This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

E3 2012 Announcements

Comments

• During the Far Cry 3 trailer during the ubisoft event -
  • Wow. Wut.
  • Wow. Wut.
    The Fucktreal bit makes more sense looking at the actual thing(they do that with a bunch of stuff, and other random words, they also flick up Huntreal for a second, and a few others), but the Fuck Ea bit is a pretty clear jab.

• edited June 2012
    This game makes me happy to own a PS3

It kind of makes me remember of 10,000 Leagues in Search of Mother :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • The WiiU GamePad battery will last 3-5 hours and take 2.5 hours to charge.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/5/3066911/nintendo-wii-u-gamepad-battery-life-specs
  • edited June 2012
    The WiiU GamePad battery will last 3-5 hours and take 2.5 hours to charge.
    Well, I hope there's a way to play using it while plugged in.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • The WiiU GamePad battery will last 3-5 hours and take 2.5 hours to charge.
    Well, I hope there's a way to play using it while plugged in.
    It looks like it charges like the PS3 controllers. There's just a port on the top that looks like it's for charging purposes.

• Wii Virtual Console purchases will transfer to the Wii U. Load them onto your tablet and take your old NES and SNES games on the go?
  • Nice try, but the tablet only works with the Wii U.
  • Wii Virtual Console purchases will transfer to the Wii U. Load them onto your tablet and take your old NES and SNES games on the throne?
  • Wii Virtual Console purchases will transfer to the Wii U. Load them onto your tablet and take your old NES and SNES games on the throne?
    I can already do that. I have a PSP.
  • HAWKEN CONTROLLER! D:

• edited June 2012
    If it works for more games than just Hawken, I might buy that right when it comes out. Then I'll start playing Mechwarrior again.
  • I think Matt Stone and Trey Parker summed smart glass up best.
  • Why have a separate conference for 3DS if you're not going to announce anything new?
  • I'm sorry, but the Animal Crossing Sweet Day does not impress me. I want my Animal Crossing for the 3DS! T_T
  • Yeah. Nintendo Land looks...Silly, and hopefully bundled with the Wii U. I want my AC:3D to come out. Or at least have a launch date.
  • Also: No new 3DS version. Good.
  • edited June 2012
    I want to be able to swim to that special island as I once sailed there on the the GC AC version. I want new sets! I want to be able to visit the town of friends even if they aren't online or in the game.

*sigh*

A girl can dream.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I want a version where there's more actual stuff to do. I spent hours playing Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, but after a while I mainly was just doing it to unlock the NES games. I want something like a cross between Minecraft and Animal crossing.
  • I think there will be, apparently you're the mayor in the 3DS version. Town-building!
  • I think there will be, apparently you're the mayor in the 3DS version. Town-building!
    Does that mean we beat Tortimer in the elections? Oh noes. Poor old tortoise. Perhaps he will be still there doing things.
  • Wow, now they announce the new 3DS Fire Emblem via Twitter? What are you guys thinking?
  • Yay, a game I want for my 3DS :-p
  • Oh, so Fire Emblem isn't another pokemon game?
    I think there will be, apparently you're the mayor in the 3DS version. Town-building!
    Does that mean we beat Tortimer in the elections? Oh noes. Poor old tortoise. Perhaps he will be still there doing things.
    Poor Tortimer. For what other reason does he live?

• edited June 2012
    Oh, so Fire Emblem isn't another pokemon game?
    I believe I'm falling victim to Poe's Law here, but Fire Emblem is a long-running Japanese turn-based strategy RPG series known for generally unforgiving game play and very strong characterization (and Loads and Loads of Characters).

The first localized Fire Emblem game (Rekka no Ken) is possibly my favorite turn-based strategy game ever.