This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• Also, I've managed - with a little assistance - to make an infernal contraption that essentially photosynthesizes a large number of target objects. Right now, it's making diamonds. Lovely.
  • Also, I've managed - with a little assistance - to make an infernal contraption that essentially photosynthesizes a large number of target objects. Right now, it's making diamonds. Lovely.
    Did you consult with w_breen? I think he has a machine in his basement that turns out a diamond every 30 seconds. The server economy is already totally ruined by alchemy. :P

• edited August 2012
    Also, I've managed - with a little assistance - to make an infernal contraption that essentially photosynthesizes a large number of target objects. Right now, it's making diamonds. Lovely.
    Did you consult with w_breen? I think he has a machine in his basement that turns out a diamond every 30 seconds. The server economy is already totally ruined by alchemy. :P
    It's coming down - It's down to about eight-and-a-bit seconds, now.

But, my operation probably won't be that large, and while you can't make everything, you can make enough that it prevents the same frustration as thisafternoon, where I lost three hours to someone else's mistake.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2012
    I'm still manually feeding rubies and gold into my transmutation table. I'm so old fashioned...

So, what are the components of the diamond machine besides a condensor and glow stone?
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited August 2012
    Also, which of the ops enabled nukes? They're disabled by default.. :)

I'm just curious, want to figure out if something's broken. Configuration changes don't always seem to have the desired (or documented) effect on this box...
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I can't login on my new computer using the same method as before. It says I need Minecraft Forge installed.
    Try posting on /r/tekkit, they're pretty good about helping. I'm not sure what could be up.

You're using the launcher, I assume. OH, you need to change the build to 3.1.2 now, we updated.
    Ok, this build changing nonsense is no good. If the launcher can change builds at will, it really needs to ask the server what build to use and then automatically select that build.
  • I can't login on my new computer using the same method as before. It says I need Minecraft Forge installed.
    Try posting on /r/tekkit, they're pretty good about helping. I'm not sure what could be up.

You're using the launcher, I assume. OH, you need to change the build to 3.1.2 now, we updated.
    Ok, this build changing nonsense is no good. If the launcher can change builds at will, it really needs to ask the server what build to use and then automatically select that build.
    I absolutely agree that the launcher should be able to query the server and switch the build automatically, but maybe that's not in the Minecraft API..?

I did announce the build change on this thread but it gets buried fast.

• edited August 2012
    I can't login on my new computer using the same method as before. It says I need Minecraft Forge installed.

After the very first time I logged on(when I wasn't, in fact, properly updated) using the recommended one has worked fine for me so far.
    I'm still manually feeding rubies and gold into my transmutation table. I'm so old fashioned...

So, what are the components of the diamond machine besides a condensor and glow stone?
    A crazy diamond machine is a pain in the arse - One diamond block, one glass, six glowstone(not dust, but stone) and a regular furnace, for the first level one collector, an Antimatter relay(six obsidian, one glass, one diamond block) and an Energy condenser, which is four diamonds, four obsidian, and one Alchemy chest. That's for the most basic one. After that, you're golden.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I was doing thangs in the city last night, but I should be on and working on a Diamond-O-Tron for my town tonight.
  • I just hope enough people cruise through the chunk my little hidey-hole is in to keep it ticking over at a reasonable rate.
  • I was doing thangs in the city last night, but I should be on and working on a Diamond-O-Tron for my town tonight.
    Vaguely replaced your teleport tap on the power plant and is planning to hook up anybody who wants one, since you weren't around. Teleport pipes now have an "owner" which screws with the original plan.

Are we moving the spawn or waiting for the town to be built? I'm thinking about building a steak house in the new town that's a parallel to the chicken shack in the old.

• I just hope enough people cruise through the chunk my little hidey-hole is in to keep it ticking over at a reasonable rate.
    You can use a dimensional anchor, although we may have to ban them if the server bogs down.

