This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Bioshock is only 5€ for the next 9 hours on steam. More than worth it.
    Ditto Just Cause 2. Definitely worth $3.75
    Oh fuck yeah, that game is awesome fun.
  • Ditto Just Cause 2. Definitely worth $3.75
    Oh fuck yeah, that game is awesome fun.
    Just Cause 2 is probably my favorite sandbox-style game ever.

• edited July 2012
    Damnit! I was doing so well with this willpower thing, and then they offer the STALKER expansions and a bundle from the people who made Recettear on the same day. Might as well just go out and get the Total War and Thief pack while I'm at it, since they're two acclaimed series that I have never tried for $15, and Gaben has already made me his bitch (I bought an Aperature Science mug from The Valve Store earlier today).
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Is the new NFS:HP (the third HP) worth it?
  • For five euro? Eh, dunno. I voted for driver san fran, anyway.
  • For five euro? Eh, dunno. I voted for driver san fran, anyway.
    BUT YOU ALREADY OWN THAT.
  • edited July 2012
    For five euro? Eh, dunno. I voted for driver san fran, anyway.
    BUT YOU ALREADY OWN THAT.
    Yeah - I was voting so that others could cheaply own it for great awesomeness.

Post edited by Churba on
  • But it's infested with horrible Ubisoft crap.
  • But it's infested with horrible Ubisoft crap.
    Wurf it.
  • Liar. I will not Wurf it.
  • Wargames is the best RTS on the market FYI
    Does it have the "make a bunch of tanks and point them at each target in succession" problem that a lot of RTS games have? The last RTS I played was probably Supreme Commander, but I really enjoy the idea of them.
  • edited July 2012
    So Bastion was 75% off so I picked it up. It remains that way for another hour and forty minutes for anybody interested.

Now Lone Survivor is the Lone Survivor of my watch list. That and some impulse buys. Be strong wallet, it will soon be over.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • How are the Carpe Fulgur games that aren't Recettear?
  • I was just thinking of asking the same question
  • How are the Carpe Fulgur games that aren't Recettear?
    Chantilles is a Zelda ripoff. Nothing special, but pretty fun. Fortune summoners is a pretty awesome game from what I heard.
  • Fortune summoners is a pretty awesome game from what I heard.
    Its Metacritic score is terrible.
    I played it for like an hour or two. It's a fun concept, and I love the RPG game mechanics w. platformy combat. Trouble is, the controls are *god* awful and hitboxes are annoying as hell. I wouldn't be able to deal with it for more than that - I played Ys: Origin for a while recently, and found it to be very similar but actually done *correctly.*

The only fun part about when I played Fortune Summoners was when I played while Joe Boomer watched, and he voiced all the male dialogue with his over-the-top Arnold impersonation and I did all the female voices with my high-pitched squealy "British" accent (think Dave in this video)

>Metacritic
  • I see that Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition is $9.99 on Steam. Has anyone played this? Is it good? Is it worth getting or should I just wait until Endless Space is cheaper?
  • I broke and bought Recettear. Underpowered items at ludicrous prices, that's my slogan.
  • Watch out for the little brunette girl with pigtails; she only buys things at ludicrously low prices.
  • Something stood out to me today. All the main sale games are -75% but Sins Of A Solar Empire is only -25%. Is that the same in other countries?
  • Something stood out to me today. All the main sale games are -75% but Sins Of A Solar Empire is only -25%. Is that the same in other countries?
    Yeah, they've had a game or two every day that shows up for %25 or %50 instead of %75.

• edited July 2012
    Dragon Age Ultimate for $7.50. I think that is an OK price to pay just to get some Tuesday show material.

Also, I had an idea. They should do a "roll your own indie bundle." Every indie bundle I already have some of the games. Do a thing where you can pick any X number of indie games, and the percentage off keeps increasing as you pick more games. Then I will just check off all the games on the list I don't already have. Then I'll have all the indie games.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Dragon Age Ultimate for $7.50. I think that is an OK price to pay just to get some Tuesday show material.
    I'm not even a huge fan of Dragon Age 1, but it's definitely worth at least that much. Sadly there is no time discounts, no matter the price the game will long and time taking.

• Apreche, the bundles cost €9,99, period. The problem with your suggestion would be that everyone puts the most expensive games in their bundle.
  • I see that Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition is $9.99 on Steam. Has anyone played this? Is it good? Is it worth getting or should I just wait until Endless Space is cheaper?
    It's an okay 4x game. Given all the hype over Endless Space it may be better to go to that than to GalCiv2.

• I think I really missed out on Dragon Age by playing it on console. It's one of very few games that makes me wish I had a gaming PC again. The camera is locked in an arc from 0 degrees to about 40 degrees off the ground on console for some reason, and the pause menu doesn't work the same. It's a great example of a game interface pointlessly dumbed down on console to the game's great detriment.
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dragon Age 1 was pretty damn fun I thought. It was like KOTOR but with a new IP, and I loved KOTOR.

Tht e.y.e. game I have no idea what it is but I kinda want it. We should all just buy a copy and complete the campaign since it appears that you can have 32 PLAYER COOP WTF.