This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I've been reading the Inazuma Eleven wiki to get material for lessons and it's odd reading a wiki for a kids show that is written at the writing level of children.

Also, there is a team that is playing football to resurrect Satan.
  • Acquaintance on Facebook: I wonder what pleasure has the best enjoyment/cost ratio
    Person1: Love

Person2: Playing with a puppy

Me: Internet

Acquaintance on Facebook: @Person1 I'm thinking of how Love can cost a lot, but I suppose the enjoyment is worth the cost often times

Acquaintance on Facebook: @Person2 Owning a puppy can cost a lot of money, but if you're just playing with someone else's puppy its cheap

Acquaintance on Facebook: @Schnevets Yeah...
  • Nuri is correct.
    I'd qualify that modern high-end dynamic microphone frequency response is, for the human voice, equivalent to condensers in almost all applications. I could swap one of my dynamic mics into the current show and no one in the world would know the difference.
    I'm sure that's true. I'd expect better performance from high-end equipment. Plus the industry has had quite a few years to develop new technology since I was actively engaged in it.

So I just went back and listened to an old episode. Oh god, they really are bad. Remember how shit they sounded in the car? Maybe I didn't notice at the time because my own podcast was recorded on an iRiver.

• Why do you even ask?
    I don't know. Maybe there's this remnant left deep inside of me that thinks there is a possibility that the US can be awesome again. I will keep trying!

• So I just went back and listened to an old episode. Oh god, they really are bad. Remember how shit they sounded in the car? Maybe I didn't notice at the time because my own podcast was recorded on an iRiver.

Heh.. The ORIGINAL originals were recorded with a single ancient logitech stick microphone plugged into a Soundblaster Live and sitting across the room from us with the gain maxed out.
  • Why do you even ask?
    I don't know. Maybe there's this remnant left deep inside of me that thinks there is a possibility that the US can be awesome again. I will keep trying!
    I advise you give up now and cut your losses.
  • Do they even put high beams on cars in areas where there are no deer?
    High beams are pretty standard form the manufacturer so yes
  • Do they even put high beams on cars in areas where there are no deer?
    High beams are pretty standard form the manufacturer so yes
    No shit. It was a joke. See my post at the top of the page.

• edited May 2012
    I took it seriously to mock the joke.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I was just dumb and tired.
  • Those old episodes were recorded with RADIO SHACK QUARTER-INCH SHIT-MA-PHONES. ;^)
    Oh lawd, that would explain it. I thought you had something a little better than that.

• Why do you even ask?
    I advise you give up now and cut your losses.
    No. I will have hot buttsex with you before that happens.
  • I have a productivity idea. Buy some cigarettes(though preferably not this), nicotine gum, an ecig or something like that. Use it, but only when doing the thing you need to get done. Say you need to study or write on a regular basis. Build up a mental habit of only doing these things together, like many people do with smoking and drinking or with having a cig with their coffee. Basically you'll get addicted to getting your work done. I'm not saying you should ACTUALLY do this but I think its an interesting idea. Though, if you do try it I would recommend something like an electronic cigarette for health reasons.
  • As someone who should know better, this makes me feel bad for using a dodgy $20 Headset mic for FNPL. I really should do something about that.
    Eh. Not like it would make that much of a difference. I mean, we've got you coming over skype. Ain't exactly a dedicated ISDN.
  • As someone who should know better, this makes me feel bad for using a dodgy $20 Headset mic for FNPL. I really should do something about that.
    Eh. Not like it would make that much of a difference. I mean, we've got you coming over skype. Ain't exactly a dedicated ISDN.
    That's the next upgrade I'm going to make after the microphone.

That's thousands of dollars worth of expense there, man.
    That's thousands of dollars worth of expense there, man.
    That was kinda the joke, but It didn't come across well in text, looking back at it.

• Curious, ISDN here only costs a tiny bit more than dial up. Also, telephone line-ins on my router!!1!
  • Yeah, I have a new internet provider and ISDN was a minor upgrade.

• I've been watching a bunch of Michael Moschen videos in the past couple of days... which is strange, because I really have no interest in juggling. I mean, I can keep three balls going in a classic loop for 30 seconds or so, but I'm not a coordinated person. At all.

That said, I wonder whether there is a measurement scale for tactile control/coordination that would be analogous to IQ.
  • edited May 2012
    Curious, ISDN here only costs a tiny bit more than dial up. Also, telephone line-ins on my router!!1!
    Yeah, I have a new internet provider and ISDN was a minor upgrade.
    I think Comcast bundles ISDN trunks into their business packages, and you can get one for as little as $60/month. Which, if you're like me and an internet connection is the only connection you need, really isn't that bad. I'd assume Verizon can do something similar for its FiOS customers.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited May 2012
    I don't know if that's quite the same thing, But I'll go with that. I've got a cable rather than ISDN connection, anyway.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I really like today's Woot Shirt design, but I'd rather have it as a poster than a T-shirt.
  • That said, I wonder whether there is a measurement scale for tactile control/coordination that would be analogous to IQ.
    In juggling we call that measurement scale "how many hours spent practicing".
  • I really like today's Woot Shirt design, but I'd rather have it as a poster than a T-shirt.
    Look up the artist's name on Redbubble.
    That's my reaction to most of those sorts of things.
  • Saw Churba commenting on BoingBoing on a video of a crazy lady who thinks the law doesn't apply to her.
  • Saw Churba commenting on BoingBoing on a video of a crazy lady who thinks the law doesn't apply to her.
    What can I say? I'm not only present in your hearts, I do venture around the internet, too.
    What can I say? I'm not only present in your hearts, I do venture around the internet, too.
    Churba, I dare you to read the comments in this post and not get your jimmies rustled. I double dare you.