This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Years Resolutions for 2011

edited December 2010 in Everything Else
1. Use the Wii Fit for an hour three times a week.
2. Put aside some of my scruples and take advantage of stupid people so I can make enough money to move out. Possibly through the sale of homeopathy and/or religious symbols.

I'm actually resolving to be more evil this year. V_V Yay me.

Comments

• 1280 x 1024
  • edited December 2010
    For reals though, I guess I'd like to eat healthier and spend more time reading.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 1)Write the rest of my New Years Resolutions as a rap.
  • GPA of 6/7, it is almost like I am setting myself up to fail from my current one of 5.2/7.
  • Do more art.
    This'll be a bit mandatory since I'm taking an art class, but nevermind that. Also wanna learn yarncrafting in preparation for a Christmas present.
  • edited December 2010
    Be more awesome if that is possible.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Get to the gym more often than I have since Thanksgiving.
    Yea I have this one too, Since I've been slacking this last month and eating lots of cheesecake.. CHEESECAKE!!!
  • Get a job at the salt and lava factory.
  • Get in better shape by 1)exercising for an hour 3 times a week and 2) eating better/controlling portion size.
  • ~Go to more conventions other than PAX. I've been wanting to go to Sakura Con and Comicon again.
    ~Be healthier.
    ~Knit and cross-stitch more for certain projects I've been thinking about.
  • Not make so many plans and goals.
    This one.

Also, talk to a doctor about the possibility of an appetite suppressant. I've come to realize that I'm always hungry, even after finishing a meal. When I weighed less, I felt better energy-wise and confidence-wise, but my appetite was even more relentless than it is now. I hated it, which is probably why I eventually broke my diet and put the weight back on.
  • -Find a place to live in NYC so I don't have to commute 2+ hours to work each way.
  • Also, talk to a doctor about the possibility of an appetite suppressant. I've come to realize that I'malwayshungry, even after finishing a meal.
    I am exactly the same way. Perhaps I should do this as well, though I despise going to the doctor.
  • edited December 2010
    I am exactly the same way. Perhaps I should do this as well, though I despise going to the doctor.
    Yeah, I've always wondered how other people deal with it. I asked my sister - she does Weight Watchers - and she told me what I didn't want to hear: that she's also always hungry, and she's just miserable on her diet. That's exactly how I was when I was exercising regularly and eating a very well-controlled diet.

I'm really starting to think that it's an actual thing, and not just a lack of self-control or discipline. I do have some self-control problems in other arenas, but generally, I'm the kind of person who sticks to something.

I'm thinking I may try restarting my exercise routine without really going nuts on the diet. I already eat a high-protein, lower-fat, high-fiber diet; I think I might just throw in the gym on top of that and see what happens. I did really enjoy weight training.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Yeah, I've always wondered how other people deal with it. I asked my sister - she does Weight Watchers - and she told me what I didn't want to hear: that she's also always hungry, and she's just miserable on her diet. That's exactly how I was when I was exercising regularly and eating a very well-controlled diet. It really sucks to get yourself to where you want to be physically, only to realize that you hate every second that you're there because you're painfully hungry all the time.
    Would you rather be me and be nearly instantly so full you can't eat anymore? When there is a pile of delicious Thanksgivingness in front of you, but you can not eat it because you will bargle, even if it is wafer thin? Be careful what you wish for.
  • - Finish my movie
    - Exercise 3 times a week and run 2 miles regularly. Get better about doing my crunches.
    - Get to work before 9:30 every morning
    - Finish studying all the Joyo Kanji for the Level 1 exam
    - Form artist collective, try artist alley again
    - Make an updated reel for both my 2D and my 3D work
  • edited December 2010
    Would you rather be me and be nearly instantly so full you can't eat anymore?
    In a heartbeat. I love food, but the sheer extent of my appetite scares me a whole lot.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I've always wondered how other people deal with it.
    All I ever did before was exercise a lot, and I was still a tubby little fucker, just less tubby that I should have been. There are two factors which changed it for me, but both involved regular and sometimes lengthy starving, and pretty much just learning to control it. I don't recommend it - however, I can now simply not eat for as long as I need to, or eat whenever I like.

