This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Answers to DOSsome Games:

1. Star Control*
    2. Sim City
    3. XCom UFO Defense
    4. Ultima Underworld
    5. Comand and Conquer
    6. X Wing
    7. Day of the Tentacle *
    8. Doom
    9. Dark Forces
    10. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    11. Warcraft Orcs and Humans
    12. Dune 2 *
    13. Grand Theft Auto
    14. Commander Keen
    15. Wolfenstein 3D
    16. Worms
    17. Wing Commander *
    18. Another World/Out of This World
    19. Lemmings
    20. Prince of Persia
    21. Blood
    22. Scorched Earth
    23. Sid Meier's Civilization
    24. Duke Nukem I

Photo Friday -- March Madness Mascots

Photo Friday -- March Madness Mascots

March is almost over and the NCAA March Madness is at the Sweet Sixteen.

For each image provide the name of the school and mascot. Be careful! I've added some tricky ones.

Bonus: Provide at least 5 names given to the mascots.

Send your answers along with name and where you're from to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadlines is next Thursday, 04/29/2012, at 12AM PDT. Winner will be randomly selected and given a shout out on our next recording. Best of luck!
  • I know some of the schools, but none of the names of the actual mascots.
  • Ro, you left out the best mascot. I am dissapoint.
  • edited March 2012
    Ro, you left out the best mascot. I am dissapoint.
    Dear, if they made it to March Madness, I totally would have.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The women did! They are in the Sweet 16! :-P
  • RIT Women's Hockey won it all!
  • edited March 2012
    The women did! They are in the Sweet 16! :-P
    Yeah, I really didn't look at the women's bracket. ^^;;

And Scott, March Madness does not apply to ice puck stick, but good for them. I already knew this from seeing trogdor post it on the FBs.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2012
    Prior to ATW9K last evening, Ro said, "What the fuck is a buckeye?" It was funny.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • LISTENERS: I want your help! As stated on this week's episode, I want you to email 1-5 questions about the original Star Wars trilogy to reporterjason@gmail.com, and I would need them in the next 48 hours!

Don't be shy. Also, if your question(s) are/is used, you get a credit on the show. Just ask Ryan. He sent me the awesome question this week about Jurassic Park dinosaurs.
  • Star Wars trivia???? PUT ME IN COACH. There has been a distinct lack of guests as of late!

My SW knowledge is aged like a fine wine. I read a good 20 expanded universe books in the late '90s and played a ton of Star Wars CCG, filling me with useless knowledge and names of characters that had 2 frames of screen time. I have gone nearly cold turkey though and would love to see how much my mind has retained.
  • Name this smuggler.
  • I believe it is bo shek. No googling
  • edited March 2012
    I'm getting lots of questions submitted, but very few so far from mah forum buddies. I am keeping five slots open for you.

And by "you," I mean YOU. Send me some Star Wars original trilogy questions for the podcast to reporterjason@gmail.com or atw9k@simplysyndicated.com, along with your meatspace name. I need them tonight or tomorrow.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I'm getting lots of questions submitted, but very few so far from mah forum buddies. I am keeping five slots open for you.

And by "you," I mean YOU. Send me some Star Wars original trilogy questions for the podcast to reporterjason@gmail.com or atw9k@simplysyndicated.com, along with your meatspace name. I need them tonight or tomorrow.
    Sorry Jason. I thought about coming up with some questions and realized that I have nothing I could ask about Star Wars. I could have gone to wikipedia and imdb just to find some questions, but what's the point then. I believe that some part of the question, even if it's just a vague idea should come from within.

• You're right. I don't write questions without some kernel of personal connection.
  • Aw man, Jason, I was hoping you were going to use the entire Jurassic Park is Totally Awesome (but Almost Completely Factually Inaccurate) category.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm just going to put this out here where we can all see it.

I really, really dislike the new opener. It hurts me deep inside. It turned me off the show so violently I haven't even listened to the latest episode yet, and I like this show so much I listen to it the moment it pops into my feed instead of waiting to get on the bus.

Just throwing it out there.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • My Flickchart. Work in progress.

http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?title=178B677F5E&user=Apreche
    I am loving the poster art they choose to display next to movies on this site.

• I'm just going to put this out here where we can all see it.

I really, really dislike the new opener. It hurts me deep inside. It turned me off the show so violently I haven't even listened to the latest episode yet, and I like this show so much I listen to it the moment it pops into my feed instead of waiting to get on the bus.

Just throwing it out there.
    Sorry to see you go. Buh-bye.
  • My Flickchart. Work in progress.

http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?title=178B677F5E&user=Apreche
    I am loving the poster art they choose to display next to movies on this site.

Yeah, they seem to get as many posters as they can from every country for each movie. I think it helps you judge the movie instead of the poster. Also, I really want prints of some of them.
  • Some of the posters are just fanmade. Example.
  • edited March 2012
    Here is my Flickchart.
    http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?user=reporterjason

After glancing at Scott's, I wish The Matrix were higher on my list. This is something that I worked hard to suppress while ranking; I have to wonder how much bias plays into the system.

Also, it's slightly irksome that in 1,600 ranks, The Godfather has only popped up like three times while Transformers II has shown up like 43 times.

@Matt: We were going to talk about the poster art on the show, but we totally forgot.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited March 2012
    Here is my Flickchart.
    http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?user=reporterjason

After glancing at Scott's, I wish The Matrix were higher on my list. This is something that I worked hard to suppress while ranking; I have to wonder how much bias plays into the system.

Also, it's slightly irksome that in 1,600 ranks, The Godfather has only popped up like three times while Transformers II has shown up like 43 times.

@Matt: We were going to talk about the poster art on the show, but we totally forgot.
    I ranked a whole bunch. Then I forcefully ranked a bunch of movies that I felt were out of place because they did not show up enough times, or showed up too many times. I also had to forcefully rank a bunch of movies that never showed up at all.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I tried to avoid searching for specific movies to rank so that there would be no self-selected bias. I wanted to see how well the system would work vanilla. Looking at my top 20, it's not bad. It's just not perfect. And it breaks down more and more the further down the rankings you go.
  • edited March 2012
    I tried to avoid searching for specific movies to rank so that there would be no self-selected bias. I wanted to see how well the system would work vanilla. Looking at my top 20, it's not bad. It's just not perfect. And it breaks down more and more the further down the rankings you go.
    A lot of movies that I really like are foreign and obscure, so they would never show up if I didn't force it. And there are still some that weren't even in the database at all, like Bayside Shakedown. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210199/
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • FYI, Big Trouble In Little China never showed up.
  • I am going to have to watch this Bayside Shakedown. They had Bayside Shakedown III playing on my flight back home from Japan last year and it looked awesome.
  • I am going to have to watch this Bayside Shakedown. They had Bayside Shakedown III playing on my flight back home from Japan last year and it looked awesome.
    Here is the correct viewing order for maximum awesome:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Odoru_Daisousasen#Timeline

Don't worry. It's OK to watch the first movie without seeing anything else. That's the first thing I ever saw. I still have yet to see some of the OAVs and specials because I can't find subs.

• Because sharing these things seems to be a thing we do now, here's mine. http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?user=Apsup
    Finally watched The Shawshank Redemption because that sites list of shame. Also it seems that I will be finally watching Godfather this weekend, has been on my computer for ages, but never got around watching it.