This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• "Philip's demand in September 1186 that Henry shuld restrain Richard 'from molesting' Count Raymond". This says a lot about Medieval politics.
  • Molesting molesting, or Just bothering unduly molesting?
  • I have that kill a bear today feeling. All work and no play makes Viga a violent fuck!
  • Im not sure it started to get weird at the fall of the Angevin empire.
  • I got to the musical argument thread and end up listen to Grimes a bunch. ...I've been tricked into awesome!
  • I'm willing to bet you put anypony in a room and play Roll With the Changes and they'll be happier.
  • edited April 2012
    I got to the musical argument thread and end up listen to Grimes a bunch. ...I've been tricked into awesome!
    Ha! Excellent! I'm glad I converted someone.

She's so good and so crazy. I'm seeing her at P4K this summer and I can't wait. You should check out her debut; it's themed around Dune. It's called Geidi Primes, and it's a lot less dance-focused than Visions.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Woo! After a week of intense work, we have gotten my guest house into presentable shape. Still have to get it plumbed (but all the materials are purchased) and but a heating/AC unit that runs on 110... but yeah. Guest house!
  • edited April 2012
    I get tired of dealing with other people's messes and not being able to deal with my own. Just because I'm down on my luck doesn't mean you have a right to be angry when I don't do things I am volunteered for (against my will) to do. You do not have the right to assume that my search for a job is less important than me ripping off address labels on 150 (or so, I lost count) magazines just because you're paranoid an identity thief will use it against you. Do I look like a paper shredder to you? It's not my fault that every employer I've gone to has said that they aren't interested in someone who only recently graduated with a degree in graphic design (due to lack of experience resulting from the fact I've not been employed as a designer before). I'm not dawdling and dreaming of running away to another city to dream my life away, I'm trying to look for work in a different market who need graphic designers. For crying out loud, I'm trying to find work, not be a bum. Do you know what its like being unable to find work for a year after you graduate college? Can you blame be for being fucking frustrated!?! For once in your life, stop treating me like a five year old, and let me be an adult!

(Yeah, I'm kind of pissed at my family.)
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • I always get a bit of a start when my internet friends and physical-world friends unexpectedly overlap. I think I've been noticing it more lately now that I'm Facebook friends with some of the FRCF, so I see unexpected mutual friends.
  • I always get a bit of a start when my internet friends and physical-world friends unexpectedly overlap. I think I've been noticing it more lately now that I'm Facebook friends with some of the FRCF, so I see unexpected mutual friends.
    Yeah, Facebook makes all kinds of friend suggestions to me that used to be really weird. I'm used to it now.

• Stuck at a fundraiser at a bar where they only have Miller Lite 0.0 Lots of teachers complaining about their jobs.
  • Condolences.
  • Stuck at a fundraiser at a bar where they only have Miller Lite 0.0 Lots of teachers complaining about their jobs.
    Challenge the teachers to a game of Wisest Wizard.

Challenge the teachers to a game of Wisest Wizard.
    Actually, I broke out some trivia and offered to buy $10 in raffle tickets for anyone who could name the people on US bills from $1 to $100. It was a safe bet. I do support public school teachers, but at the same time they can be fucking stupid. You'd think part of retaining teaching certification would be displaying mastery of first grade material.

Hamilton was the one that got them. A fifth grade teacher refused to believe when I said he was never a president, and acted astonished when I insisted he had instead served as the first secretary of the treasury.
  • My ego has been HUGE lately.

Also thank you Wub for "Wisest Wizard".
  • Also thank you Wub for "Wisest Wizard".
    Please note that being the Wisest Wizard by no means guarantees your decisions while playing will be wise. Quite the opposite, in my (not inconsiderable) experience.
  • Wisest Wizard is one of those games that I've always wanted to "play" but haven't gotten around to...
  • That game should be called "Wizard who shits the most the next day."
  • Wisest Wizard is one of those games that I've always wanted to "play" but haven't gotten around to...
    PAX East next year?

PAX East next year?
    PAX Prime is the home of the tri-wizard. But if it needs to be East, it can be done.
  • edited April 2012
    Chiptune concert on Cinco de Mayo in an actual venue. Color me intrigued.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Kid Icarus has the most fucked up difficulty curve ever.
  • I wish this new Tenacious D album was making me laugh :/
  • I changed my avatar but now I can't change my thumbnail. I go to the editor, select the whole picture, click save, but it won't change. I blame Scott.
  • They look the same to me.
  • What does it look like to you? I see just a white square for the thumbnail, but a squid picture for my avatar.
  • Same here.
  • password: potatopie
  • DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS