This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• Ooh, same. I've played the supernova expansion once, and it ratcheted up the tension in a good way. Wasn't there another expansion?
  • Pax nightmares have started. Apparently I'm scared of my (now dead for five years) dog coming back and eating my board game bits.
  • edited February 2013
    Okay, I gave in and I bought the Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients expansion, so I can supply that.

The real question is - anyone bringing Tammany Hall?
    Post edited by pence on
  • Okay, I gave in and I bought the Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients expansion, so I can supply that.

Is it out yet?
  • Okay, I gave in and I bought the Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients expansion, so I can supply that.

Is it out yet?
    It's off the boat and with their distributor, so people should be getting their copies pretty soon. Will def have them by PAX. I'd love to play this.

Is it out yet?
    It's off the boat and with their distributor, so people should be getting their copies pretty soon. Will def have them by PAX. I'd love to play this.

Let me know when I can buy one.
  • I'll probably bring my slightly fixed-up copy of Eclipse (pulsar, supernova, rota, population trays). I'm all for another into-the-late-hours game of it. The game we had Monday night was pretty fun at Prime.
  • The chance for me going to PAX is about 10% depending on some variables, however the good news is that I can bring all the Games that you saw at MAGFest and then some for some ST gaming or hotel room party gaming.
  • I'll probably bring my slightly fixed-up copy of Eclipse (pulsar, supernova, rota, population trays). I'm all for another into-the-late-hours game of it. The game we had Monday night was pretty fun at Prime.
    I concur! That was perhaps the second best game of Eclipse I've ever played! (I've played two. Both were excellent.)
  • My [E] status is confirmed. Let's see how this goes.
  • My [E] status is confirmed. Let's see how this goes.
    Same here. I also was invited onto a Saturday 10AM panel, so now I wait to see if that will conflict with my shift or not. I only accepted the panel spot w/ the condition the guy running it knows I will back out if I need to [E].

• For most part from what I recall, you can work with the head of the department you're assigned to to trade shifts or work a different shift. People trade shifts all the time. So if you really want to make the panel, just let them know ahead of time.

Also I had a PAX dream that I went to PAX on Friday, but completely skipped out on Saturday to hang out with family. PAX dreams. So weird.
  • edited February 2013
    Also I had a PAX dream that I went to PAX on Friday, but completely skipped out on Saturday to hang out with family. PAX dreams. So weird.
    Was Scott not macking it to women in this one?

Post edited by Matt on
  • My PAX dreams too-often involve not actually being able to get to/attend PAX.
  • Also I had a PAX dream that I went to PAX on Friday, but completely skipped out on Saturday to hang out with family. PAX dreams. So weird.
    Was Scott not macking it to women in this one?
    No, but I do recall reading my Twitter feed and seeing tweets from him and various people. Scott's Tweets were about him winning some contest at PAX that's similar to that Korean game show that he watches.
  • It looks like a friend's bachelor party is going to be at Prime 2013 .
  • That is a great bachelor party. Mine was supposed to be Prime 2007 but I didn't wind up making it out to Seattle until 2010 and 2011. Hoping to get back someday.

When I was at Toy Fair yesterday, I found out that they overlapped PAX East directly with the GAMA Trade Show this year, which is going to put a hit in tabletop expo. GAMA is the yearly event where publishers sell their wares to distributors and individual hobby/game/comic shop owners, so they take it pretty seriously. I know Fantasy Flight won't be at PAX b/c of it, and Steve Jackson Games will have a reduced presence.

Speaking of Steve Jackson, that castle-building game Castellan is finally coming out. It got bumped by Ogre but they have early copies of the final product now, and the full print run should be on shelves by June.
  • Fantasy Flight won't be at East at all? We'll have to organize some Netrunner on our own. Since I'm [E] now, maybe I can work with PAX: TT to run a tournament.
  • edited February 2013
    Fantasy Flight won't be at East at all? We'll have to organize some Netrunner on our own. Since I'm [E] now, maybe I can work with PAX: TT to run a tournament.
    You better get on the [E] forums and check out the TT section and recommend it! :P

That is lame they won't be there at all. They should have some presence.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Could probably pull that off. Have you heard back on [E]? I got the email last week and sent my stuff in, but no confirmation or anything. Waiting for access to that forum and such.

• I got basic forum access almost immediately this morning. All I see are posts not relevant to me at the moment. Went to IRC, found out that there's just nothing to be done yet.
  • Could probably pull that off. Have you heard back on [E]? I got the email last week and sent my stuff in, but no confirmation or anything. Waiting for access to that forum and such.
    The acceptance email? Just chill, PRD will get to you in time.
  • I got basic forum access almost immediately this morning. All I see are posts not relevant to me at the moment. Went to IRC, found out that there's just nothing to be done yet.
    If you haven't sent in your shirt request yet, that should be up.

I'm in the forum and everything. I'm beginning to think maybe I should try to just do all my shifts in Tabletop Tournament. Since I know the rules to almost all the games, I could actually be really useful at judging and such. I could also perhaps influence the tournament schedule.
  • If you haven't sent in your shirt request yet, that should be up.
    Form for it closed on the 5th. I'm guessing there's a separate run for the new people or something.
  • It is. With your acceptance, I think you had to say your shirt size or something. The form was only for us cool kids where were already [E].
  • Acceptance letter didn't ask for shirt size, but I'm pretty sure it was in the application, so they already know. You cool kids only need to be asked if you still fit in your clothes from last year.
  • Yeah. I'm getting pumped for PAX. For reals. It sucks we aren't at the Westin this year, but I guess we can just haul games over there if they still have those open tables.

I also don't think we're going to bring Dominion. It's just too much. We'll definitely bring the Kickstarter games.

Man, I just realized that it's going to be even more of a pain to bring games since we aren't at the Westin.
  • Yeah. I'm getting pumped for PAX. For reals. It sucks we aren't at the Westin this year, but I guess we can just haul games over there if they still have those open tables.

I also don't think we're going to bring Dominion. It's just too much. We'll definitely bring the Kickstarter games.

Man, I just realized that it's going to be even more of a pain to bring games since we aren't at the Westin.
    All you need is Netrunner.
  • For reals. I'll play that a lot, but I want to bring the Kickstarter games:

1. Viva Java
    2. Ground Floor
    3. Skyline

Others:
    4. Indigo (maybe)

I'll talk with Jeremy and we'll figure something out. Just lugging around a suitcase full of games is going to kinda suck. I wonder if we can have the Westin Bellhop hold onto them. Or, I can have an [E] stick it in E-land for us. Hmm.......