This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Today's Indie Story Pack looks worth it just for Recettear. 92% savings.
    Done.
    Same. I'm really excited to finally play Recettear.
  • That good eh? Well, I just bought Audiosurf, 5 more bucks ain't gonna make much of a difference. Besides, Steam is going to, no doubt, drain me of many dollares this weekend.

Never mind the christmas sale coming up...
  • Today's Indie Story Pack looks worth it just for Recettear. 92% savings.
    Done.
    Same. I'm really excited to finally play Recettear.
    I already own Recettear and bought that pack anyway. Mostly for the Gish and Puzzle Agent.
  • I hope this won't be another deal where I wind up buying it and not playing it. We'll see.
  • For Rect and Gish that's worth it.

At first I thought it was more weaksauce but I prefer how they're spacing out the good stuff.
  • Yeah, these 5 dollar sales are nuts. And I can recommend Audiosurf to anyone, it's a great game.
  • You know, Audio surf must be a great game to play when you're high on marijuana.
  • If you, for whatever reason, don't have Batman: Arkham Asylum, pick that shit up! It's $10.20 until noon EST tomorrow. One of the best single-player games I've played in a long time.
  • You know, Audio surf must be a great game to play when you're high on marijuana.
  • I gotta say, playing video games while high is overrated. You just suck at the games, and there are much more interesting things to do while high. That said, I have never played Audiosurf, specifically, while high.
  • I think Audiosurf and Rez are the only two which are any good while high.
  • I think Audiosurf and Rez are the only two which are any good while high.
    I've seen Beat Hazard entertain loads of people. That one goes on the list too.
  • I've seen Beat Hazard entertain loads of people. That one goes on the list too.
    Beat Hazard is basically Asteroids + an MP3 player + an epilepsy warning. And it's awesome.
  • I really want someone to cross-breed it with Geometry Wars.
  • edited November 2010
    I gotta say, playing video games while high is overrated. You just suck at the games, and there are much more interesting things to do while high. That said, I have never played Audiosurf, specifically, while high.
    I disagree - when you're playing locally with people who are also high, it's great fun - especially for simple games, like bomberman '93.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Mario Kart is tremendously fun while drunk out of your skull. Four players, 1st and 2nd place stay, 3rd place is out without penalty, 4th place goes out and does a shot. It is the best geek party game I've ever played.
  • edited November 2010
    I disagree - when you're playing locally with people who are also high, it's great fun - especially for simple games, like bomberman '93.
    You're right -- I wasn't taking social aspects into consideration.

Anyway, I got Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition. That intro sequence, where they're taking Joker into the asylum, feels eerily like standing in line for one of the Batman-themed rides at Six Flags.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Does anyone know if Kane and Lynch 2 is worth 5 dollars?
  • I don't think that game's worth your time playing it if it was free. It's meant to be pretty painful.

I'd like to try it's fragile alliance multiplayer but that's only worth it with friends.
  • edited November 2010
    You're right -- I wasn't taking social aspects into consideration.
    I get a lot better K/D in MW2 while high playing online. Although, Starcraft 2 goes down the drain because I forget stuff in my build orders all the fucking time. Forgot 4 of my first 6 overlords once. :P

Also, IMO. Beat Hazard > Audiosurf > everything else while high.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Why didn't I wait a week? I paid 4 times as much just for Recettear.

Oh well. Worth it. By a long shot.
  • I own everything I want that's on sale today. I already have WoG, so I'm not ever sure the Indie Pack is worth it.
  • I'm getting the feeling they're holding out on us. Maybe they're thinking people won't have much money until after christmas.
  • I think they're saving all the supremely good deals (think New Vegas, Civ V, maybe Black Ops) for Cyber Monday.
  • Digital monday. This is the future we're living in, none of that cyber unless it pertains to things in science fiction e.g. cyber-brains.
  • Most major news outlets in the US call it Cyber Monday.
  • So I got the $5 Indy Story pack.

And Yet it Moves is not so exciting. Just kinda annoying and fiddly.

Gish was going ok until I got physically stuck in a spot with no escape.

Jolly Rover is pretty good, and is actually really funny. The only flaw is that it is is a point and click adventure game. So tedious and long. Watch the game on YouTube instead of playing.

Recettear is Recettear.

Puzzle Agent had the most promise of all of them. I didn't realize that the art in this game is by the Space Wolf guy until I launched it. At that point I was really excited. The plot of the game seemed like it was going to be really good too. I was expecting a Layton-esque experience, and was into it. Then the second puzzle in the game just doesn't work.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17891&page=10

There is a ten page thread that has been in their forums since July. So that's 5 months now that this game-breaking bug has existed. Puzzle Agents is completely unplayable for a great many people. I'm going to try on my laptop, but the bug is in full effect on my desktop. This is bullshit. Something this defective needs to be taken off the shelves, however digital those shelves may be.
  • Puzzle Agent had the most promise of all of them. I didn't realize that the art in this game is by the Space Wolf guy until I launched it. At that point I was really excited. The plot of the game seemed like it was going to be really good too. I was expecting a Layton-esque experience, and was into it. Then the second puzzle in the game just doesn't work.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17891&page;=10

There is a ten page thread that has been in their forums since July. So that's 5 months now that this game-breaking bug has existed. Puzzle Agents is completely unplayable for a great many people. I'm going to try on my laptop, but the bug is in full effect on my desktop. This is bullshit. Something this defective needs to be taken off the shelves, however digital those shelves may be.
    Heh, for once having an ATI card makes you immune to a bug.

Anyway, what do you guys think about todays indie pack? And has anyone played Blur?
  • I played Blur at a friend's house. It's basically mario kart with better graphics, real cars, and no mario characters.
  • The only one that interests me today is Machinarium, I think.