This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Since I'm a big Bad Religion fan, and this video is just perfect for Rainbow Dash, it deserves to be quoted.
  • edited July 2011
    Did anyone else notice ponies with no cutie marks end up pulling trains?
    (episode 21: over a barrel)

EDIT: Does this mean that it's possible to NOT find your 'special talent' and gain a cutie mark? :O
    Post edited by Drahnier on
  • Does this mean that it's possible to NOT find your 'special talent' and gain a cutie mark? :O
    I'd think so. Same way as it's possible to not find a job IRL I suppose.

Actually, I wonder if in Equestria, when hiring, they look at people's cutie marks to see if someone's passionate or skilled at it, so if you apply without one, you're very likely to be turned down and thus end up a bum. You found a hobo pony! =O Can you screenshot the one you mean? I didn't notice him/her
  • Does this mean that it's possible to NOT find your 'special talent' and gain a cutie mark? :O
    All of a sudden the CMCs concern is a lot more justified.
  • Or, you know, it could just be an animation error, like when Rainbow Dash is up in the tree with opalescence in "Putting it Together".
  • edited July 2011
    And it's not like an animation error has ever made it into fan canon before.

Post edited by Eryn on
  • So, it seems that Tycho has been watching MLP, according to his Twitter.
  • So, it seems that Tycho has been watching MLP, according to his Twitter.
    We'll see what comes of this.
  • edited July 2011
    Can you screenshot the one you mean? I didn't notice him/her
    Here it is:

all 4 ponies pulling the train don't seem to have cutie marks, you could argue that the harness is in the way but it moves around allot and I was looking quite closely

it seems that ponies without cutie marks are drafted into manual labor
    This made me think of the Pegasus ponies who transport Twilight to Ponyville in episode 1, I went and checked them but unfortunately their flanks were covered

EDIT: damn I thought I'd made a pretty good screenshot of it then I noticed my mouse was in the pic /noobmistake
    Post edited by Drahnier on
  • How do you take a screenshot where your mouse isn't ignored..? Also, it isn't appearing for me
  • Can you screenshot the one you mean? I didn't notice him/her
    Here it is:

all 4 ponies pulling the train don't seem to have cutie marks, you could argue that the harness is in the way but it moves around allot and I was looking quite closely

it seems that ponies without cutie marks are drafted into manual labor
    This made me think of the Pegasus ponies who transport Twilight to Ponyville in episode 1, I went and checked them but unfortunately their flanks were covered

EDIT: damn I thought I'd made a pretty good screenshot of it then I noticed my mouse was in the pic /noobmistake
    You know, if im so badass i can pull an entire locomotive throughout the night, still be running straight after getting rammed by a bison twice my size, and then ram back and stun him even, ill rather not have that cutie mark :P
  • How do you take a screenshot where your mouse isn't ignored..? Also, it isn't appearing for me
    I think it's Linux shows the cursor, Windows doesn't.
    I think it's Linux shows the cursor, Windows doesn't.
    I do indeed use Linux.
  • edited July 2011
    Posted By: IkatonoI think it's Linux shows the cursor, Windows doesn't.
    I see. (Mac doesn't either). But then, why didn't you use the "draw a box with your mouse to take a screenshot" thing =P? Or the screenshot feature in Mplayer?
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Slowbolts

• Remember PAX when we waited in line for Omegathon Final and made pipe cleaner Pac-Man? Those were good days. Good days.

BUT WE FUCKING SUCK AT PIPE CLEANERS.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/pipecleaner-ponies.html
  • Rarity refused to model, because she wanted it to be more neo-retro-pre-post-modern with inspirations by Anna Wintour/Photo Finish, and the designer just wanted to make some ponies out of pipe cleaners.
  • edited August 2011
    Stephen Colbert just gave a shout-out to bronies everywhere. Invariably there will be a video up somewhere online very soon.
    EDIT: And, naturally...
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • Hahaha, it turns out Lauren Faust was watching too. This post just went up on her deviantART page.
  • Here it is in all its recorded-tv-screen-with-cellphone glory!
  • edited August 2011

The Creator of Team Fortress likes Ponies (sorry for the link, new at this)
    Post edited by Andrew on

• The Creator of Team Fortress likes Ponies (sorry for the link, new at this)

• I just realized, with all this brony cosplaying going on, there's so many fun opportunities. Next time I go to a convention around fall or winter (Magfest, perhaps?) I should go as Chief Thunderhooves. Not too much clothes restriction or purchasing, can keep beard and natural hair color, and it fits with my body type. I'm not surprised that there's this much diversity all ready, but I do know that the cosplaying is going to atleast be at this peak for another year or two.
  • Those pipe cleaner ponies are kind of amazing! And the artist's prices are very reasonable, actually. They look like they'd take a lot of time to put together.

Dunno how you guys have not posted any of emlan's awesome pony gijinkas/genderbends/comics in this thread but there is too many for me to picspam at this point so here is a link to the MLP portion of her DA gallery instead. Her character observations are so spot on. ;_;

• I love Emlan! I've been following her for years. She draws the opposite of Gijinkas too, like when she drew all the Hetalia boys as doggies!