• Well, Vaguely probably just ruined the power supply to my workshop if he broke my original power telepipe. I'll need to fix that. Don't move spawn yet.
  • Well, Vaguely probably just ruined the power supply to my workshop if he broke my original power telepipe. I'll need to fix that. Don't move spawn yet.
    Probably. I suggested adding a second pipe but I'm not sure I was understood. Shouldn't be a big repair though.

• Since this appears to be the most active Minecraft thread going...

Just opened up my vanilla server: 74.84.136.212 for anyone to access. It had been white list only for a while and has a fair amount of construction on it. It has been updated to 1.3. I'll leave it open for the next few days so if you want permanent access after the weekend just let me know.

I also have a bukkit server running but since I foolishly upgraded my minecraft client and didn't keep a copy of 1.2.5 I can't access it until a new version of bukkit comes out.

I'm interested in this tekkit server but since it is built on bukkit I can't connect.

Oh yeah, RAM is not a problem so I can easily go to 8GB on the servers and be good (using 2GB for each right now).
  • Since this appears to be the most active Minecraft thread going...

Just opened up my vanilla server: 74.84.136.212 for anyone to access. It had been white list only for a while and has a fair amount of construction on it. It has been updated to 1.3. I'll leave it open for the next few days so if you want permanent access after the weekend just let me know.

I also have a bukkit server running but since I foolishly upgraded my minecraft client and didn't keep a copy of 1.2.5 I can't access it until a new version of bukkit comes out.

I'm interested in this tekkit server but since it is built on bukkit I can't connect.

Oh yeah, RAM is not a problem so I can easily go to 8GB on the servers and be good (using 2GB for each right now).
    Does the Technic Launcher even use your local install? I'm not sure, but I know you can switch builds at will through the options menu.
  • Is it possible to make portals between servers? As in there is a physical location on one server, but when you enter it it disconnects you from one server and logs you in on another server.
  • Is it possible to make portals between servers? As in there is a physical location on one server, but when you enter it it disconnects you from one server and logs you in on another server.
    It's possible with Multiverse but I only know that second hand. I'm not sure what happens if the differing servers are running different builds/mods.

• WUB do you have the coords of the new town center? Does anybody?
  • I'd have to log on. Please don't move spawn yet; I need to fix the grid.
  • edited August 2012
    I'd have to log on. Please don't move spawn yet; I need to fix the grid.
    Not going to move spawn. Omnu wants to build a rail station there.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I don't think the anchor at Chic-kil-a is necessary, production is very fast and the visual effect kicks in pretty soon after someone entering.
  • edited August 2012
    I tend to agree and was planning to remove it.

When you place your rail station at the new town site I want to build a steakhouse nearish to it. Now that you've demonstrated how to do the thing properly I think I can handle it. :P

(feeling humbled, *sigh*)
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Also, if you want to make your own magic diamond photosynthsiser, just tell me when I'm in game, I can start on providing you the materiel. You're doing your own making, though. And any grist for the production mill while I'm doing so would be appreciated - Preferably stuff that isn't just 1 EMC, like dirt and so on, but I'll take what you got, it all makes it go faster.
  • edited August 2012

It's possible with Multiverse but I only know that second hand. I'm not sure what happens if the differing servers are running different builds/mods.

Might want to ask Jason he set something up similar awhile back I believe.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Breakfast Club Industries: WE RUN THIS.
  • edited August 2012
    Breakfast Club Industries: WE RUN THIS.
    Muppet: Muppet Enterprises LLC would like to announce our new nuclear capability.

*Fifteen minutes later*

Muppet: HOLY SHIT.
    Muppet: Well, I just obliterated my house.

Churba: Breakfast club heavy industries would like to make a donation. We can replace all your stuff. It should only take about five minutes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • LOL

I DID make the valley a little more interesting... to navigate.
  • I made an island go boom. Victor likes big boom.
    *goes mining for more uranium.*
  • I found the most amazing cave. imageimageimage It's massive too. I've used many stacks of torches and I'm still not done exploring.