This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Red Faction: Geurilla. Get it if you hadn't already.

As it's THQ week, I'm predicting Saints Row 2 is going to be up, and probably Warhammer DoW.
    I have all of those through a THQ bundle. Red Faction is pretty fun but for some reason I've never played it for more then an hour or so.
  • edited October 2010
    Obligatory:

If the DoW pack goes on sale, I will shit bricks.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If the DoW pack goes on sale, I will shit bricks.
    I attempted to play them a bit but they didn't grab me, I'll have to try again some time.
  • Done. There are few games I wouldn't buy for $1.50.
  • Dogfighter has a 85% discount and is now $1.5 just for today, and part of tomorrow
    I passed over this on the last sale, but I'm still tempted by it since I have a joystick....
  • If the DoW pack goes on sale, I will shit bricks.
    I attempted to play them a bit but they didn't grab me, I'll have to try again some time.
    DoW2 is where it's at once you start getting some good upgrades. Nothing like getting pinned in an assault and then calling in Drop Pod support to flank the enemy. It's a pretty neat spin on the squad tactic, and it plays pretty similarly to Company of Heroes.
  • Company of Heroes.
    Oh then I might like it then, I loved Company of heroes. (only problem with that game is I came to it like 3 year after people were playing it multiplayer that were not crazy good)
  • edited October 2010
    Done. There are few games I wouldn't buy for $1.50.
    And it's only 1GB. Nice.

There was a time when I thought FF8 coming on four CDs was crazy.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Red Faction: Geurilla. Get it if you hadn't already.
    If it was $5, I'd get it.
  • edited October 2010
    Dogfighter seems to be another game from the "The controls should be part of the challenge." school of thinking. I'd have thought making a twin-stick flying game easy to pilot would have been pretty easy.
  • Dogfighter seems to be another game from the "The controls should be part of the challenge." school of thinking. I'd have thought making a twin-stick flying game easy to pilot would have been pretty easy.
    The game completely fucked up the mapping of my XB360 controller and has absolutely no way to change the controls. $1.50 down the shitter.
  • Help & Options --> Controls --> Gamepad tab?
  • edited October 2010
    Halloween Sale's gone up. It's of the "Few games done dirt cheap." type.

Bought myself Frontlines (If this turns out better than BFBC2..) and Overlord 2. I would strongly recommended Ghost Master if you haven't already got it.
  • Help & Options --> Controls --> Gamepad tab?
    Oops, it was Splinter Cell Conviction that was broken and wouldn't let me change the controls. The controls in Dogfighter are just stupid. Hurrdurr.
  • I just bought Worms: Reloaded and Bioshock.
  • Worms: Reloaded
    Let us know if it's worth it. $10 isn't quite in the instabuy zone for me.
    Let us know if it's worth it. $10 isn't quite in the instabuy zone for me.
    Looking at the gameplay video, it took me all the way back to my days of youth spent playing Worms Armageddon. If that is any reflection, it would be so worth it and a recommended buy for anyone on this forum.

Anyway, I'll be buying TF2 tomorrow.
    Let us know if it's worth it.
  • edited October 2010
    Don't, TF2 is long lost at this point. This is coming from someone who clocked at least 100 hours and really liked it.

Oh god.. my bandwidth. FL is 11GB and Overloard is 3.6.
  • I've played some shitty Worms games (it gets worse than the 3D ones), so I just want to make sure that this is a good one.
  • The game is pretty close to the first 2 or 3 versions of it. A friend that's more hardcore into the franchise says it's not bad, but its a disappointment.
  • The DoW2 pack is on sale for $20 this weekend. Between that and the Minecraft update, my life is over.
  • Minecraft update
    Must make game, not play game...
  • Minecraft update
    Must make game, not play game...
    I thought Minecraft wasn't a game.
  • I thought Minecraft wasn't a game.
    It's going to be, very soon. Capture the flag and that sort of shit is coming down the pipe.
  • Yeah, when non-broken multiplayer comes into Minecraft, that will be hot shit. Build your own forts and play CTF with them? God damn.
  • Yeah, when non-broken multiplayer comes into Minecraft, that will be hot shit. Build your own forts and play CTF with them? God damn.
    There will have to be some sort of timer where you can't take the flag for X minutes. Otherwise, just cap before the forts are built. Also, there has to be some sort of limit on building. I mean, if I just surround the flag with stone as quickly as possible, I can surround it faster than you can dig through. Cap will be impossible.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, there definitely needs to be a building time during which you can't capture. My thought was that after that time runs out, you can no longer remove or place any blocks. Now, to prevent simply blocking off the flag, you make that the spawn point for each team. If your flag is blocked off, you can't capture the enemy flag either, since you'll be stuck in your spawn.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Just put the fortresses really far appart from each other. First you have to find where your enemy is then start building proxy-bases to attack from.

Also, if the flag itself is movable, you could just hide it underground (Maybe have a compas that will point to it's latteral direction.).