This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Grand Prix Round 1 - CANABALT

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Hmm, so I guess Android and iOS have the same high score table, because I can see you guys on my list.

I can't see a top 5% list or anything like that on Android, though; it only shows the top 100, and the top 100 of all time have 53846m at 100th and 29999m at 1st.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Luke and I are already in top 5% all-time on iOS. So what this means is that FRC forum people are part of the ivory tower of gaming.
    I just had a crazy vision of this thing somehow evolving to beat MLG and all those others, and be recognized as the world gaming championship.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, I see lackofcheese as #1 best runs today on my iPhone. Best runs this week is almost all from this forum.

Later today I will report the new championship scoring scale.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2013
    Can I make a submission with that as the evidence? I can't be bothered taking a photo of that same high score table if you can just look at it.
  • edited March 2013
    Luke and I are already in top 5% all-time on iOS. So what this means is that FRC forum people are part of the ivory tower of gaming.
    5% is more like the village in the valley next to the valley with the ivory tower :P
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Hmm, so I guess Android and iOS have the same high score table, because I can see you guys on my list.

I can't see a top 5% list or anything like that on Android, though; it only shows the top 100, and the top 100 of all time have 53846m at 100th and 29999m at 1st.
    iOS doesn't give you a 5% list or anything, but it tells you personally what the closest 5% grouping you are in. I speak for me and Luke b/c we are separated by less than 100m.

Also, allow me to set the low bar: my 20-month-old daughter got 324 meters by poking at the screen randomly for 2 min. I couldn't believe she got through 3 buildings (through pure luck of course).

• I can set it lower than that. Just to see what would happen, I didn't press anything after it started, and he fell into the first gap. 101 meters.
  • Bought the android version and got to 11321 so-far.
  • I can set it lower than that. Just to see what would happen, I didn't press anything after it started, and he fell into the first gap. 101 meters.
    104 on the android version. Because sometimes I'm too lazy to care. Clearly the android version is biased by at least 3 meters.
  • When does the "Best Runs This Week" chart reset? Tomorrow? Or is it for the last seven days? Because by the end of this FRCFGP, my score from yesterday might be my top run ever, and I want that one to count.
  • When does the "Best Runs This Week" chart reset? Tomorrow? Or is it for the last seven days? Because by the end of this FRCFGP, my score from yesterday might be my top run ever, and I want that one to count.
    We (iOS users) can see you scored it as part of this comp, just submit your all time score before the deadline. I have same problem as well. I don't know the weekly "roll over" date for iOS leader boards.

• edited March 2013
    Just make the submission via e-mail right now. As Scott said, only the last submission is counted, so make sure you don't submit a lower score after it, but resubmit if you beat it.
    Oh, it resets? It's not just last 7 days? Everyone take a bunch of screenshots from it. If it resets, all of our separate screenshots combined will confirm lack of cheating.
  • edited March 2013
    Okay, here's my screenshots of the entire list:
    http://imgur.com/a/64b6v
  • That 32k is just sick Lack. The highest score of all time on Kongregate (as far as I can tell) is just 29,241. Cue .gif of Trinity diving through shattering window...
  • Yeah, but I think it's easier to get higher scores in the mobile version.
  • Might could be - but still.
  • edited March 2013
    Not having access to mobile versions, I don't know if it's worth to keep trying. The difference seems pretty abysmal given that lackofcheese only managed to get 6.141m on kongregate in 953 attempts.
    Post edited by 5ro4 on
  • 10k+ was totally achievable on the PC version.
  • Not having access to mobile versions, I don't know if it's worth to keep trying. The difference seems pretty abysmal given that lackofcheese only managed to get 6.141m on kongregate in 953 attempts.
    Well, I spent most of those attempts experimenting, and my current Kongregate high score is ~9km.
  • Not having access to mobile versions, I don't know if it's worth to keep trying. The difference seems pretty abysmal given that lackofcheese only managed to get 6.141m on kongregate in 953 attempts.
    Well, I spent most of those attempts experimenting, and my current Kongregate high score is ~9km.
    If 9km on Kongregate = 32K on Android then 19K on iOS = 66.5K on Android?

hehe, nah, it's a friendly comp, 32K is still an epic run. I do however, think I will bow out with my 16K at this time :)

• I thought I was good crossing into the quintuple digits. May need to play some more. Even if I left off where I am I feel accomplished.
  • If 9km on Kongregate = 32K on Android then 19K on iOS = 66.5K on Android?
    The iOS version is probably the same, given that they use the same high score table.
  • On Kongregate I was able to hit 15k. I can definitely get higher but just have to put in the time. I think 30k+ on PC is definitely possible given the right amount of skill and a little luck, but it goes back to this being a test of determination.

I don't have access to the mobile version, but I'm not bowing out. You play to win the game!
  • I did find that maintaining a moderate pace helps me best when playing. Fast enough that I can clear all gaps but slow enough I can comprehend what's going on. I still keep managing to clip the tops of windows when they're lower elevation then I am.
  • Moderation is definitely best in my opinion. I've tried to practice getting up to high speeds, and I just can't handle it once I get to the speed where I can leap a tall building with a single bound.
  • The max scores appear to be 299 998 or so.
  • Whoah. Which version is that on?
  • On the games center there's at least one guy with a hundred million meters. Not sure if that's legit?
  • The max scores appear to be 299 998 or so.
    H4X!