This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Oh sweet fucking jesus, we found real-life CHRIStFUCK.

THESE PEOPLE PLAY THIS FOR REAL. PEOPLE PAY TO SEE IT.

I'm starting to think we might have bitten off more than we can chew...
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Am I missing an inside joke here? It sounds to me like decent but generic black metal with sub-par vocals.

• Not according to my web browser.
  • edited October 2012
    was
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2012
    I can't be arsed finding the PAX thread, so I'll put it here - PAX Australia confirmed for Melbourne in July, tickets on sale RIGHT NOW. Single day is $45, three day pass is $115.

Also, don't know if I'll be going, in that case - I don't have the disposable income for a 3 day pass for at least a week or two, and everything will be sold out by then. Not to mention the fact that being a big white dude from Queensland without even the redeeming quality of a university degree, I'm about as welcome in Melbourne as a black man at a Klan rally. Though if I can get tickets, I'll be going regardless of that unpleasantness. But of all the fucking luck of timing for putting up tickets, what a bloody pain in the arse.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2012
    Ah.
    Basically we used to have our own FRCF version of Twitter. It was fun. I kind of miss it. Though everyone is on Twitter these days so it probably isn't necessary.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow. Looks like that was a year or so before I joined. Interesting.
  • Ah.
    Basically we used to have our own FRCF version of Twitter. It was fun. I kind of miss it. Though everyone is on Twitter these days so it probably isn't necessary.
    I miss that since I was one of the few who frequently used it.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Am I missing an inside joke here? It sounds to me like decent but generic black metal with sub-par vocals.

They just happen to sound rather similar to my deliberately terrible parody of black metal, except they do it for real.

They just happen to sound rather similar to my deliberately terrible parody of black metal, except they do it for real.
    Or are they?
  • I dunno, the speed with which they're playing implies some actual skill and artistic intention involved. The CHRIStFUCK stuff doesn't. The average listener may or may not be able to pick up on that, though.
  • I dunno, the speed with which they're playing implies some actual skill and artistic intention involved. The CHRIStFUCK stuff doesn't. The average listener may or may not be able to pick up on that, though.
    I don't deny that, considering our mission statement is to be terrible by every conceivable metric. Though the guy I work with on CHRIStFUCK who does the actual music (I do lyrics, concepts and art) actually makes good industrial when he isn't making shitty music.
  • edited October 2012
    Oh shit! Machinae Supremacy's latest album is out!!! (has been since the 19th)
    Post edited by Pegu on
    I don't deny that, considering our mission statement is to be terrible by every conceivable metric. Though the guy I work with on CHRIStFUCK who does the actual music (I do lyrics, concepts and art) actually makes good industrial when he isn't making shitty music.
    > CHRIStFUCK
    > actual music
    lol
  • I owe Micheal Jackson so much. Without him, I may have stopped before I got enough.
  • I think I have a solid long(ish)-term life goal:

By the time both of my younger siblings are moved out of my parents' house in Yonkers (6-7 years, probably), I will be working/living in a location close enough that I can visit home regularly. I've sort of had the vague mental goal to end up working in NYC, but I just came up with the real motivation.

This is, of course, assuming my parents don't immediately decide to sell the home and go on a crazy worldwide journey the moment their kids are all out of the house. Probably unlikely.
  • Interrupting bull.
  • Oh shit! Machinae Supremacy's latest album is out!!! (has been since the 19th)
    Why have I missed this? Gotta get it so I can prepare for the next months gig.
  • For those of you that want an android watch thing, they're like $15 on dailysteals right now. http://www.dailysteals.com/
  • If discounted so much
    [gif]
    probably sucks.
  • For $10 it's almost worth it to find out, except that I'd rather just wear an actual watch. I don't listen to media on my phone often enough to care about this, although a caller ID feature might be worthwhile... hm...
  • SONY, boycott.
  • Oh it's SONY. That's enough in the con column for me.
  • My strategy for quitting smoking:

• Today is Grumpy Wednesday for me.
  • WUB, you can't graph 10-24 until the whole day is over. Good start though.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm dressing up in a costume too. DOWN WITH BIG GOVERNMENT, DOWN WITH SPENDOCRATS, THE ONLY MORAL WELFARE IS MY WELFARE

ALSO SOMETHING ABOUT REGULATIONS

AND MY OPINIONS ON TECHNOLOGY ARE BASICALLY THE BEST
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • ^Best account Nine has made yet.