This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• My choice:
    G. 3D theatrical prequel
  • edited January 2011
    Why sequel over the others, and please provide cast!
    Post edited by TorontoKev on
  • Why sequel over the others, and please provide cast!
    Done and done....
  • I like it, I like it a lot.

Should Luca be older than Tucci? Trying to recall from the book, was he supposed to have a very long history with the Don?

All in all a fine list. When I try to think in my mind as to who should play what, I think of a lot of guys who would pull off the soul of the character, but lack the requisite ethnicity. If the Godfather became a play that was preformed like Shakespeare you could see it in different settings, times, genders and ethnicity, and it would be most interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing it re-imagined as a Samurai or Medieval film? I'm not of the mind as many are that a re-make of a classic ruins the original.

Roll on "The Godfather" category!
  • I'm going to be in Costa Rica tomorrow, and all I can think about is bananas as currency. Damn you, ATW9k!
  • I think the rate is something like three bananas equals one pineapple equals 4,179 pesos. But it depends on whether they're Chiquita bananas or Dole bananas and I'm sure El Nino plays into it somehow too.
  • Why sequel over the others, and please provide cast!
    Done and done....
    There's a little problem with this list, and that's the fact that they are all reletivly well known. In the origenal, FFC went the Orson Welles method of hiring only a couple well established film actors and used local stage actors for the rest which allowed the audience to more fully identify the characters rather than simply identifying the actors. The only really well known actor they had was Marlon Brando, and he was considered to be a little over the hill.
  • By the way, Jason, BET does not stand for Black Entertainment Television. It stands for Black EVIL Television. It's a TV station that is actively trying to destroy African Americans.
  • Not sure how to respond to that....
    It's true. Huey Freeman told me so, and that 10 year old really knows his shit.
    It's true. Huey Freeman told me so, and that 10 year old really knows his shit.
    OK, I understand this now.
  • There's a little problem with this list, and that's the fact that they are all reletivly well known. In the origenal, FFC went the Orson Welles method of hiring only a couple well established film actors and used local stage actors for the rest which allowed the audience to more fully identify the characters rather than simply identifying the actors. The onlyreallywell known actor they had was Marlon Brando, and he was considered to be a little over the hill.
    Yeah I'm with you there. The reason Sopranos worked so well for me at the time was that I hadn't seen them in anything else. OK it turned out I had upon rewatching stuff, but never noticed them.

Of course, NOW when I see them, all I see are gangsters. I want to say "Look out Bruce Springsteen!! That's Sil playing guitar in your band!!"
  • I think the rate is something like three bananas equals one pineapple equals 4,179 pesos. But it depends on whether they're Chiquita bananas or Dole bananas and I'm sure El Nino plays into it somehow too.
    So, I took a trip out today in Costa Rica to see some wildlife, and returned via a banana plantation and packing facility. My taxi driver's accent was just like Omar's.
  • and returned via a banana plantation and packing facility.
  • Hope you had a good time Luke, I'm guessing you were in Limon on a cruise stop?
  • Hope you had a good time Luke, I'm guessing you were in Limon on a cruise stop?
    Yup! Not the most exciting place in the country, I'm sure. Tomorrow I'll be sailing through the Panama canal for the first time.
  • Our guest contestant Karen returns to talk soft drinks, vampires, Star Wars, Disney, cartoon sidekicks, and monsters in this week's ATW9K.
  • Our guest contestant Karen returns to talk soft drinks, vampires, Star Wars, Disney, cartoon sidekicks, and monsters inthis week's ATW9K.
    OH DEAR GOD. Don't listen to this, Ryan. -_______-

/gomen /goes to corner of shame and sorrow
  • I'm from Florida and we mostly refer to soda as coke.
  • Our guest contestant Karen returns to talk soft drinks, vampires, Star Wars, Disney, cartoon sidekicks, and monsters inthis week's ATW9K.
    OH DEAR GOD. Don't listen to this, Ryan. -_______-

/gomen /goes to corner of shame and sorrow
    I knew more answers to the Disney questions than Ro. The Pinnochio and Dumbo questions were no-brainers.
  • I'm from Florida and we're wrong.
  • I knew more answers to the Disney questions than Ro. The Pinnochio and Dumbo questions were no-brainers.
    Yeah, those weren't very memorable movies for me. I don't care for Pinnochio. Dumbo is good, but brain farts left and right.
  • I'm from Florida and we're wrong.
  • My favorite term is the British "fizzy drinks."
  • Jason, the next time I come on the show, can you make a Disney category for me? Please? Pixar will also suffice!
  • Jason, the next time I come on the show, can you make a Disney category for me? Please? Pixar will also suffice!
    The bidding shall start at $5. Do I hear $5?
    The bidding shall start at $5. Do I hear $5?
    Hey, I gave you some Listener Questions! Shouldn't that get me somewhere?
  • RAGE. RAGE. RAGE. RAGE. RAGE. JUST LISTENED TO THE DISNEY SECTION. RAGE. RAGE.
  • I just think we need better questions. ^___~