This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Spirits == Lemmings

Field Runners == Tower Defence

• I have a 75% discount coupon on Portal 2 if there is a soul out there that for some god forsaken reason has not purchased it, I can send it your way so you may redeem themselves.
  • I've got one too if anyone else wants one.
  • I tried to give away the 75% Portal 2 coupon. It's not giftable only tradeable. Annoying.
  • Have someone trade you a worthless hat from TF2 for it.
  • You can do empty trades - basically, you hand over whatever, and the other person doesn't put anything in the trade box.
  • Edmund M's game anthology goes on sale on Steam tomorrow/today for $4.

• Does anyone else feel that this should've been on a TV channel just as Saturday Morning Cartoons were ending?
  • edited August 2012
    Edmund M's game anthology goes on sale on Steam tomorrow/today for $4.
    Today only, if you own SMB, Isaac, or Gish on Steam, the Basement Collection is even CHEAPER.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited August 2012
    Edmund M's game anthology goes on sale on Steam tomorrow/today for $4.
    Today only, if you own SMB, Isaac, or Gish on Steam, the Basement Collection is even CHEAPER.
    I'm going to buy 10 of these and gift them.

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. Thought this ish included SMB and Isaac.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Coil's actually pretty cool at setting a mood, and a few of the other games ring bells as being "Creepy but not shitty".
  • Sleepy Dawgs is 30% off on GMG. Think I might pick it up. There is also 25% off if you want Borderlands 2 or something else.
  • I'll buy Sleeping Dogs when it's $5, like I do with every big game.
  • You can't even go to the movies for $5 these days.
  • RymRym
    edited September 2012
    You can't even go to the movies for $5 these days.
    Yeap. But I have enough great games to play. Deus Ex was worth at most $12 to me, and almost all games are eventually $5. Buying it now for more than $5 is silly unless it's truly better than every game I already own and haven't finished.

Also, I very rarely go to the movies except in the case of film festivals or other limited events.

Gaming is a tough business. Each game competes with every other game that's ever existed, as well as every other entertainment option. While I'm fully aware of how much it takes to make a huge game like Deus Ex, as a consumer it's still worth only a very small amount of money comparatively.

Post edited by Rym on
    Hawthorne cinemas and southbank on cheap nights, yo.
  • edited September 2012
    Gaming as a collective term, or specifically video games?
    You can't even go to the movies for $5 these days.
    Hawthorne cinemas and southbank on cheap nights, yo.
    That's cheap even for Australia.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
    Yeap. But I have enough great games to play. Deus Ex was worth at most $12 to me, and almost all games are eventually $5. Buying it now for more than $5 is silly unless it's truly better than every game I already own and haven't finished.

Also, I very rarely go to the movies except in the case of film festivals or other limited events.

Gaming is a tough business. Each game competes with every other game that's ever existed, as well as every other entertainment option. While I'm fully aware of how much it takes to make a huge game like Deus Ex, as a consumer it's still worth only a very small amount of money comparatively.

I still feel like the rules are different for multiplayer, though. You don't want to miss the crowds on a major release.
  • Also on the subject Carcassone on the Xbox is only $5 currently.
  • Hmm, I happen to have a bunch of points built up from random shit. How many others on here would be up for a game?
  • Carcassone iOS > Xbox.
  • Anyone play Toki Tori? I have a free Toki Tori 2 Steam beta key, if anyone is interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201420/
  • Carcassonne iOS is really well done.
  • I'm surprised there hasn't been any other expansions added to it. I wouldn't necessarily play with those rules for the rest, but just for more tile pieces. Base rules with Inns & Cathedrals is as far as I go normally.
  • Mhmm. Also, I really wish the Dominion app didn't haven the worst UI ever created.
  • edited September 2012
    Mhmm. Also, I really wish the Dominion app didn't haven the worst UI ever created.
    Which Dominion app?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Toki tori is a fun game if you like puzzles. How some of those speed achievements are insane.
  • Which Dominion app?
    Whoops, semi-wrong thread. But both the iOS and Android dominion apps are terrible.
  • All of Crysis for under 20 bucks.
  • Which Dominion app?
    Whoops, semi-wrong thread. But both the iOS and Android dominion apps are terrible.
    Like, actual gameplay apps or deck builder apps? Cuz the Goko apps aren't released yet and there was an unofficial app for iOS that has been removed from the app store that just had the base set. For just game tools, Dominion Vault is worth the $0.99.