This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Eh. I made a short list on purpose. There are a lot of people to choose from.
  • There will be a live recording of Remastered tonight at 7 p.m. EST at simplysyndicated.com. Drop by and listen to us talk about cartoons.
  • Tonight's live Remastered has to be canceled, I'm afraid, due to extreme puking at my house. Apologies, all.
  • Hey are there problems at the moment with the podcast at this time cos i get and error message when i go to update it in iTunes ???
  • Yes. I believe Jason told me we are changing some hosting things with the Libsyn account. We'll try to update as soon as possible.
  • Rich and I are about to start recording Remastered over at simplysyndicated.com if you want to join the chat room.
  • No love for Oscar Wilde?
    Pretty sure he was Irish.

• Answer to Great Britons:

1. Winston Churchill
    2. William Shakespeare
    3. Diana, Princess of Wales, Spencer
    4. Isambard Kingdom Brunel
    5. Charles Darwin
    6. Sir Isaac Newton
    7. Queen Elizabeth I
    8. Jane Austen
    9. Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson
    10. Oliver Cromwell
    11. Stephen Hawking
    12. Guy Fawkes
    13. Margaret Thatcher
    14. Charles Dickens
    15. King Henry VIII
    16. Thomas Paine
    17. Florence Nightingale
    18. Captain James Cook
    19. Alan Turing
    20. Alexander Graham Bell

Photo Friday -- Show Me The Money

Photo Friday -- Show Me The Money!

Name that currency and the country it's from. I've provided both bills and coins for the currency. For #17-#20, they are fictional currencies. Name the currency and where they are from as well.

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 03/01/2012, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.
  • Why did you include the Sacajawea coin? That shit is worthless.
  • 1 - Ugly shitty money
    2-20 - Awesome money.
  • I wanted to include both coins and notes. I could have used a quarter, but I felt like using the Sacajawea. Plus I'd gladly take all the Sacajaweas and deposit it.
  • I like using them for vending machines :D
  • I will say there were a pain to deal with when I worked at a bank, but in all honesty the US is so behind in adapting like other countries when it comes to getting rid of the $1 notes and using coins.

I really like the currencies of 17-20. They are the best.
  • I'd rather be paid in Psychodrivers. At least they're worth something.
  • I once needed to buy a 2$ train ticket, but only had a 20. No one would give me change. When I bought my ticket, it gave me 18 Sacajaweas. I felt like I had won at a slot machine.
  • I will say there were a pain to deal with when I worked at a bank, but in all honesty the US is so behind in adapting like other countries when it comes to getting rid of the $1 notes and using coins.

I really like the currencies of 17-20. They are the best.
    18 is the best.
  • edited February 2012
    18 is the best.
    Omar agrees with you. 20 is my favorite for obvious reasons.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • 18 is the best.
    Omar agrees with you. 20 is my favorite for obvious reasons.
    Not obvious to me. Obviously it's fantasy. Harry Pooper? Game of Thrones?
  • Harry Pooper?
    (◕︵◕)
  • 18 was my favorite as well. I tried helping Ro find pictures of more fictional currencies for funsies. That shit is almost non-existent. There's lots of talk in sci-fi and fantasy about currency, but almost no images.
  • edited February 2012
    Imperial credits, courtesy of the Star Wars Monopoly Collector's Edition, circa 1996. I highly doubt they are canon, but hey, a man can try to contribute to the convo:

Post edited by Matt on
  • Should do this using board game money and you have to identify the game.
  • Should do this using board game money and you have to identify the game.
    I did a board game one as one of before we knew there as a Photo Friday thing. Close of of certain tiles or game pieces would be good too for more German board games.
  • How about guess the famous person/character just from a single body part like eyeball or nose?
  • How about guess the famous person/character just from a single body part like eyeball or nose?
    I have one planned for the future that is somewhat similar to that.
  • If you're curious, Remastered will record at http://www.simplysyndicated.com/radio/ in a few minutes (7 p.m. EST).
  • edited March 2012
    To answer Omar's question from the latest episode: The New York Americans were a hockey team, but their demise is in fact what started the Original Six era as the league shrank from 10 teams in 1930 to 6 teams by the end of 1942, with the Americans being the last to die after the Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Pirates and Montreal Maroons.

Oh, and the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Cup since 1967.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Oh, and the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Cup since 1967.
    Still better than being a Cubs Fan.

• edited March 2012
    Still better than being a Cubs Fan.
    The Leafs may also earn the dubious distinction of being the only team that hasn't made it into the playoffs since the Lockout this season, provided that the Florida Panthers do.

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited March 2012
    Oh, and the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Cup since 1967.
    Still not as good as being a Cubs Fan.

Post edited by Greg on