This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I don't know about anyone else, but anytime something I've made has been on EqD (at least 4-5 times) I've gotten nothing but positive comments. I've always thought it was a sign of a positive community.

Of course, I don't read the comments on anything else, so maybe I'm just awesome.
  • I don't know about anyone else, but anytime something I've made has been on EqD (at least 4-5 times) I've gotten nothing but positive comments. I've always thought it was a sign of a positive community.

Of course, I don't read the comments on anything else, so maybe I'm just awesome.
    I'm happy for you buddy. And I really want to be proven wrong. Can I haz linkz to your work?
  • edited July 2012
    Here's the most recent one about my lecture at Anime Expo.
    It'll take some time for me to find the others.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Awesome, that was you? Ever get that haircut?
  • edited July 2012
    Yes, that was me. Nope, no haircut. I'm growing it until I can ponytail it.
    Here's another one. Search the page for "Sidelines" (my story).
  • Always liked EQD, but stopped checking it because I get all the pony I need elsewhere.
  • Alright you Game of Thrones fans, BEHOLD:
  • I actually followed Game of thrones rabidly... and who is that guy to the right again?
  • oh yes of course...

Also, apparently comicon is showing songs from season 3 of MLP..im not sure why they would do that, considering it spoils the song and situation context before S3 even airs.

• Sounds fine to me.
  • edited July 2012
    Also, apparently comicon is showing songs from season 3 of MLP..im not sure why they would do that, considering it spoils the song and situation context before S3 even airs.
    It's your decision whether you watch them or not, but here's videos of two songs (I don't know if there's more):

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • A nice collection of songs from non-English MLP versions:
  • Why are Eastern European languages so utterly insane? They are utterly incomprehensible to me. Germanic? Fine. Romance? Eh, deal with it. Scandinavian not completely batshit insane. Eastern European? BHL:FHA:LFKH(P*YF_(RY@(_#
  • Despite knowing Russian I pick up barely any of the Polish.
    But the flow of sentences and the sounds aren't totally alien to you, right?
    But the flow of sentences and the sounds aren't totally alien to you, right?
    Yeah, I guess so.
  • According to my "sources", My Little Pony is now becoming popular in China.

Can the US and China learn that friendship is magic?
  • According to my "sources", My Little Pony is now becoming popular in China.

Can the US and China learn that friendship is magic?
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • That video makes me want holodecks so bad.
  • edited July 2012
    You know...I would pay good money for a model like this one, even if at the end of the day it is but a 3D print, and the colors on the eyes are terribly muted.

Its the closest thing the pony fandom has to an actual pony statue I'll say.

Its on sale for around 36 dollars.

Photobucket

Post edited by lifecircle on
  • Someone at Hasbro has dropped the ball SO HARD it went right through to China. To echo Scott and Rym, do these people know how much money they are sitting on with this franchise? If this quality figures like these were mass produced and in store shelves we can all kiss our disposable and savings incomes good bye.
  • Certainly. Octavia is in my top 5 favorite ponies, even if the biggest reason is headcanon/fanon.
  • Someone at Hasbro has dropped the ball SO HARD it went right through to China. To echo Scott and Rym, do these people know how much money they are sitting on with this franchise? If this quality figures like these were mass produced and in store shelves we can all kiss our disposable and savings incomes good bye.
    You can actually buy this immediately, and there is also a Vinyl Scratch model that is coming up to.

Since this is a 3D print, it lends itself to mass production.

You can find it here: http://www.shapeways.com/model/598798/s-c-horses-classy.html
  • Octavia is in my top 5 favorite ponies, even if the biggest reason is headcanon/fanon.
    I've actually considered, had I the skills, buying a Scratch and a non-Mane Six pony, then painting that one to look like Octavia.
  • edited July 2012
    Octavia is in my top 5 favorite ponies, even if the biggest reason is headcanon/fanon.
    I've actually considered, had I the skills, buying a Scratch and a non-Mane Six pony, then painting that one to look like Octavia.
    They need to be together! XD

Related: One of my favorite fanfictions ever. Allegrezza
  • I've thought about making 3D prints from Maya models, but I'm glad someone else is so I don't have to.

Speaking of MLP and Chinese, there are a number of Taiwanese interns and programmers studying abroad at my office this summer. I made some comment to one of the artists about Ponies, and one of the Taiwanese guys pipes up with "Those tiny rainbow horses?" I was like "Yes! I love them!" and he was like "Me too, they are on the internet!"