This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Years Resolutions for 2011

1235»

Comments

• I am going to read 12 GeekNights book club books. I ordered them a couple of a days ago. None of the authors are authors I've read before.

I realised that most books I read in 2011 were RPGs and only 2 were long form stories.

I chose the GeekNights book club books so that my resolution would be measurable and I would be able to reward myself by listening to a previously "forbidden" episode. :p

• So I managed to get some major things accomplished this year. I'll just go over the highlights.

Probably the most significant, though it wasn't on 2010's list (was on 2009's), was getting a girlfriend. Well, two, but the first one was a bit on the crazy side, so I got out of that quick. Katie, on the other hand, is pretty much everything I ever wanted in a girlfriend, even if some of those things I didn't realize until we were together.

In addition to that, I'm really glad that I managed to move into a bigger, better apartment before the year ended. It gives Katie and I enough space to live together, and do so very comfortably. We're about 90% of the way to what we want ultimately, just need a new couch, a bed frame, and a dining table with some chairs to make it perfect.

The other major thing that I'm very happy with, and probably most proud of, is that my friends and I finally managed to get our band off the ground. Not only did we play our first two shows, but we also recorded a full 40 minute CD that is currently still in the mixing process (we had to re-record some vocals).

I'm a little disappointed with a few things. I didn't get much of my backlog cleared. I hardly spent any time on my side projects, including completely skipping NaNoWriMo. And I put on a good 15 pounds or so. But those are exactly the things I intend to focus more on this coming year.

So my new resolutions are very simple:
    1) Get back to exercising regularly.
    2) Spend at least one minute per day working on side projects.
    3) Maximize free time to spend on clearing backlog.