Downside - I can easily forget to eat, and it's not entirely unusual for me to subsist on nothing more than tea(and previously, nicotine too) for days at a time.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2010
    I don't recommend it
    I don't like the way I feel when I don't eat enough in a day. Headaches, listlessness, physical weakness, trembling, nausea, and intense irritability. I'm an unpleasant motherfucker when I'm hungry.
    All I ever did before was exercise a lot, and I was still a tubby little fucker.
    I'm OK being a tubby little fucker. I just want to be a bit less tubby. Right now, I'm 303, which is around the place my body seems to want to settle. I've been down as low as 272, and I liked being there; I felt physically fit and I liked my physique. I actually think I'm not capable of getting much lighter than that; I have a stout frame and I'm barrel-chested, so I'm simply never going to be svelte.
  • edited December 2010
    Would you rather be me and be nearly instantly so full you can't eat anymore? When there is a pile of delicious Thanksgivingness in front of you, but you can not eat it because you will bargle, even if it is wafer thin? Be careful what you wish for.
    Are you wasting away? No? Then you're doing well. I ate too much over the Christmas break and messed up my appetite. Now I have to go through a week of hungry as I reset my body.

My resolutions:
    1. Get over my fear of finding a new doctor and see an internist about my blood pressure. Also find a new dentist.
    2. Sort various financial issues.
    3. Buy less random crap I don't need.
    4. Watch more anime and netflix rather than Top Gear Episodes I've already seen.
    5. Get rid of the annoying little gut I have that's making it difficult to fit into the pants I used to wear.
    6. Shave every god damn day.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Other resolutions:

1. Play more actual vijigames, not just free Flash games on Kongregate. And yes, I have plenty of games to play.
    2. Brew more beer. This should be relatively easy.
    3. Listen to more metal - I tend to get very obsessed with a few bands at a time, and that's not very helpful when you want to find lots of stuff.
    4. Get rid of my credit card debt completely.
    5. Do a complete mockup of the brewhouse that I want to build when I actually have property, and then price out the various things I'll need to buy for it.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't like the way I feel when I don't eat enough in a day. Headaches, listlessness, physical weakness, trembling, nausea, and intense irritability. I'm an unpleasant motherfucker when I'm hungry.
    That's why I don't reccomend it, because it involves literally not eating more than once a week, for a bit more than a month. And initially learning to sit quite still the majority of the time and eat little for days at a time.
    I'm OK being a tubby little fucker. I just want to be a bit less tubby. Right now, I'm 303, which is around the place my body seems to want to settle. I've been down as low as 272, and I liked being there; I felt physically fit and I liked my physique. I actually think I'm not capable of getting much lighter than that; I have a stout frame and I'm barrel-chested, so I'm simply never going to be svelte.
    I'm lucky, I got a hefty dose of tall during puberty, but I still have a bit of the barrel chest/wide shoulders going on. I was a doughball pretty much till the age of 11 though, when I lost a lot of weight and started growing upward rather than outward.

I generally prefer to be about 220 pounds or so(I'm 185 and change now, but I've been as low as 125 and change, which was not good at all, to state the obvious, and as high as 248 and change, AKA, the point where I start to change over from wiry to muscly), but that would require more work than I'm putting in right now - getting to peak fitness is kinda hard, but staying there is trivial, all I have to do is the base level of maintenance exercise(about 5 or 6 hours a week, but spread across 7 days with spikes and troughs throughout), and not starve myself or eat ludicrously badly for a period of time. But I'm super, super lucky, and I'm totally fucked when this golden period stops, because I won't know how to deal with it. The second I stop being lanky with little maintenance is pretty much the same moment I turn into Bargearse.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I don't like the way I feel when I don't eat enough in a day. Headaches, listlessness, physical weakness, trembling, nausea, and intense irritability. I'm an unpleasant motherfucker when I'm hungry.
    Brothers gotta hug!
    Right now, I'm 303, which is around the place my body seems to want to settle.
    I'm at 242, and I'd love to hit 200 again. I mean, my wife would like me to hit 200 again.
  • 1. Consistently run 3 miles in under 19 minutes on a regular basis.
    2. Be able to do 30 pull-ups in row.
    3. Carve moguls and jump without difficulty (skiing)
    4. Bike to Beacon.
    5. Launch Project ST.
    6. Finish three coding projects I have in my hopper.
    7. Get really drunk at MAGfest.
    8. Regain physical proficiency in the trumpet.
  • 7. Get really drunk at MAGfest.
    Listen, you gotta perform at this shit. If you pass out, I will just drop you.
  • Listen, you gotta perform at this shit. If you pass out, I will just drop you.
    Ahh, thus the difficulty. I shan't drink at all prior to any of our panels.

I invited Jon and James to see Losing Should be Fun, so I shall definitely be spot on. ;^) I'm mostly referring to late night shenanigans.
  • 7. Get really drunk at MAGfest.
    Where do you plan to do this?