This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I've lost track of what I bought during the sale. I haven't bought that much though...
    Steam e-mails you with purchases. At least, does so in my case. From there it's trivial to add the few numbers.
    Even easier:
    click on [username]'s Account in the top right corner; from there you can go to the store transactions for your purchase history.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah but there is no way I'm going through those emails lest I realize my gluttony.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Even easier:
    click on [username]'s Account in the top right corner; from there you can go to the store transactions for your purchase history.
    That only gives end total cost for whatever was in that cart. Items are also not listed pretty.
  • Purchases in the Steam Summer Sale include, amongst other things: Dark Souls pre-order for €39,99. Get it!
    Even better, move to America and get it for $39.99!

At least it's better than the ripoff of console prices that PC games seem to be getting recently.
  • Man, I'm really considering buying Oblivion since the complete pack is like $6 but I know my pc probably can't run it :/
  • Man, I'm really considering buying Oblivion since the complete pack is like $6 but I know my pc probably can't run it :/
    Do it! I don't have a super crazy gaming machine and I can run it fine on medium settings. Its only $5, totally worth it for a try. /Elder Scrolls fangirl moment

Anyway my coworkers convinced me to get Walking Dead. I also got Portal 2 and Morrowind (I lost our physical copy, silly me). Thats it for my Steam "haul" so far, yay.

Coworkers said since I love Elder Scrolls so much I would really like Fallout 3, what do you gaming experts think of it?
  • They're right, but get New Vegas instead. It blows FO3 out of the water
    Do it! I don't have a super crazy gaming machine and I can run it fine on medium settings. Its only $5, totally worth it for a try. /Elder Scrolls fangirl moment

Anyway my coworkers convinced me to get Walking Dead. I also got Portal 2 and Morrowind (I lost our physical copy, silly me). Thats it for my Steam "haul" so far, yay.

Coworkers said since I love Elder Scrolls so much I would really like Fallout 3, what do you gaming experts think of it?
    It's oblivion with power armour.
  • Fallout 3 has a whole canon and humor that's far different than Oblivion. It's clever, and the environment tells a story as much as (or better than) the NPCs do. I spent hundreds of hours in Fallout 3 including all of the DLC. I couldn't even play Oblivion for more than about 30 hours. They're very different games on the same engine.
  • edited July 2012
    I wouldn't say new vegas is better than FO3 because I played the shit out of FO3 and it's relatively well made. Vegas is like the buggier/more feature laden version of FO3.

Also ARMA II on sale, DayZ time.
  • edited July 2012
    Fallout 3 has a whole canon and humor that's far different than Oblivion. It's clever, and the environment tells a story as much as (or better than) the NPCs do. I spent hundreds of hours in Fallout 3 including all of the DLC. I couldn't even play Oblivion for more than about 30 hours. They're very different games on the same engine.
    She asked gaming experts. You said you don't have a gaming PC, so obviously, dot dot dot.
    Also ARMA II on sale, DayZ time.
    Still too fucking expensive for what you're getting. Its interface is as terrible as DF's.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I don't think it will be any cheaper until the game is dead though and at that point no one will want to play it.
  • Nah, I'll get a bit cheaper eventually. Hell, CS gets dirt cheap once in a while and its still got a hardcore fanbase.
  • Bought Rayman Orgins it's probably one of the best looking 2D platformers I've ever seen. The platform game itself seems rather easy. I haven't gotten very far yet though.
  • edited July 2012
    Is Universe Sandbox any fun entertaining? It looks interesting but I have heard little of it.

Edit: That seems more accurate.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Universe Sandbox is Astrophysics: The Game. Take that as you will. Worth trying out for $2.50, I'd say.
  • I don't think it will be any cheaper until the game is dead though and at that point no one will want to play it.
    DayZ is still in alpha itself. And I don't really have any interest in jumping on the bandwagon.
  • Do I want GalCiv2, or does ES fulfill all my 4X needs?
  • edited July 2012
    Nah, I'll get a bit cheaper eventually. Hell, CS gets dirt cheap once in a while and its still got a hardcore fanbase.
    I don't know too many games that measure up to the popularity of CS though. Also picked up SPAZ, I've heard some good things so we'll see.
    GalCiv2 is damn good and I've seen ES reviews saying "its nearly as good as GalCiv2 with X, Y, Z problems that might be addressed with patches".

Also GalCiv2 is like $5 right now.
  • edited July 2012
    I think I have purchased everything I will get from the Steam sale unless some great deal pops up.

Valve Pack
    Saints Row: The Third
    Universe Sandbox
    Garry's Mod

I already had a some games from the Valve pack, and getting it did not get me any gift copies, but I think it was still cheaper than getting them individually.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I got a lot more than usual this year.

SpaceChem + 63 Corvi mission DLC
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
    Saint's Row: The Third
    Trine 2
    Half-Life 1
    Alan Wake Bundle
    Metro 2033
    Mirror's Edge
    GalCiv2 is damn good and I've seen ES reviews saying "its nearly as good as GalCiv2 with X, Y, Z problems that might be addressed with patches".

Also GalCiv2 is like $5 right now.
    Just bought it. Something tells me this the type of game you can burn through a crackton of hours on.
  • I didn't buy Saint's Row: The Third earlier, but now that they've dropped it to ~$10 for the full franchise pack I'm tempted to buy it.
  • Ugh, I knew I should have waited.
  • Picked up Anno 2070
  • edited July 2012
    I didn't buy Saint's Row: The Third earlier, but now that they've dropped it to ~$10 for the full franchise pack I'm tempted to buy it.
    It was that price before as well. -75%. Now that the sale's over. How did it go?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I didn't buy Saint's Row: The Third earlier, but now that they've dropped it to ~$10 for the full franchise pack I'm tempted to buy it.
    It was that price before as well. -75%. Now that the sale's over. How did it go?
    When the game was at that price the Franchise Pack was still around $24 the last time. Right before the sale ended though they had the game itself around $12 and the Franchise Pack around $13.
  • I bought Saints Row 3 for €7,49, and at a later date the SR3 Season pass with Walking Dead and DLC for other games for €22,81. So yeah, it was already ~€10 before. EU had a good deal from the start on that. The US was ~$16 and no clue about Australia.
  • How did it go?
    Legend of Grimrock and Crusader Kings II. Maybe I could have bought some indie games I don't yet have, but didn't bother to comb over the bundles.