This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Fantasy Flight has a whole slew of products for their LCGs. Netrunner is not the first. There may not be themed ones, but the basic card boxes work just fine.

They also have special themed sleeves for their other LCGs like Star Wars or Game of Thrones.

Link.

Edit: Also if you want the FF card sleeves, you want the "gray" label ones of standard size.

Also, Jeremy made me realize that I was playing Shipment from Kaguya incorrectly. I was using my own credits to advance cards instead of just placing advancement tokens. Is this correct?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I remember a pile of us were looking for deckboxes good for A:NR at PAX. Everything is either generic fantasy or M:TG specific. I just ended up emptying out some of the intro deckboxes that they were throwing at people and shoving my decks into them.

That's one kinda side issue with Netrunner right now: There's no real accessory products available yet.
    A lot of people use the official Fantasy Flight boxes. They can hold two decks and also have a plastic thing on the bottom to hold your counters.

Fantasy Flight Games Deck Boxes (Blue)

This box is also really popular here in NYC. I have two of them, so I can hold four decks. I just realized yesterday that you can actually take the individual deck boxes outside of the big box.

Monster Protectors Trading Card Double Deck Box with Self-locking Magnetic Closure - Black (Fits Yugioh, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering Cards)

What other accessory do you need?
  • Nothing I saw at PAX seemed particularly geared for NetRunner, either design-wise or storage-wise. That first deck box is pretty awesome, I'll probably snag one when I get the chance. I tend to find Monster stuff way overpriced for what you get ($30 binders, etc.), so I tend to avoid them.
  • What exactly do you people look for in a Deck Box or Boxes?
    I don't know what other people look for. I look for a container that holds cards in a compact and easily portable fashion.
    Either solid ascetic, or solid design. I have a nice wood box I picked up at PAX for "favorite" decks, otherwise deck boxes tend to be thematically related to their contents (red boxes tend to contain red decks, etc.).

That said, quality obviously goes over design. A flimsy but cool looking box will always be passed over for a plain but sturdy one.
    I don't know what other people look for. I look for a container that holds cards in a compact and easily portable fashion.
  • I just hope Fantasy Flight doesn't do what Dominion did and go through Goko to enable online play.
    I agree with not using Goko. They have been hilariously behind on their release for Dominion. Playdek, although I am not sure how on schedule they tend to be, has produced high quality apps for a couple of different card games, including the app for Ascension.
    As far as the deck box I am using for my decks, I am using the Fantasy Flight deck box http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-Boxes-Black/dp/161661370X
    It has a small box on the bottom to store counters. It may not store all of the counters that come with Netrunner, but it does store 100 sleeved cards, which is enough for a corp and runner deck. I am using some fish tank beads for counters in the bottom to keep track of clicks. For the rest of my counters and spare cards; I am using some Really Useful Boxes
    http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/
    As far as I can tell, theses should be able to be found at most office supply stores, and the card sized ones price between $2 to $3. With the base set, and all expansions; I am using 3 of the Really Useful Boxes for my spare cards, 2 smaller ones for my credits and other counters, and one of the Fantasy Flight Deck boxes for my 2 decks. If I want to build a couple of other decks, then I will buy another FF box or at least one of the cheap $2 plastic ones.
  • I hadn't considered the possibility of a Netrunner subreddit...
  • I hadn't considered the possibility of a Netrunner subreddit...
    Been around awhile.
  • After having the game for a couple months, finally got a chance to play a game with the girlfriend. Since neither of us played before, we just took the basic decks that the manual suggested. She played corp and I the runner. She was kicking my ass 5-0 because I just couldn't seem to draw a single icebreaker, but then we came to a situation where she had no credits left and left her HQ wide open. I ran on her HQ three times in a row and managed to get an agenda card each time, letting me win 8-5. Gonna play again later today and see how that ends up.
  • After having the game for a couple months, finally got a chance to play a game with the girlfriend. Since neither of us played before, we just took the basic decks that the manual suggested. She played corp and I the runner. She was kicking my ass 5-0 because I just couldn't seem to draw a single icebreaker, but then we came to a situation where she had no credits left and left her HQ wide open. I ran on her HQ three times in a row and managed to get an agenda card each time, letting me win 8-5. Gonna play again later today and see how that ends up.
    Cherish those early games... It gets pretty intense once you start to know what you are both doing :)

