This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Ubisoft's Uplay is a trash platform.

Just finished a 19gb download, don't worry the program will automatically delete the installation files for you rather than letting you save them or making some kind of backup.

P.S. The figure 19gb might not sound much to you guys but on regular DSL internet that is almost a day and a half of downloading. This is even more exacerbating when you download 9gb, close the program and then when you reopen it, realise that the program has deleted the first half of the download because you closed Uplay.
  • Doesn't steam do that too?
  • MATATAT said:

Doesn't steam do that too?

No because Steam has specific actions to backup games and resume downloads or replace files that are missing.

• I attract packs of wild nerds like a Disney Princess attracts animals.
  • sK0pe said:

MATATAT said:

No because Steam has specific actions to backup games and resume downloads or replace files that are missing.

I was pretty sure that it redownloads files if they are missing. If Uplay doesn't support resuming downloads that's a little surprising though.
  • There are a lot of Mami's at this Madoka 3 screening.
  • The plot was fanfiction tier. A++ would watch again.
  • GreyHuge said:

The plot was fanfiction tier. A++ would watch again.

Yeah it was nuts and awesome.
  • I don't follow soccer, but from the news it appears that both Australia and the U.S. are in the "Group of Death"... despite being in different groups.
  • I am being sued in small claims court and the docket says "contract - home improvements". Since the person suing me is not a licensed contractor and the total is in the thousands what happens when I tell the court that the person is not licensed?
  • Did you know they were not licensed at the time you agreed on the home improvements? If you did know it may have little effect on the proceedings.
  • MATATAT said:

sK0pe said:

MATATAT said:

I was pretty sure that it redownloads files if they are missing. If Uplay doesn't support resuming downloads that's a little surprising though.
    Well I don't know where my initial 9.4gb went. I could obviously pause and resume if I kept Uplay open but not when I closed it down.
  • canine224 said:

Did you know they were not licensed at the time you agreed on the home improvements? If you did know it may have little effect on the proceedings.

There was never any contract. Someone is claiming that there was a contract to get money out of me.

I checked into the state law and there are serious fines for unlicensed contractors doing work.
  • edited December 2013
    Oh, that is shitty that they are doing that with no agreement at all. Hopefully regulations on licensed contractors are not as nuanced as they can be here in Georgia so it works out quickly. Also, if you are going to keep looking into the rules see if your county and/or city has specific regulations as well since they can sometimes be more strict.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • gamedevelopment.jpg

• I really shouldn't read about Black Eyed Children during my shift.
  • It's funny how those things can be written in such a way that you will totally buy it while reading it, and for some considerable time afterwards.

It's all bullshit, though.
  • I'd never heard of this before, so I googled it. The first result is a story where the narrator says something like "Now, being an atheist and a skeptic, I never believed in things like this..."

It's like "Dear Penthouse..." but for atheists. :D
  • Except these supernatural things don't tend to have anything to do with organized religion.
  • edited December 2013
    Dave said:

I'd never heard of this before, so I googled it. The first result is a story where the narrator says something like "Now, being an atheist and a skeptic, I never believed in things like this..."

It's like "Dear Penthouse..." but for atheists. :D

Well thanks, Dave, now I'm imagining teenage atheists writing implausible stories to Richard Dawkins about how they got it on with twin ghosts.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I would read that story.
  • "Twins, they were..."
  • "Twins, they were..."

No.
  • I only vaguely know where that's from (it's something 4channy?) so I now presume it to be incredible fucked up, and I apologize.
  • Since some places (Hallmark) are changing 'gay' to 'fun' can we start calling gay people "fun-o-sexuals"? When we make ironic gay jokes should we change gay to fun? Should we change the Rym and Scott gay thread to a thread about how they are fun?

As a side note Xbox live will not let you set your hometown to Milford CT even if you live there. My guess is that 'milf' is a banned series of letters.
  • Florida's gonna have Festius pole made out of beer cans next to the nativity scene in Tallahassee.
  • Ruffas said:

Florida's gonna have Festius pole made out of beer cans next to the nativity scene in Tallahassee.

I DEMAND representation of ChristmaHaunaKwanzika.
  • edited December 2013
    Anthony: "Why would you want a degree in music?"
    Me: "So I can learn more about it."
    Anthony: "But you already read that Bruce Springsteen book."

Anthony gets me.

EDIT: other Anthony. Not the Anthony that posts on here. Realized that confusion immediately after I posted.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • I was pretty surprised there aren't any steam machines on ebay.
  • Looks like my time with AT&T is coming to an end. Mothership is selling off their CT wireline business...