This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I'll very likely be bringing Ankh-Morpork: The Board Game. Haven't decided if I'll let the lending library get their paws on it or not.

Also, does anyone have a room-slot that goes through Sunday night? I feel like I should avoid leaving on Sunday so I can help with teardown.
    That game is pretty damn awesome. Not sure if I went into detail about it on the board game thread, but you should definitely give it a try at PAX if you are remotely interested.

• I'm feeling more and more like taking two full weeks off around PAX...
  • I'll very likely be bringing Ankh-Morpork: The Board Game. Haven't decided if I'll let the lending library get their paws on it or not.

Also, does anyone have a room-slot that goes through Sunday night? I feel like I should avoid leaving on Sunday so I can help with teardown.
    I have plenty of floor space in my room, sadly I only have it for Friday and Saturday night since I live only an hour away...
  • As we're bus, not train, we will bring plenty.
  • Should we try to make a master list of who's bringing what to avoid double-ups, or is that too much work for too little reward?
  • I'm only packing ultralight...

Werewolves of Millers Hollow + Expansions...
    Maybe Gamers vs. Evil
    Maybe some counters and dice if I plan to run some one-shot RPGs (unlikely, but would hinge on interest)
    Aaaand now I'm imagining you flying into PAX in an ultralight made of board games, cackling like a maniac.

• I'll have a gaming laptop and at least 1 Xbox 360 controller, 2 if I can find my other one. I'll also have my DS Lite and 3DS.
  • In addition to Ankh-Morpork: the Board Game, I'll likely have a copy of Carcassonne, laptop, DS, and some playing cards.
    Aaaand now I'm imagining you flying into PAX in an ultralight made of board games, cackling like a maniac.

This is an excellent idea.
  • It appears most of my roomies dropped out in my Weston quad, anyone want in?
  • Linkingi and Yosho, get on that. Doubke shower heads.
  • Do you still have that spot for me, Coldguy? I'd like to hold on to it for now unless I find someone staying through Sunday night.
  • Do you still have that spot for me, Coldguy? I'd like to hold on to it for now unless I find someone staying through Sunday night.
    eeeyup
  • I'm answering to Coldguy's offer to share his quad room.
  • Blerg. Sorry Coldguy, I just got space with some enforcer buddies of mine.
  • Played some games yesterday with Jeremy's sister and boyfriend. They know little to nothing of our kind of board games. We introduced them to Marrakech, Metro, Bohnanza, and Infinite City. They enjoyed all of them.

I easily owned in Bohnanza and am ready to play, haggle, and shit talk.
  • I am getting pretty legit excited.

We're doing "Let's Play Money Making Game" and a yet-to-be-titled two-hour tabletop gaming workshop in the new "classroom" panel room. We'll also be at the "Going Cardboard" screening, and at AB for "Diamonds in the Rough."

I'm thinking of sticking around later in the day on Monday if anyone else is. It's a short bus trip home, so I'm in no rush.
  • edited February 2012
    *sigh* Unless I can find people that are willing to commit to this room I may have to just cancel it. I hate it when I have to hunt down people who said they were going to go, only to tell me that they are not going now, AND had no plans on telling me prior to the hunt. So if anyone needs an extra person for their room OR wants to take over this room at the Weston let me know. Otherwise I am still looking for roommates.

Also Bolt Bus, y u no let me buy tickets from you?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I easily owned in Bohnanza and am ready to play, haggle, and shit talk.
    We had the most amiable game of Bohnanza this weekend. It was really interesting.
  • Since one of my roommates pulled out, I'm trying to get Stephen Goldberg to come, just waiting on confirmation ^_^
  • I easily owned in Bohnanza and am ready to play, haggle, and shit talk.
    We had the most amiable game of Bohnanza this weekend. It was really interesting.
    Mine was mostly like that too, because I don't want to scare them with the shit talking. However, I was cut throat in making sure I minimized Jeremy as a threat. I took most of the trades he wanted.

I won by like 17 coins. :D
  • Since one of my roommates pulled out, I'm trying to get Stephen Goldberg to come, just waiting on confirmation ^_^
    How is he going to get a badge?
  • From the guy who pulled out obviously :-p
    Who buys a badge and then bails? WTF
    Just guessing, but someone who didn't realize it was Easter weekend and would rather spend it with their family.
    Just guessing, but someone who didn't realize it was Easter weekend and would rather spend it with their family.
    Who buys a badge and doesn't check if they're free those dates? ;^)

Be warned: there's a good chance it will always be Easter weekend.

• Two best things about Easter:

1. PAX is around that time.
    2. Robin Eggs (candy coated chocolate malt balls) are for sale.
  • Two best things about Easter:

1. PAX is around that time.
    2. Robin Eggs (candy coated chocolate malt balls) are for sale.
    Better thing about Easter, work is on holiday so no need to use vacation days to attend. Yay Catholic School!

Who buys a badge and doesn't check if they're free those dates? ;^)

Be warned: there's a good chance it will always be Easter weekend.
    I did it with AB on year. I have since added the "US holidays" calendar to my google calendar as well as Greek Easter for the next 10 years.