge Steam sale right when the Xboner is released just as a fuck you.
  • Anybody know when the Steam Summer sale is due? July I guess.
    Fack, I hope it's late July, since if it's early July, it'll be right over the top of PAX.
  • Anybody know when the Steam Summer sale is due? July I guess.
    Fack, I hope it's late July, since if it's early July, it'll be right over the top of PAX.
    We have a strategy for this that was developed when there was a Steam Sale while we were at the beach. Use the iOS Steam app to buy the games.
  • Looking back in the thread, it was in July last year. Not sure exactly when, but I would assume that Valve would be smart enough to not have it conflict with the biggest gaming convention there is, not the least because it's happening right in their backyard.
  • The steam sale has been less then stellar recently plus no cool "achievement whoring for prizes" which made it an event last time!