This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Horrible Tragedy of Your Day

Comments

• Sounds like you need to find another bike shop.
  • Or just craigslist a POS bike for 30 bones.
  • Sounds like you need to find another bike shop.
    Nah, this is the first time I've hand any issues with them. Over the dozens of times I've been there over these past four years, I've gotten nothing short of the best customer service I've ever had. These guys are awesome, it's just my bike is old and is in dire need of replacement.
    Or just craigslist a POS bike for 30 bones.
    Nope, if I get a bike it needs to last me a long while. Once I'm done with college, I'll likely be moving to a city. A good bike will be necessary.
    Nope, if I get a bike it needs to last me a long while. Once I'm done with college, I'll likely be moving to a city. A good bike will be necessary.
    but it will probably cost less than constant repair for the next 4 months.

Tragedy == this cat is not mine.
  • The vending machine ran out of my favorite snack.
  • My phone occasionally loses its 4G signal, forcing me to deal with 3G and thus streaming music at a lower bitrate to avoid interruption.
    You sarcasm, but that really is the case. This string of going back and forth to the shop is such a freak event. Most of the time I go there for a repair maybe once every few months and I only end up paying $5.

Besides... I wuv my bike...

• What type of bike do you have, dude?
  • I went to a "creative conference focusing on design, inspiration, & innovation" and there was very little design covered (my main reason for attending), and the only time that innovation was covered was on the topic of advertising.
  • I went to a "creative conference focusing on design, inspiration, & innovation" and there was very little design covered (my main reason for attending), and the only time that innovation was covered was on the topic of advertising.
    welcome to my world. 50% of design school was marketing... and not very good instruction regarding marketing.
  • What type of bike do you have, dude?
    The blue version of this bike.
    And here's a picture of someone else's.

It's six or seven years old and has served me well.
  • Mongoose makes decent full suspensions at their price point. Be pride, son.
  • I need to get a bike.
  • I need to tune up my bike and actually use it. I think I need a special seat now to accommodate medical issues I didn't have when I used to ride, though... :-/
  • I was cleaning/disinfecting my water bottle with boiling water and the top exploded off and sent water all over my chest and hand. I am really lucky I was wearing a shirt and that I ripped that shit off quick..Otherwise it would be much worse.
  • I was cleaning/disinfecting my water bottle with boiling water and the top exploded off and sent water all over my chest and hand. I am really lucky I was wearing a shirt and that I ripped that shit off quick..Otherwise it would be much worse.
    You boiled water in a sealed container? Or did you pour boiling water into it and then put the top on?

Tragedy == this cat is not mine.
    I didn't know Deathstroke had a cat.
  • Is that not a shoop?
  • Nope. Very real: Chimera cat.
    You boiled water in a sealed container? Or did you pour boiling water into it and then put the top on?

I poured the boiling water into the container then put the lid on. The top twists on, then has a hinge to open and close the mouth piece.
  • Republican Convention.
  • Clint Eastwood was physically painful to watch.
  • I'm hungry.
  • Clint Eastwood was physically painful to watch.
    I'm purposefully not watching because I don't want my imagine of him to be harmed.
  • edited August 2012
    I did not see him. What happened? I heard that he sounded senile. Is that true or was someone joking?
    edit: Wait did someone on here call him senile? I can not remember.
    edit: Watching it now.. Wow he seems crazy as ball!
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Clint isn't a Republican to begin with. He's pro-choice and pro-gay rights. He's also wily as a fox;I personally believe that it could have all could have been a masterful put-on.
  • edited August 2012
    I am waiting for him to pull a gun and growl, "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
    And what is all this crap about Obama driving a plane to colleges to speak.... Is he talking about Air Force One? You know, the presidents plane? The plane that past presidents have used and the plane that Mitt Romeny will use if he wins? Does he think Mitt Romeny will just fly coach on United Airlines?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • It has to be a put-on. Clint Eastwood is too intelligent for this.
  • It has to be a put-on. Clint Eastwood is too intelligent for this.
    Cling tenaciously to those naieve hopes!

• I don't know why I was surprised when Chuck Norris turned out to be a brainless Right Wing zombie, but I was, a little.