This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• Where actually is the new town?
  • I'm not sure of the coords. :) I don't know if the spawn's been moved yet.

Omnutia - I looked it up and a chunk is 16x16. I built quarries MUCH bigger than that and received no diamonds, so something else must be altering their occurrence on the server, or I have a knack for overlapping sections of multiple chunks that contain no diamonds.
  • edited July 2012
    The page on diamonds says you should get 3.097 diamonds per chunk on average.

Going to try some programming. If you find layers 10-16 are one continuous chasm in the future..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2012
    If you find layers 10-16 are one continuous chasm in the future..
    LOL

My largest quarry may have turned up diamonds before it went extinct, but I'll never know as I was compelled to shut it down. ;-)
    Post edited by muppet on
  • What is the best thing to do with diamond?
    Hold a large stock of them in your vaults while slowly releasing small bits of your larger stock to keep prices artificially inflated, while convincing everyone that mod-spawned diamonds are worthless for anything but being broken down for industrial purposes.
    Diamonds are forever. Until you transmute them into raw matter for your alchemical forge.

• edited July 2012
    I wouldn't bother with not spawning items. All these mods are so random in their costs.

With three diamonds, a few redstone and some other resources, I can build a programmable robot that could level the continent (Slowly) and never wears out or needs fuelling.
    Meanwhile trying to make a basic rail line takes stacks of rare resources, e.g. high speed rail needs steel, gold and blaze powder for just one set of rail components.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I wonder whether it's worth the risk to manually add Forestry back to the server. I like some of the stuff I'm reading about in there for my farm...

But, hostile mod coder is hostile...
  • I wouldn't bother with not spawning items. All these mods are so random in their costs.

With three diamonds, a few redstone and some other resources, I can build a programmable robot that could level the continent (Slowly) and never wears out or needs fuelling.
    Meanwhile trying to make a basic rail line takes stacks of rare resources, e.g. high speed rail needs steel, gold and blaze powder for just one stack of 16 tracks.
    You're late to the party. Support for not spawning was pretty powerful, although I get your point.
  • If you want to spawn blocks, then let's not play Minecraft. Just everyone use one of those Minecraft building tools that lets us play like LEGO instead of walking around and such.

I am not opposed to this.
  • If you want to spawn blocks, then let's not play Minecraft. Just everyone use one of those Minecraft building tools that lets us play like LEGO instead of walking around and such.

I am not opposed to this.
    Honestly I prefer to play Minecraft. The game element keeps it interesting for me.

• What are the building tools that let you make whatever you want? I want to try them locally.
  • What are the building tools that let you make whatever you want? I want to try them locally.
    I think you can just put the game in Creative mode locally. I know that if you play Tekkit single player, you can spawn whatever you want from the crafting screen. Just hit the "Options" button on the crafting screen and put it in cheat mode.

• If you switch it to Technic then play single player you can enable spawning blocks from the NEI menu that pops up when you're in your inventory.

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config\NEI.cfg

You need to turn on the cheats in this file.
    I think you can just put the game in Creative mode locally. I know that if you play Tekkit single player, you can spawn whatever you want from the crafting screen. Just hit the "Options" button on the crafting screen and put it in cheat mode.

No, I want an eye in the sky view where I can just click and place blocks like crazy, as if I were playing LEGO. I know people have a tool like that they use to make drawings and other complex things. What is it called?
  • That I don't know. I'm a Minecraft n00b.
  • MCedit.
  • Yo yo.
  • It is uncertain how well MCEdit works with non-Vanilla blocks like Technic/Tekkit.
  • That's nice to know.
  • What are the minimum Tekkit pre-requisites for a massive nuclear blast?
  • Look at some of the videos to understand just what kind of explosion you're dealing with.

Uranium cells, nuclear reactor and some redstone. Place the reactor, add some redstone and make sure it's turned on then part-fill or completely fill the reactor.

Safe distance, turn off redstone.
  • I kind of want my house to be in a huge blast crater.
    I hope you don't mean your shack. I recently found out that my hole is pretty close to that. I really don't want to build my temple to a nuclear explosion site.

• edited July 2012
    I kind of want my house to be in a huge blast crater.
    I hope you don't mean your shack. I recently found out that my hole is pretty close to that. I really don't want to build my temple to a nuclear explosion site.
    Here I thought my shack was remote, but everybody keeps finding it. I need to move. ;-)

If you're digging around there, you'll probably intersect my mine. I'm planning to turn the meadow east of my house into a farm.
    Post edited by muppet on
    Here I thought my shack was remote, but everybody keeps finding it. I need to move. ;-)
    Well I thought my hole was remote, so it makes sense.

• What are the minimum Tekkit pre-requisites for a massive nuclear blast?
    Four uranium ingots and five gunpowder, use the ingots in place of sand like you would for TNT. You only need a compressor to build a nuke.

Also, I really wish that there was a block to convert EU to EMC. It'd obviate the need for a Mass Fabricator entirely. I guess I could use an oil generator and then pump oil into an Energy Condenser.

• edited July 2012
    What is the best thing to do with diamond?
    Transmute it into other things with a condenser.
    build a diamond mining drill! it won't break & you can keep recharging it. don't waste those diamonds, they make good shit.
    Also, I really wish that there was a block to convert EU to EMC. It'd obviate the need for a Mass Fabricator entirely. I guess I could use an oil generator and then pump oil into an Energy Condenser.
    hmm what happens if i connect an engine generator to the condenser and put the wireless pipe on it....?
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Nothing; condensers don't accept EU. They need a matter intermediate. But, EU can be converted to lava and oil, which are highly valuable in EMC. So that's my project for tonight.
  • edited July 2012
    I accidentally made a shitload of iron furnaces rather than machine blocks :( They won't macerate. Halp!
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I accidentally made a shitload of iron furnaces rather than machine blocks :( They won't macerate. Halp!
    Those iron furnaces WILL BE YOUR TOMB!