This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• So, they raised the minimum enforcer age from 16 to 18. This isn't a problem for me, but almost all of my friends (hell, almost all of my school) needed to enforce to get a badge, and now can't. No me gusta.
    Grow up. Literally.
  • I may or may not be attending (it's dependent upon the specific date of my qualifying exams).
  • edited December 2012
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • So, they raised the minimum enforcer age from 16 to 18. This isn't a problem for me, but almost all of my friends (hell, almost all of my school) needed to enforce to get a badge, and now can't. No me gusta.
    Grow up. Literally.
    They should make it 21 and roll a few kegs into Enforcer land. I'd sign back up.
    Grow up. Literally.
  • I'm surprised they even allowed under-18 Enforcers ever. That's a HUGE liability.
  • I'm officially not going to PAX-E this year. My qualifying exams are the next week and I really need to study.
  • You will be missed. Kinda hoping to [E], but I really hate the application limbo.
  • I will play a hand of dominion for ya buddy.
  • You will be missed. Kinda hoping to [E], but I really hate the application limbo.
    Limbo should be ending soon.

• This is really sneaking up on me. I feel like PAX East just happened! My mind is already on AUS.
  • Yeah, I need to get my money and plane tickets together. Really excited to finally meet you wonderful people!
  • Really excited to finally meet you wonderful people!
    :(

• Really excited to finally meet you wonderful people!
    :(
    Don't fret, bb. I'm driving to DC to visit family after I graduate. I'll detour through Georgia and buy you a beer.
  • I can't wait for the hotel room to come together - shit will be so cash, the Secret Service will investigate us for counterfeiting.
  • I can't wait for the hotel room to come together - shit will be so cash, the Secret Service will investigate us for counterfeiting.
    What does this refer to?
  • edited January 2013
    Last I checked, Yoshokatana, WuB, Trogdor, ProfPangloss, and I were going to be sharing a hotel room.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited January 2013
    I'M STOKED RIGHT NOW

dude dude try these nachos
    Last I checked, Yoshokatana, WuB, Trogdor, ProfPangloss, and I were going to be sharing a hotel room.
    Yep.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • This is really sneaking up on me. I feel like PAX East just happened! My mind is already on AUS.
    PAX East feels like forever ago for me, but this next one still seems so far away even though we're around 70 days left now. I have a few smaller gaming events coming up, but this is def the next major event on the calendar. The announcement machine will fire up soon and then we can get all hyped.
  • Last I checked, Yoshokatana, WuB, Trogdor, ProfPangloss, and I were going to be sharing a hotel room.
    Yep.
    Yep. I need to get your guys's emails so I can see when you're staying and calculate money things.
  • Andrew, I am very sad. Will Lyddi still be able to go? Let me know we can chat tomorrow.
  • I believe Lyddi is still planning on going.
  • Last I checked, Yoshokatana, WuB, Trogdor, ProfPangloss, and I were going to be sharing a hotel room.
    Yep.
    Yep. I need to get your guys's emails so I can see when you're staying and calculate money things.
    I messaged you on Facebook. GeekRoom Prime gonna get buck wild, y'all.
  • What was once stuffily described as a “Keynote” but is now referred to by the vastly more humane “Storytime” will be officiated by none other than Cliff Bleszinski, who has seen a lot of shit and is in a very good position to handle this format.

I also have information on the bands we’ve got on tap for Friday and Saturday; there are many old favorites, but I’ve placed some strategic hyperlinks to help with the others.

Friday’s got:
    VGO
    Those Who Fight
    Protomen

Saturday will feature:
    Sam Hart
    Frontalot
    Jonathan Coulton
    Paul and Storm
    (CW)TB
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/01/09/pax-east-2013-stuffs
  • I get that Cliffy B is a character. I even follow him on twitter. Not exactly a guy I want to listen to for an hour. Maybe I'm wrong and it'll be awesome.
  • Holy shit they changed the line up, which means that MAGfest is still the superior venue for music (or Jamspace at PAX for cool people).
  • Exactly what I was thinking. MAGfest has a WAY better music situation.
  • Lineup is still mostly the same. MAGFest is now unbeatable thanks to Machinae Supremacy. Don't care for CliffyB or the change to "storytime", but will go anyway.
  • Lineup is still mostly the same.
    Yeah I don't get this. You don't have the same keynote speaker every year, why would you have a nearly identical music lineup every year? Change it up!
  • Lineup is still mostly the same.
    Yeah I don't get this. You don't have the same keynote speaker every year, why would you have a nearly identical music lineup every year? Change it up!
    They have good reasons that they've been extremely open about every year. ;^)