This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Machinarium is good but the puzzles get balls hard in the last few scenes (Once you go up to the top in the lift.).

It just occured to me that Indie on PC isn't weak, it's just seems weak on Steam as indie devs just set up Paypal shops.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I played Blur at a friend's house. It's basically mario kart with better graphics, real cars, and no mario characters.
    Well, then I think I'll pass.

There wasn't really anything in the indie pack that interested me today other than world of goo. And even with that, I think I'll pass.
  • edited November 2010
    Puzzle Agent had the most promise of all of them. I didn't realize that the art in this game is by the Space Wolf guy until I launched it. At that point I was really excited. The plot of the game seemed like it was going to be really good too. I was expecting a Layton-esque experience, and was into it. Then the second puzzle in the game just doesn't work.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17891&page;=10

There is a ten page thread that has been in their forums since July. So that's 5 months now that this game-breaking bug has existed. Puzzle Agents is completely unplayable for a great many people. I'm going to try on my laptop, but the bug is in full effect on my desktop. This is bullshit. Something this defective needs to be taken off the shelves, however digital those shelves may be.
    Bought the pack yesterday, downloaded and played the game today 3.4 hours later finished the game, most of the puzzles are simple, the others where you have to put pieces together has the problem that they snap together, so if you are too lazy you can just click randomly and you'll eventually get there. The story was somewhat entertaining but the game feels like they ran out of budget halfway.

I bought today's indie pack as well because I wanted to play VVVVVVVVV so I kinda got 3 free games (already own World of Goo).
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • FUUUCK I missed Recattear!? AGH. Hopefully it will return in some form at the end of the sale. Getting the current indie pack for VVVVV.

Also, Machinarium is probably my favorite game I've played all year. I highly recommend it.
  • I bought today's indie pack as well because I wanted to play VVVVVVVVV so I kinda got 3 free games (already own World of Goo).
    I already have WoG too, but I don't know if I want the rest of that clever pack for $5; I don't know anything about VVVVVV. However, if I didn't already have WoG it would be a definite purchase.
  • edited November 2010
    FUUUCK I missed Recattear!? AGH. Hopefully it will return in some form at the end of the sale.
    Is it a bad time to bring up how much I'm enjoying this game? Because I'm really enjoying it. ;)
    It's tough making the payments every week. And some of the customers (THAT FUCKING LITTLE KID AND THAT STUPID FARIE) seem to want everything for below cost. But the dungeon crawls are fun, though I wish you could hold more or that the items on the floor had their names.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I bought today's indie pack as well because I wanted to play VVVVVVVVV so I kinda got 3 free games (already own World of Goo).
    I already have WoG too, but I don't know if I want the rest of that clever pack for $5; I don't know anything about VVVVVV. However, if I didn't already have WoG it would be a definite purchase.
    Yeah, I dunno that I'm going to buy it. None of the others hold interest for me but VVVVVV and WoG; VVVVVVV is $5 normally, and I have WoG already.
  • though I wish you could hold more
    It's a function of your shopkeeper level. you get the option to hold more later.
    It's a function of your shopkeeper level. you get the option to hold more later.
    Every week I end up only barely making the payment. I'm looking at next weeks 200,000 pix payment and I'm thinking, "Holeee shit."
    Every week I end up only barely making the payment. I'm looking at next weeks 200,000 pix payment and I'm thinking, "Holeee shit."
    It takes a few times through. It should be noted that if you fail the only things that reset are: you lose all your money, and you have to meet all the adventurers again. While your store stays updated, you keep all your inventory, and the adventurers stay leveled up.
    Time to loop, bro.
  • Wow! Left 4 Dead 2 5 dollars! Just got it, can`t resist temptation.
  • edited November 2010
    Bit.Trip beat is already on sale?! For £4, add in Audio surf and Beathazard and I'm in!

They need to make the gift packs smaller or mix more than one game into each, e.g. four of one, four of another.
  • Bit.Trip beat is already on sale?! For £4, add in Audio surf and Beathazard and I'm in!
    Are Beat Hazard and Bit.Trip Beat worth that price? I already have Audiosurf.
  • edited November 2010
    £2 each. Definitely.

Polynomial looks pretty trippy.
  • I didn't really like polynomial when I played the demo, but there are very few games I wont buy for a buck a piece. I already have Audiosurf from the sale earlier this week, can I gift the copy I'll get in this pack?

Also, what do you guys thing of GTA 4 Liberty City Stories?
  • Generally considered to be more the wacky funny that Rockstar's good at (Vice City being the best GTA.) than the original. Or so I've heard.

Pretty sure all games bought more than once are giftable.
  • edited November 2010
    Awww... Steam says I wont receive extra copies of audio surf.

EDIT: Though, apparently that doesn't mean what it sounds like...
    Answer
    Users who purchase a special daily 'Gift Pack' during the 'Give and Get' sale, November 24 - 29th, will be able to give away the extra copies of the games. If you already own the game in the Gift Pack, you will be able to give all copies of the games to friends.
    If you don't already own the game in the Gift Pack, one copy will be registered to your account and you can give away the remaining copies.
    EDIT2: Oh, a giftpack is one of those deals on the sidebar. Damn, and I was gonna give my sister the extra audiosurf.
  • The game that interests me at the moment is Supreme Commander 2 for 3.75. Has anyone played this game?
  • If you like attrition stragergy simulations, it should be worth it for that price. Lots of stuff blows up, I hear.
  • edited November 2010
    Hm... Looks like the sale is over. Funny, I thought it was going until the 29th.
    EDIT: Oh, looks like it just took a few minutes to kick in for today, but 0% off on some games aint really a deal.
  • Wow, today's sale sucks.
  • Yeah, this is dicks.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, but I'm kinda looking at the orange box. I already have everything but TF2 and HL2:Episode 2, but I could care less about the last half life chapter, so I'm only really looking at TF2 for 7.50 .

Is it worth it?
  • Meh. I've realized that it's really more of a game where you see what kinds of bullshit you can get away with.
  • so I'm only really looking at TF2 for 7.50.
    Eh...
  • edited November 2010
    Might get World of Goo.

TF2's gotten pretty terrible.
  • Wait. You need to buy DLC keys to break that shit open?

Man, fuck TF2.
  • Anyone with any info on the indie pack?
  • I have about 25 of the Cogs puzzles on my iPhone. It's really fun. I've heard good things about Tidalis and Puzzle Dimension, too, but the game is worth it for Cogs, in my opinion. Try the demo; it's like a mix of steampunk mechanics puzzles, Rubik's cubes, and Fantastic Contraption.