This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Taking Art Requests

Got bit by the fanart bug but have no motivation. Taking the next three pony art requests (no shipping, no humanized, no crossovers, keep it family friendly). If your name rhymes with "Gym" or "Mascott," your requests will probably get priority.
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • San Diego Comic-Con Pony Train

• edited July 2012
    I think this is my new favorite fandom pony.

Also, I want to be on the pony train. Ahhhh!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited July 2012

Also, this looks cool:
  • edited July 2012
    "Oh god WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!"
    "I'm Trying!!!!"
    "FIX IT!"

Also: Sleeping Woona is adorable.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited July 2012
    "Ин совьет мун... Ю вилл бикам ван виф Вууна, да? ДАААААА"
  • edited July 2012
    That's... a creative use of phonetics...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited July 2012
    Granted, I didn't bother to transliterate myself, since it was already in a YouTube comment. I loved the way she said "да" that second time though.
  • Yeah, that was cute. "DAHhhhh..."
  • edited July 2012
  • Damn, ya beat me to it. Still, that's pretty awesome.
  • Saw this photo on Wundergound:
  • edited July 2012

EDIT: Fuck. I'd already seen every single one of those videos.
  • This hits all the right buttons for me.
  • edited July 2012
    EqD's latest banner:
  • Am I the only person that doesn't care for despises Equestria Daily?
  • I'd say you're the only person who despises it. Most people don't care about it. Why so virulent?
  • Am I the only person that doesn't care for despises Equestria Daily?
    Oh, I'm sure plenty of people hate it on the Internet at large; among the brony forumites I'm sure there's quite a few "don't cares" as well.

What about it do you despise?
  • Let's see:

A lot of the commenters are pretty scummy pervs (to be expected).
    A good amount of the commenters are also INTOLERANT punks (lol, irony).
    Moderators will straight up side against you if you disagree with their post.
    They've featured pretty dubious stuff in the past (ponies in lingerie anyone?).
    The site owner has to make it known that he's got a dragon fetish.

All in all, it's a big circle jerk site. So I stopped going and ignored them. It just sucks that the pony news site with the most traffic is run by and visited by weirdos. But, whatever, it's their site and they can do whatever they want with it.
  • First rule of the Internet: never read the comments. If you do, expect terrible things, because there is literally no site on the Internet that is both popular and has non-idiotic commenters.
    And yeah, it's pretty mediocre, but it's the only place to go for decently-filtered and concentrated MLP stuff.

Also, this is the first I've heard of the site owner having a dragon fetish. Where did you learn that from?
  • First rule of the Internet: never read the comments. If you do, expect terrible things, because there is literally no site on the Internet that is both popular and has non-idiotic commenters.
    This.

As for the dragon fetish thing, it's apparently true (see this), but:
    1) Who gives a fuck?
    2) What does that have to do with EqD as a website?
  • Huh, didn't realize that. At least he realizes that it causes issues for him, which is good.

Also, interestingly, that post is pre-MLP. He's never really mentioned it on EqD, and I wonder if ponies have replaced that to some degree?

Anyways, it doesn't actually matter at all as long as I don't seem him complaining about how "oppressed" furries are.
  • edited July 2012
    @Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) I'll PM you about the fetish thing so this doesn't derail. nvm

And though I can control wither I read comments or not, who is to say someone else won't read them and get the wrong impression about MLP from Equestria Daily. I'm not saying ED is poison for the fanbase, but in my time there I haven't ever seen the staff lifting a finger to moderate jack. And if you like going to the site, I have nothing against you. You're probably a cool dude.
    Post edited by GeorgeC. on
  • Thanks, you're probably a pretty cool dude too.