• Great video, Scott. Just one minor thing: on your Advanced Run you mentioned there is a Trace on the Hunter, you stated you had no link. Kate has a base 1 link. :P

Also, the audio changed that increased the volume greatly. No biggie was a bit surprising.
  • Stop making me want to play Netrunner, I can't afford it...
  • Great video, Scott. Just one minor thing: on your Advanced Run you mentioned there is a Trace on the Hunter, you stated you had no link. Kate has a base 1 link. :P

Also, the audio changed that increased the volume greatly. No biggie was a bit surprising.
    The reason the audio changed is because I voiced over the entire thing while recording. Then I dubbed it over. That last clip of the advanced run was too difficult to dub, so I left it. I recognized that mistake also, but didn't correct that either.
  • Scott... I could have fixed all of that in about five minutes.
  • According to the owner of my FLGS, a lot of people buy LCGs (mostly Lord of the Rings and Netrunner) but no one actually plays there. What the hell, people?

Yesterday I finally got to make some real decks from the core set. I used Noise for runner, which is much more my style than Kate. In the first game I installed two datasuckers early, dropped two cards into HB's unprotected archives, ran it, and scored 4 points worth of agendas. Lesson learned for HB. I've been playing NBN as corp and giving people grief with SanSan City Grid and Red Herrings, which has done a good job protecting R&D and my single remote superfortress. The deck might need some on-demand tagging, though, because I haven't had any occasions to use Closed Accounts. A powered-up Data Raven gives the runner something to be worry about any time he tries to build up enough money to get through a Tollbooth.
  • edited April 2013
    Scott... I could have fixed all of that in about five minutes.
    Sorry, I don't know how to modify the audio recorded by my in-camera microphone to sound like the audio recorded by my PC headset. I also don't know how to dub over a single word or sentence without it sounding like it was inserted as a joke.

Also, please stay sick tomorrow so I can play Netrunner instead of podcasting.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • They don't have to sound the same, but you can at least normalize the volumes between the two so there's no jump in volume. That's far worse than a shift in quality.
  • They don't have to sound the same, but you can at least normalize the volumes between the two so there's no jump in volume. That's far worse than a shift in quality.
    Yeah, I could have done that.
  • Also, please stay sick tomorrow so I can play Netrunner instead of podcasting.
    Nope. You need to talk about PAX and how Rym and I trolled you. ;^)
  • Also, please stay sick tomorrow so I can play Netrunner instead of podcasting.
    Nope. You need to talk about PAX and how Rym and I trolled you. ;^)
    And how ground floor is loooooooong.
  • Also, can't you plug a better microphone into your camera? Sure, a Marantz or the equivalent is probably better, but almost any mic is better than the one included in a consumer-level camera. For less than $200, you could sound almost as good as GeekNights itself.
  • Also, can't you plug a better microphone into your camera? Sure, a Marantz or the equivalent is probably better, but almost any mic is better than the one included in a consumer-level camera. For less than $200, you could sound almost as good as GeekNights itself.
    The microphone in the camera actually sounded better than my gaming headset IMHO.
  • edited April 2013
    Decks are already getting pretty damn scary. This runner deck is nuts. Skip to the end if you want to see his plan...

Edit: Ah, I give up, won't embed.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited April 2013
    Decks are already getting pretty damn scary. This runner deck is nuts. Skip to the end if you want to see his plan...

Edit: Ah, I give up, won't embed.
    Nothing scary there. Just a bunch of people who were really not all that good. The runner was only able to pull that off because the corp let him. The corp had plenty of opportunity to rush an astroscript chain and pressure the runner.
    Post edited by Apreche on