This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• Got my flight booked, see you there. 1st MAGFest!
  • Oh shit son! Does this mean... are we going to sit down and play a game? ;^)
  • Not sure, I'll be shadowing some of the staff, but I'm sure we can get a game in that doesn't involve hitting moose across the floor.
  • AaronC said:

Not sure, I'll be shadowing some of the staff, but I'm sure we can get a game in that doesn't involve hitting moose across the floor.

When in doubt go with Jean Sebastian Joust.
  • It appears that it is going to be tight in the car but most of my games should be coming down with me. Dominion big box may be left behind so that Ogre can join in.
  • What's the name of the convention app? I'm blanking on it.
  • Will be there, pumped to play some games! :D Probably going to be there early (since I live but 20 minutes away.) Are there any plans for gaming-before-gaming-room-opens like last time?
  • Jordan O. said:

Guidebook.

That's the one, thanks.
  • I guess the real question for me would be if I bring Tigris and Euphrates would anyone want to play it?
  • Lt. Chibi said:

Will be there, pumped to play some games! :D Probably going to be there early (since I live but 20 minutes away.) Are there any plans for gaming-before-gaming-room-opens like last time?

Most likely at our pre con party.
  • Jordan O. said:

I guess the real question for me would be if I bring Tigris and Euphrates would anyone want to play it?

I will play it with you.

• Jordan O. said:

I guess the real question for me would be if I bring Tigris and Euphrates would anyone want to play it?

I've never played, so I'll probably join in, unless it's one of those games that's SUPER OBNOXIOUS to play with a newbie.
  • edited December 2013
    I wouldn't say it is super easy, but after you see how it plays for a turn or two I think most people should be able to pick it up.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Coldguy said:

Lt. Chibi said:

Will be there, pumped to play some games! :D Probably going to be there early (since I live but 20 minutes away.) Are there any plans for gaming-before-gaming-room-opens like last time?

Is that an open-room kind of situation, or just-folks-we-know kind of thing?
  • Lt. Chibi said:

Coldguy said:

Lt. Chibi said:

Is that an open-room kind of situation, or just-folks-we-know kind of thing?
    Somewhat open room just people who know how to contact us will get the "deets" as they say.
  • edited December 2013

Everything has been packed and ready to go going to bring over 50 board games with me to ensure table topping be off the hook. Bonus: Table flipping no where near table topping.

I feel so bad for the third person who is coming with us, so little room in the back seat...

Also do not forget PreMAG party at our place.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I am packing and getting ready today. So much to do. Will head out in the morning. Looking forward to seeing and hanging out with everyone tomorrow afternoon/evening.
  • Just a reminder that if you want in on the GroupMe, lemme know.
  • IT'S HAPPENING.

When are you guys showing up? Gonna be showing my face around noon or one, will be searching for board game opponents and general chilling before things get crazy.
  • Much Mag
    Such music
    Wow

This is for Scott

• edited January 2014
    Dude, that was such a great setlist. I exploded during Rocket Dragon.

MAGFest was great. I expected better sound work (Vocals were too soft for just about every group I heard that had them, minus one or two), and the lack of paper schedules was really frustrating for me personally (No smartphone and couldn't get internet access anywhere). I also needed to research food better.

But it's definitely the best con (IT'S A FESTIVAL WHATEVER) I've been to.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • No complaints, but they didn't play my favorite song of theirs.

• Axel said:

But it's definitely the best con (IT'S A FESTIVAL WHATEVER) I've been to.

The con staff has finally capitulated and started calling it a con.

Also, it looks like they're planning on capping attendance next year based on projected annual growth. FYI. Get your tix and hotel rooms early.

• Hmm...Cap is unsurprising for now, it is getting huge. And any more years of MaSu or similarly large bands will keep drawing a crowd.

I guess I'll try and figure out early if I'm able to go.
  • That would be for the best probably, I feel like the arcade was a real pain in the ass this year. Maybe there were less machines too tho?? I usually play a bunch of spyhunter cause I like it a lot + its typically open, but even that had someone on it most times I was there. Tabletop set up was excellent tho imo.
  • The videos are starting to come online.

• All of the concerts are saved on MAGFest's Twitch. Been rewatching them for nostalgia.
  • Don't forget Magfest2 channel for the stage 2 stuff.