This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I'd like Alpha Protocol to go on sale. Idle Thumbs and Zero Punctuation made it sound really interesting.
    It's $10 for consoles on Gamefly at the moment if you have a system. I don't think they'd drop it any lower than that:
    XBox 360
    PS3

I haven't played it, and have too much of a backlog right now, but I have heard it's underrated.
  • It's not a Steam sale, but Age of Empires III is currently 10 cents on Window's Live Market
    Apparently they ran out of game keys, but you can still buy it now and they'll send you the key sometime next week.
  • It's not a Steam sale, but Age of Empires III is currently10 cents on Window's Live Market
    Apparently they ran out of game keys, but you can still buy it now and they'll send you the key sometime next week.
    Yeah, I got it. It's obviously just a trick to get people to get the Windows Live Market setup on their PCs.
  • I realized that about 5 seconds after I bought it, but I'm only out 10 cents, so it doesn't really bother me.
  • edited November 2010
    I just realised that I actually have the GFW client installed, came in with a game I bought on Steam (Dawn of War 2, I think.).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I realized that about 5 seconds after I bought it, but I'm only out 10 cents, so it doesn't really bother me.
    I already have Windows Live market installed on my computer.
  • I just realised that I actually have the GFW client installed, came in with a game I bought on Steam (Dawn of War 2, I think.).
    Most likely, unless you bought Fallout 3 for the PC via Steam prior to DOW2. Both of them use GFW and unfortunately Fallout 3 initially used it for purchasing the DLC *cringe*
  • Can you uninstall the GFW client after you install AOE3?
  • I already have it also, but that's still definitely the reason they are doing this. And why ten cents and not free? Well a lot of dimes add up, but also it allows them to test the payment system.
  • I already have it also, but that's still definitely the reason they are doing this. And why ten cents and not free? Well a lot of dimes add up, but also it allows them to test the payment system.
    Perhaps also it will get people to store their credit card info within the store, which will allow customers to bypass that mental hurdle of actually opening the wallet for more expensive purchases down the road.
  • Perhaps also it will get people to store their credit card info within the store, which will allow customers to bypass that mental hurdle of actually opening the wallet for more expensive purchases down the road.
    Mine was already in there, because it's the same as your XBox account. Microsoft has done a good job of keeping everything integrated. I bet if I get a Windows Phone it will work for buying apps also, but I'm not about to do that.
  • The Give & Get Sale - November 24th to 29th
    Today's daily deals (abridged)
    Prototype $15 (originally $30) These deals end at 12:00 noon tomorrow, Thursday.
  • Nothing on there appealing to me. Prototype might be worth a play if I wasn't playing AC2.
  • Nothing on there appealing to me. Prototype might be worth a play if I wasn't playing AC2.
    I enjoyed Protoype a lot more than Ass Creed, but that's probably just me.
  • It's kind of a middle ground between Ass and Saints Row 2's awesome sauce.
  • Should I pre-order Super Meat Boy?
  • Should I pre-order Super Meat Boy?
    Yes.
  • Just bought Borderlands & preordered SMB.
  • SMB as an acronym is messing with me. For most of my life, SMB meant "Super Mario Brothers."
  • That's the idea.
  • SMB as an acronym is messing with me. For most of my life, SMB meant "Super Mario Brothers."
    All signs point to the new owner of that acronym being even better than its predecessor.
  • All signs point to the new owner of that acronym being even better than its predecessor.
    It's good, but it's no Mario 3.
  • All signs point to the new owner of that acronym being even better than its predecessor.
    Possibly, but in the long run, what will be the most remembered?
  • I know we've had this discussion before, but I still maintain that Super Mario World is better than Mario 3.
  • edited November 2010
    All signs point to the new owner of that acronym being even better than its predecessor.
    It's good, but it's no Mario 3.
    I didn't say it was better than SMB3, just the original SMB. I'm not sure being better than SMB3 is possible. That game is the business.

I sorta want to buy Shank. Fast Karate had some good things to say about it.
    I know we've had this discussion before, but I still maintain that Super Mario World is better than Mario 3
    I personally agree, but I see why others wouldn't.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I personally agree, but I see why others wouldn't.
    I think they're both superb games. SMB3 is perfect as a raw, precise platformer consisting of discrete and difficult challenges. SMW is perfect as a world-exploring longer form platformer with more complex challenges. Equally good, but different.
  • is it to late get into CS: source or should i just pre order SMB?
  • is it to late get into CS: source
    That game's got a good five years to go absolute minimum.
  • is it to late get into CS: source
    That game's got a good five years to go absolute minimum.
    Whether or not you can actually play CS at any reasonable level is the real question. I've been playing UT2004 for a good 4-5 years, doing pretty well online. I am NOT good at CS. Those people are nutter.