This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I converted it to greyscale because we didn't want to waste color ink.
    Economical!

Also, excited to play home-made game at PAX. Jeremy is card game expert. I'm sure it will have some exciting stuff in it.
  • I'm dating a furry. He's way sweet =3 As long as he's not being too furry-like anyway.
  • CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT FURRIES? Christ guys, for a board that is as pro-pony as us, we spend a lot of time on this thread discussing equisexuality.
  • edited November 2011
    CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT FURRIES?
    ... Dude, don't freak out. nobody has mentioned anything besides "furries are okay" or "furries are not okay". Surely debating the relative okay-ness of furry, and where we stand as a group on this issue is allowable, if not needed. Especially in light of our extreme pro-pony-ism, we must see how far we are willing to take it. I think the answer is "as far as this completely non-sexual relationship will take us".

Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT FURRIES?
    ... Dude, don't freak out. nobody has mentioned anything besides "furries are okay" or "furries are not okay". Surely debating the relative okay-ness of furry, and where we stand as a group on this issue is allowable, if not needed. Especially in light of our extreme pro-pony-ism, we must see how far we are willing to take it. I think the answer is "as far as this completely non-sexual relationship will take us".

Sorry, in retrospect, I shouldn't have used caps there. It's just really creepy how everyone's just talking normally about ponies, and then suddenly -- every 5 pages or so -- a wild furry discussion appears. It's not even like anyone is taking a particularly strong stance one way or the other. It's just, spontaneous revival of the topic.
  • Furries, like hipsters, are made fun of so much it's boring now.
  • You encountered a wild discussion on furries!

Sorry couldn't resist. On topic:
    Thinking about Lauren Faust as the Immortal God-Empress of Equestria made me start measuring the white wizard's penis again. What if Faust's pony is in fact the Queen, governing the terrestrial aspect of the world, while her two daughters, Celestia and Luna govern the day-night cycle?
  • If the Queen governs the terrestrial aspect, why do the ponies need to do so much work handling the weather and changing seasons and such?
  • If the Queen governs the terrestrial aspect, why do the ponies need to do so much work handling the weather and changing seasons and such?
    Well it a situation where if the ones with magic did everything, the peasantry would be so dependent on the few with the powers to handle it that it'd be too much for them to actually handle. What WOULD the ponies do in such a case? So she uses enough magic to allow the ponies to shape the land themselves, i.e. controlling weather, manually changing the seasons, etc. and they do the work to have something to do. It is still hard work, sure, but it isn't as hard as we have it in real life (like you can't just order a rainstorm to water your crops if there's been a drought going on). At some point she may have given up on the Everfree forest, where the old castle was, and moved the monarchy to Canterlot, OR wherever she may rule from as Canterlot may just be the seat of government for the principality of Equestria.
  • Ok, I find this hilarious.

• edited November 2011
    I'll shoot this down before someone brings it up
    Post edited by Drahnier on
  • Okay, just observational details, pretty much all of them have different manes and tails, Noteworthy appears to have feathers when I guess the FIP pony doesn't have them(I don't think I've seen art with any ponies that have feathers), Berry punch's cutie mark difference is nothing more than mirroring so I'd say it's a re-used one.

That berry toy looks more like the bitchy one, with the wrong cutie mark.
  • Ok, I find this hilarious.

It is true. Rainbow Dash is the best.

• edited November 2011
    That animation massively lags my browser when viewed in this forum.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • That animation massively lags my browser when viewed in this forum.
    It's just an animated gif. What browser?
  • edited November 2011
    Google Chrome. It seems okay in Firefox, though.
  • edited November 2011
    With that gif visible Task Manager reports Chrome at 25% CPU usage, which would mean it's pretty much maxing out one of my cores (CPU is a dual-core i5 with hyperthreading).
  • With that gif visible Task Manager reports Chrome at 25% CPU usage, which would mean it's pretty much maxing out one of my cores (CPU is a dual-core i5 with hyperthreading).
    It doesn't kill the CPU on my Chrome, but it does fail to resize the image to fit in the forum. Are you using Chrome stable, dev, or testing? What OS?
  • I wish I could erase this show from history. Well, mostly just my memory.
  • edited November 2011
    With that gif visible Task Manager reports Chrome at 25% CPU usage, which would mean it's pretty much maxing out one of my cores (CPU is a dual-core i5 with hyperthreading).
    It doesn't kill the CPU on my Chrome, but it does fail to resize the image to fit in the forum. Are you using Chrome stable, dev, or testing? What OS?
    Stable Chrome (15.0.874.106) on Windows 7 Home Premium. The GIF is being resized for me.

I think it's a combination of several factors:
    1) It's a pretty massive image (1.4 Megapixels)
    2) It needs to be resized
    3) Whatever approach Google Chrome uses for handling GIFs is fairly poor.

I tried viewing it outside of the forum, and the result is similar when it is resizing, but without the resizing it takes around 4x less CPU time.
  • I wish I could erase this show from history. Well, mostly just my memory.
    So you've actually watched some?
  • No, it's just everywhere. It's impossible to be on the internet and not encounter MLP memes.
  • No, it's just everywhere. It's impossible to be on the internet and not encounter MLP memes.
    Not to mention he has a girlfriend who sings the theme and talks in pony voices all the time :-P

This is how I feel about Dr. Who.
  • edited November 2011
    No, it's just everywhere. It's impossible to be on the internet and not encounter MLP memes.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited November 2011
    No, it's just everywhere. It's impossible to be on the internet and not encounter MLP memes.
    Doctor Who isn't really that pervasive, so I don't see how anyone could have a worse attitude towards it than mere indifference. No need for anything so drastic as memory/history erasure.
  • I also feel that way about Dr. Who. However, half the forum does not have phonebooths or tweed jackets as avatars.
  • I also feel that way about Dr. Who. However, half the forum does not have phonebooths or tweed jackets as avatars.
    That's because we haven't attracted a zillion Dr. Who fans to this community with episodes and an entire video show about it.
  • edited November 2011
    I never stated I don't like Doctor Who. I've never seen an episode to base an opinion on it. Doctor Who is just one of those very popular geek things that I choose to not get into.

You may think it's not pervasive to what you see on the internet, but I honestly see a lot of it on the various social media type feeds I subscribe to.

Not to mention that I'm an avid craft making person. I see lots of people making the Tardis, the famous striped Doctor Who scarf, and Dalek related items.

I know that MLP is prevalent over the internet towards geeks, anime loves, and the like. I'll refer back to a recent party I went to that had a lot of anime otaku guys there.

There is a lot of cross-over for anime/MLP fans, but sometimes there isn't. I understand that and that's cool.

I'm just part of that group that doesn't care for Doctor Who nor do have any interest in getting into it. I'm more indifferent than against it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on