This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• The tabletop people are pretty cool. ^_~
  • The tabletop people are awesome.
  • I'm hoping to get Tabletop this year. I was in Satellite theaters and while that was ok, it definitely was not as fun.
  • While I'm not that big of a console gamer, I've been doing Console Freeplay the last few years. I really like the system we have, with our runners, software, and crazy acrobatics. I find the meta-game of tuning it and experimenting with different variables to be really interesting. But maybe I'm just a nerd.
  • I'm thinking board gaming or one of the arcade rooms. Or possibly that band room, if they have it again this year.

Do you have any better suggestions?
    From what I heard Jamspace is going to be back again.

• By the by, if you're an enforcer, it's shirt size posting time!
  • I've purchased my flight ticket. I suppose this means "shit got real".
  • Woohoo! Alright!

I was going to post that Jet Blue is having a sale right now, but it was for flights before PAX time. I keep checking to see if my flights get cheaper because I definitely will be holding them to giving me a credit for any difference is the price goes down. The price actually has been increasing every time I check.

BTW @Pete, Lyddi and all lovers of the Trader Joe's Crispy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies,

I found a new cookie at Trader Joes. They are dangerous. Oh so dangerous. Be prepared!
  • I actually had a Kayak.com price alert going day-by-day, and it dropped by $34 today so I struck.
  • Buying my flight ticket when I did months ago has proven to be ~$20 cheaper than it's been at any point since. The prices did drop this month (from the $300+ it was at for a while), but I still won-out.
  • I don't really know anymore if I'm winning or losing with fairs. I think it's about the same.
  • Fairs are fun. How do you lose at fairs? Maybe if a sheep bit you or something.
  • Goddamn, my panels didn't get accepted. I could possibly buy a three day pass from a corpmate in Eve (Goonswarm Federation and first rule of Goonswarm is no Goon fucking so he'd be kinda honor bound to send me the real pass) but now I dunno if I want to go. My life has taken another dip and I dunno if I'd have the money to really enjoy myself in Boston.
  • Goddamn, my panels didn't get accepted. I could possibly buy a three day pass from a corpmate in Eve (Goonswarm Federation and first rule of Goonswarm is no Goon fucking so he'd be kinda honor bound to send me the real pass) but now I dunno if I want to go. My life has taken another dip and I dunno if I'd have the money to really enjoy myself in Boston.
    If you need cheering up, there's no better way to do it than to be at a convention full of awesome people.

Also, if you don't want to pay, I'm pretty sure they're still taking Enforcers.
  • For those who like those steel lanyards, a fellow Enforcer, is still making them and selling them in time for PAX.
  • Fairs are fun. How do you lose at fairs? Maybe if a sheep bit you or something.
    God damn it, stupid long day at work making my spelling flip.
    By playing the carnie games, they're always a con.

By playing the carnie games, they're always a con.
    Those games are like gambling. You do it for the enjoyment, not to win. If you do it only to win, you've already lost.

• As if you didn't know already, Eclipse will be played.
  • You must first teach me Agricola. I'm sure the TT library will have more than enough copies.

I hold you to your word, Scott Rubin!
  • I wanna play Eclipse again so bad. Isn't there some kind of x-pac for it already or something?
  • You must first teach me Agricola. I'm sure the TT library will have more than enough copies.

If he doesn't, I will.

I will definitely teach you all the Agricolas. There is plenty of time for all the games, considering that we will definitely be rocking it way late.

• edited February 2012
    Sweet. I want to learn new games, I will teach new games.

Definite games we are bringing:

Innovation
    Grimoire
    Infinite City
    Marrakech
    Trigger
    Nightfall
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Is Marrakech the carpets game? Pretty sure someone here has a copy of that. It's a great quickie or warmup game.

I don't think I've played any of those others.
  • Sweet. I want to learn new games, I will teach new games.

Definite games we are bringing:

Innovation
    Infinite City
    Marrakech
    Trigger
    Nightfall
    I will play any of these. Also I am bringing a Kickstarted 2 player starship combat game (pretty fun) and Battlestations, so I do not get murdered.

I also want to play House on Haunted Hill because it was a blast last year.
  • edited February 2012
    @Nuri,

Yes, Rym or Scott owns it because I showed it to them! We have it in a compact format.

Jeremy and I have gotten downsizing game packaging to a science now.

@SquadronRoe, I'll be down to play, but we won't be bringing it. I'm pretty sure TT library has it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I wanna play Eclipse again so bad. Isn't there some kind of x-pac for it already or something?
    There's Supernova, which was kind of a promo expansion release on Board Game Geek that sold out in less than an hour. It's supposedly being reprinted along with the reprint of the base game.

There is another expansion planned called Rise of the Ancients. The designers hope to have that debuted by Essen this year.

• I'll very likely be bringing Ankh-Morpork: The Board Game. Haven't decided if I'll let the lending library get their paws on it or not.

Also, does anyone have a room-slot that goes through Sunday night? I feel like I should avoid leaving on Sunday so I can help with teardown.
  • Linkigi, I'm also looking around for rooms. Worst case scenario, there are a few hotels about a mile away (northwest, across the bridges) that have vacancies. Not an ideal scenario, though.