This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Because otherwise they would ALL have to write to princess Celestia, not just Twilight.
    They only all write when any one of them learns a lesson about friendship. Of the mane ponies, only Twilight learned that lesson this time. Pinkie Pie and Applejack were facilitators at best.
  • Because otherwise they would ALL have to write to princess Celestia, not just Twilight.
    They only all write when any one of them learns a lesson about friendship. Of the mane ponies, only Twilight learned that lesson this time. Pinkie Pie and Applejack were facilitators at best.
    But they all wrote that letter together last time. Also, Pinkie Pie should have learned a lesson about hurting Luna's feelings or some shit.
  • But they all wrote that letter together last time
    They all learned a lesson that time.
    Also, Pinkie Pie should have learned a lesson about hurting Luna's feelings or some shit.
    Pinkie Pie didn't learn shit that time around. In fact, her answer was the right one it turned out. ;^)
  • We're honestly putting gravitas to what basically amounts to "Sonic Sez"/"Sailor Says"/"Now I know"?
  • We're honestly putting gravitas to what basically amounts to "Sonic Sez"/"Sailor Says"/"Now I know"?
    The more you know.
    The more you know.
    Knowing is half the battle!
  • edited October 2011
    It has to happen after the Zecora episode, and after the CMC episode.
    Why must it happen after the CMC episode?

I'm not seeing any inconsistencies to something like:
    Friendship is Magic 1&2 -> Bridle Gossip -> Fall Weather Friends -> Luna Eclipsed -> (All That Other Shit)

With that little time elapsed, Luna's behavior seems a little less strange. And Twilight has already gotten her lesson about not judging someone before you get to know them from Bridle Gossip.
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • Why must it happen after the CMC episode?
    In the first CMC episode, they introduced themselves to each other. As in, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo knew each other, but they didn't know Apple Bloom. It's actually kinda messed up because the three can be seen cowering together near the end of episode ONE! But yeah, the three of them are trick or treating together, so they had to have known each other at this point.
    But they all wrote that letter together last time. Also, Pinkie Pie should have learned a lesson about hurting Luna's feelings or some shit.
    Methinks someponies learned the lesson of "if you're on the team, you get credit for the final project, even if you didn't learn anything."
  • Methinks someponies learned the lesson of "if you're on the team, you get credit for the final project, even if you didn't learn anything."
    Best lesson.
  • edited October 2011
    Two little touches pointed out on the pony forum I frequent. God the writing in this show is good.

1. Originally hidden by the Hub logo: Luna is pushing a piece of candy towards the NMM statue while sitting in its shadow as Twilight walks up. The writers use the details of the NMM legend to subtly show Luna's fear that her past will devour her. (Sorry it's almost cut off, don't have time to play with resizing so I don't break the page as my work lunch is almost over).

2. Starswirl the bearded, father of the amniomorphic spell:
    amnio=bowl, morphic=morph
    a bearded wizard that shapes bowls = a hairy potter
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • 2. Starswirl the bearded, father of the amniomorphic spell:
    I was trying to figure out what that word was.
    You just blew my mind.
    You just blew my mind.
    Mine too.
  • edited October 2011
    One thing this video highlights for me is how powerful they made Luna in this episode. That was something I didn't see in most of the fan portrayals.

Post edited by Nissl on
  • Just got around to watching Lesson Zero. Twilight losing her shit was hilarious.
  • Radio Free Equestria returns:
  • The fight between the celestial sisters and Discord does seem evocative of the fight between gods and primordials in DND. The primordials had given the world form, but their constant shifting of it to their whims upset the denizens and the gods began a war to control the world. Granted, the spirits of the world actually eventually intervened and brought the war to an end, which is different from the fact that the alicorns defeated Discord to bring order to the world.
  • edited October 2011
    It sounds like you're describing Exalted, not DnD.

Are points awarded for out nerding each other? (Alternatively "The geekiness has been doubled!")
    Post edited by Purebloodgaijin on
  • It sounds like you're describing Exalted, not DnD.

Are points awarded for out nerding each other? (Alternatively "The geekiness has been doubled!")
    I know I'm about to lose geek cred but the situation I described is in 4e DND and explains the primal power source (as the spirits of the world imbued warriors with their power to keep it neutral from the gods and primordials.)
  • The Gods and Primordials in Exalted 'fought', but only the victors call it a "War". It was 90% pointless brutality.

If the pony story were analogous to Exalted's creation myth, Celestia and Luna would've mutilated Discord's family, starting with the ones least able to defend themselves, and then when he peacefully surrendered, instead of turning him to stone, they'd've raped him inside out and stuffed the rest of his permanently disfigured siblings into his distended guts, but not before purposefully hacking out the bits of their minds to keep them from ever feeling hope or mercy again. And then, of course, they'd call themselves the good guys and the setting would henceforth revolve around them.

(Not that I wouldn't watch that episode. Also, we should have an Exalted thread.)
  • That raping him inside and out thing sounds good for Ask Princess Molestia.
  • That is a really good point to bring up, but my critique sticks with, there's a bit of questionable time between Luna coming back to this episode that makes her attitude feel more awkward. And it was also like, everypony else in the episode was much more interesting with Pinkie and Zecora and even the fillies. Luna's interactions just felt a bit cliche, and you can so tell Tabitha St. German is voicing her with little variation from Rarity's voice.
    Luna had spent that time holed up in Canterlot Castle, attended by servants and hangers-on who that attitude did work on. She's also working on being a new person - That's why she seems such a blank slate. I hope she comes back as a recurring side character (And brings new friends!)
  • Now the question is would the Elements of Harmony ponies be a Solar circle or a collection of Solar's, Lunars, and Pinkie Pie as a Sidereal.
  • Now the question is would the Elements of Harmony ponies be a Solar circle or a collection of Solar's, Lunars, and Pinkie Pie as a Sidereal.
    You mean this thing?
    I think the most awesome way to portray them would be to incorporate as many Exalt types as possible. Twilight as a Solar Twilight, Rainbow Dash as an Infernal Scourge, Applejack as a Terrestrial Earth, Pinkie as a Lunar Changing Moon, Fluttershy as a Sidereal Chosen of Serenity, and Rarity as an Alchemical Starmetal. Not that having them all be Solars isn't cool and everything, but more diversity would be, well, y'know...so and so percent cooler, the coolness is doubled, etc etc.
  • I am disapoint! Only one post in pony thread in 17 hours.
    Get over it?
    Get over it?
  • More appropriate: