This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

State-tans

Comments

• Well I found Georgia-tan amusing.
  • Well I found Georgia-tan amusing.
    She's great, she could use a Mr. Georgia to hang out with though.

• Dear lord, I can only imagine how hot it is where you live. Boots would have been just as good. I was torn between flops, boots, crocks (ugh), and "grocery store feet."

What are, "grocery store feet"?
  • edited August 2011

Dear lord, I can only imagine how hot it is where you live. Boots would have been just as good. I was torn between flops, boots, crocks (ugh), and "grocery store feet."
    What are, "grocery store feet"?
    Nearly as disgusting as crocs if he means what I think he does (all dirty and flat and stuff).
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Nearly as disgusting as crocs if he means what I think he does (all dirty and flat and stuff).
    Yes, Ruffas is exactly right. People that go barefoot all of the time until the bottom of their feet are hard and black (ugh). Britney Spears would probably be the most famous example. And I will be glad to make a Mr.Georgia (that will be a challenge). I drew female Louisiana-tan last night, and I will probably finish coloring it later tonight. George: Thanks! I have to admit I'm a little hesitant to draw the Alabama-tan I had in my head now.
  • George: Thanks! I have to admit I'm a little hesitant to draw the Alabama-tan I had in my head now.
    See, I've actually been in rural Georgia where my parents live now and I really think you characterized it pretty well.
  • Hah, people got out of control on nitpicking Georgia. That's what happens when there are so few, I guess. Great work - obviously you can't summarize a state in one pic, even with stereotypes, and you did a good job of selecting a subset.
  • Hah, people got out of control on nitpicking Georgia. That's what happens when there are so few, I guess. Great work - obviously you can't summarize a state in one pic, even with stereotypes, and you did a good job of selecting a subset.
    Thanks Gergor! I'll have another one done in a bit here.
  • Very nice, she turned out great, though she needs a crawfish or boudin tattoo.
  • edited August 2011
    Very nice, she turned out great, though she needs a crawfish or boudin tattoo.
    My girlfriend wanted me to put her in a foam crawdad suit. I was like "nooo way."
    Post edited by maddmaxx on
  • She does need some mudbugs somewhere. It's not LA without mudbugs.
  • edited August 2011
    I was like "nooo way."
    Listen to your girlfriend. You're making USA state-tans. Note the USA part. Note how supermodels are from Europe, not the USA.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited August 2011
    I was like "nooo way."
    Listen to your girlfriend. You're making USA state-tans. Note the USA part. Note how supermodels are from Europe, not the USA.
    Last I checked, Brazil isn't in Europe.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Last I checked, Brazil isn't in Europe.
    There's no brazillian supermodels.
  • edited August 2011
    Last I checked, Brazil isn't in Europe.
    There's no brazillian supermodels.
    Hilarious! In any case, a fair number of supermodels come from the USA as well, which is unsurprising given that it has around one third of the population of all of Europe.
  • Hilarious! In any case, a fair number of supermodels come from the USA as well, which is unsurprising given that it has around one third of the population of all of Europe.
    There's no US supermodels either.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd be interested to know exactly what definition of the word "supermodel" you're working with.
  • I'd be interested to know exactly what definition of the word "supermodel" you're working with.
    "Whichever one makes me right".
  • I'd be interested to know exactly what definition of the word "supermodel" you're working with.
    Top earning Dutch model of course. Is there another definition? Are you >implying that being Dutch is not quintessential to being awesome? Are you saying supermodels are not awesome? If yes to either, go fuck that hat-thief tree in that desert you call home.
    Top earning Dutch model of course. Is there another definition? Are you >implying that being Dutch is not quintessential to being awesome? Are you saying supermodels are not awesome? If yes to either, go fuck that hat-thief tree in that desert you call home.
    Could we interrupt this Dutch ego-trip for a moment and discuss this "hat-thief tree"? That sounds like a much more pressing issue.
  • Could we interrupt this Dutch ego-trip for a moment and discuss this "hat-thief tree"? That sounds like a much more pressing issue.
    There's tree that steals hats?! I'm stayin' the fuck away from that tree thankyouverymuch.
  • edited August 2011
    There's tree that steals hats?! I'm stayin' the fuck away from that tree thankyouverymuch.
    We call it the Valve Tree.

No, seriously, they exist. They're not deadly or anything, they just have branches that have a bunch of little burr-like hooks on their branches, which tend to droop roughly around head height. You tend to find them in the Queensland rainforests, I learned about them on a trip once. They're not terribly interesting, apart from how you occasionally come across one with a bucket-hat still waving on it's branches.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • There's tree that steals hats?! I'm stayin' the fuck away from that tree thankyouverymuch.
    We call it the Valve Tree.

No, seriously, they exist. They're not deadly or anything, they just have branches that have a bunch of little burr-like hooks on their branches, which tend to droop roughly around head height. You tend to find them in the Queensland rainforests, I learned about them on a trip once. They're not terribly interesting, apart from how you occasionally come across one with a bucket-hat still waving on it's branches.
    They're not nearly as dangerous as the drop-bears, eh?
  • This goes on the list of reasons why I wont go to Australia. If its not bears falling from a tree, its trees stealing hats, if its not trees stealing hards its some giant rabbit that you can ride like a horse.
  • Could we interrupt this Dutch ego-trip for a moment and discuss this "hat-thief tree"? That sounds like a much more pressing issue.
    But, but... ... my dick is more important you disrespectful swine! >:C
  • <3 you, Nineless.
  • This goes on the list of reasons why I wont go to Australia. If its not bears falling from a tree, its trees stealing hats, if its not trees stealing hards its some giant rabbit that you can ride like a horse.
    Giant rabbits? Nah, never had those. But the ancestor of the kangaroo was even bigger - about seven feet tall - and weighed about 500 pounds.

Also, I can't really see how the hat thief tree - I really wish I could remember it's proper name - is really that troublesome, you just have to stop and grab your hat. You gotta watch out from drop-bears, though, but usually dabbing a little Vegemite on and putting those stick-on googly eyes on top of your hat will keep them off - they hate the smell of Vegemite, something to do with the yeast and salt, I think - and generally don't attack if they think you're watching them.
  • Whats this all about?
    Yeah, fuck Holland. North Brabant is pretty cool though, what with 's-Hertogenbosch and all. Utrecht, now that's an awesome place. Friesland is shit though.