This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

E3 2012 Announcements

1235»

Comments

• Eurogamer is reporting that, "Each message posted to Miiverse, displayed on the Wii U desktop and in specific areas in Wii U software, will need to be read and verified before it becomes visible.

Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata said he thought a delay of half an hour when posting messages was fine."

It sounds like there will be a computer automatically screening for obvious things, then upon passing that it is sent to a Nintendo employee who will also screen it.
  • How can they reasonably expect to be able to keep up with and approve by hand every single message 24 hours a day? That doesn't even seem feasible.
  • How can they reasonably expect to be able to keep up with and approve by hand every single message 24 hours a day? That doesn't even seem feasible.
    Gotta waste that money on something nobody wants.

Wii U is the next iTunes Ping.

• They'll pre-screen for known "bad" words with auto-rejections, and only manually read the rest.

As I said before in less harsh terms, Nintendo is rapidly becoming a relic, and I have little faith in their next generation of offerings.
  • The ability of Japanese companies to shoot themselves in the foot over super old-school business practices never ceases to amazing me. The one that gets me, though, is Capcom's treatment of the Megaman franchise since Inafune left.

It's not just inability to advance; lots of companies everywhere do that. It's an almost petty adherence to old policy for the sake of it.
  • As I said before in less harsh terms, Nintendo is rapidly becoming a relic, and I have little faith in their next generation of offerings.
    The pillar is crumbling.
  • They'll pre-screen for known "bad" words with auto-rejections, and only manually read the rest.

As I said before in less harsh terms, Nintendo is rapidly becoming a relic, and I have little faith in their next generation of offerings.
    So are all of the other video game companies, as far as I'm concerned. Nintendo's offerings are the only things I am even vaguely interested in on console terms.

One other thing: According to Rock Paper Shotgun, all of the multi-platform offerings were demoed on PC, using controllers to keep the illusion of console play. Most of the games not Wii U exclusive are probably on PC, so maybe I just don't care anymore about anything other than Nintendo.