This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

E3 2012 Announcements

Comments

• I think the two highlights of the Microsoft Press Conference were: the South Park game, and SmartGlass.
  • Sound Shapes finally has a release date. This was probably the game the sold me on the Vita, not that it needed much to begin with.
  • I think the two highlights of the Microsoft Press Conference were: the South Park game, and SmartGlass.
    The whole SmartGlass thing is cool in that it looks like it's just going to be a standard to the system, but I can't really be excited for it because the technology has been around for a few years now (but only with certain Disney movies: http://disneysecondscreen.go.com/)
    The whole SmartGlass thing is cool in that it looks like it's just going to be a standard to the system, but I can't really be excited for it because the technology has been around for a few years now (but only with certain Disney movies: http://disneysecondscreen.go.com/)
    I think the fact that it's a highlight isn't so much that it's new, but rather that it is doing what the Wii U is doing, but better, and with devices you already own.
  • Possible 3DS XDL. Hmm...
  • I want 3DS LITE not 3DS HEAVY. Nintendo, you are from Japan. You know small is better!
  • I want 3DS LITE not 3DS HEAVY. Nintendo, you are from Japan. You know small is better!
    If they're going to include the Circle Pad Pro, it's going to have to be bigger unless they figure out how to make the second set of L/R buttons either sit flush on the back of the system or if they can make the second set somehow be in the same area as the existing buttons without making the button placement awkward like the ZL and ZR buttons on the original Classic Controller.

• edited June 2012
    This year might be the one where I buy a 3DS and a 360. Forza is looking beautiful.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • If they really do make a 3DS XL I might actually consider buying one if they add the circle pad pro. I don't even bring the handhelds with me very often anyways. When I do, It's in my messenger bag so it being a bit bigger really isn't a big deal to me.
  • At this point I would only take any non-iPhone gaming devices with me on longer trips like an airport where I wouldn't be taking it in and out of my pocket constantly like on the subway, so a bigger size isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me.
  • Yeah. Sony's conference was a joke minus Beyond.
  • I loved how the guy was like "Ellen Page is such a great actress in this role, blah blah" and then proceeds to show her sitting quietly saying nothing. Wow, such great acting!
  • Yeah. Sony's conference was a joke minus Beyond.
    The Last of Us looked great, and the Assassin's Creed III ship gameplay looked really cool.

Also everyone should go watch the gameplay video of Watch Dogs. It looks like it is probably the first next gen game, and also the game looks really cool.

• Watch Dogs looks fantastic.

The Last of Us looked good, a bit like Uncharted for my tastes. ACIII is good, but the ship gameplay (and the other cinematic parts) has never been what I've looked for in those games.
  • The Last of Us looked good, a bit like Uncharted for my tastes.
    You know it's made by the same people, right?

Also, today is Nintendomination. Tell your friends, it's going to be a thing.

• I'm aware that it's made by the same people. I really like Naughty Dog, so I'll likely give it a shot.

Nintendomination, huh? I dig it.
  • I'm aware that it's made by the same people. I really like Naughty Dog, so I'll likely give it a shot.

Nintendomination, huh? I dig it.
    Seriously, it's going to be a thing. I've already started a hashtag.

• You're welcome.
  • The only reason I care that Internet Explorer is coming to the Xbox is that I may be able to get free Hulu on my TV with it, unless they use some dark magic to block that sort of thing.
  • The only reason I care that Internet Explorer is coming to the Xbox is that I may be able to get free Hulu on my TV with it, unless they use some dark magic to block that sort of thing.
    They always manage to find a way to block it on mobile browsers, even if Flash is supported. It's more than user agent detection. I suspect you'll see the same thing with IE for Xbox.
  • He's coming...

• If their actual keynote were anything even close to that, I would just buy all their things even if they sucked.
  • There are so many ways for Nintendo to fail here. While it it highly likely, it's not guaranteed. I'm hoping to see some bullet dodging.

10 min into keynote, first bullet dodged: 2 GamePad support confirmed, although early titles will only use one.
  • TANK TANK TANK FOR WII U
  • Scribblenauts.... MMO?
  • Just waiting for Gabe to roll out on stage with Reggie.
  • Man, if they announced Minecraft on the Wii U I'd just about shit myself.
  • So somehow ZombieU was the most interesting game at the Nintendo press conference.