This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Attack on Titan

Comments

• 3 hours until new episode.
  • I'll trade a 3 hour wait for a 3 hour long episode.
  • Episode 22 is up! Hopefully this is an episode of pandoras box openings.
  • I liked the fighting.
  • I liked the fighting.
    Levi was completely badass, the dramas was heavy, all good stuffs. No mysteries unravelled as yet hence table flip.

• Sad titan is sad.
  • I liked the fighting.
    Levi was completely badass, the dramas was heavy, all good stuffs. No mysteries unravelled as yet hence table flip.

I want to see Erwin fight, I want to know more about Levi and Erwin's backstory. Could he be more badass than Levi?
  • He is, in his own way.
  • edited September 2013
    If Levi is that skilled but Erwin's subordinate, it's safe to say that Erwin is holding back his badasseries to assume the command position.

Would be cool to see what his fighting skills are. Levi seems to be able to go super sonic.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Watched about 3 or 4 episodes. So far, the thing that has stuck out the most to me is the fact that it seems like everyone is at 1000% intensity all the time. Eren is screaming nonstop, and it's a little tiresome. Mikasa seems to be the only quiet one. I might just be tone-deaf to Japanese, but it sure seems overdone. I haven't seen too much anime, maybe there's Japanese/anime tropes where the brother is crazy go nuts and the sister is the mirror opposite? I really hope there's a more charitable interpretation than "have all the voice actors yell constantly," or "we're going to get bad voice actors."

I've watched subbed anime before though, and it didn't seem like everyone was full-throttle emotion all the time. I'm thinking GITS:SAC, Death Note, trying to remember if I've seen any other subbed animes. Could someone more familiar tell me if I'm crazy, or the voice acting is just wack?
  • You would be full on all the time as well if there were giants attacking you. The real reason for the intensity is because the story skips over pretty much every part of the story where there aren't titans attacking. There were years of safety, and they just fast foward over that shit.
  • Yea I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be as laid back as I am if Titan's were walking around eating my friends all day....
  • The story also focuses on the people who interact with the titans. Notice how all the normal people further inside are living completely normal lives and are completely chill (except the priests)?
  • You would be full on all the time as well if there were giants attacking you. The real reason for the intensity is because the story skips over pretty much every part of the story where there aren't titans attacking. There were years of safety, and they just fast foward over that shit.
    Three-dimensional are occasional bits of calm and room to breathe, like the military training episodes. But I don't fault anyone thinking that the show is to intense. I kinda agree with that myself, when it's Titan fighting time there's just too much death and destruction for it to register on emotional level. By the time you register one tragic death, three more have died.
  • edited September 2013
    You would be full on all the time as well if there were giants attacking you.
    Oh I get it, I mean more stuff like, "hey you have some food stuck in your teeth." "WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME? I HAVEN'T EATEN IN OVER AN HOUR!"

Ok, that was a silly example, but it feels like there's no dynamic range to the dialog. Even in a charged speech, say, motivating the troops, there's a natural rhythm, maybe rise and fall of tension? There's probably a linguistics term for that I don't know. Even over the span of a sentence, words have different inflection. If it's in AoT, I can't hear it.

What I want:

What I hear:
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • 1) I WAS RIGHT! Of course.

2) OMG How awesome is it that the main characters were not stupid and figured things out on their own? What show pulls that shit?
  • edited September 2013
    MUUUH FUKKIN ATTACK ON TITAN

lovin this shet!

Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Where do the titans all get their hair cut?
  • I LOL'ed.
  • Who's that sleeping?
  • Who's that sleeping?
    Judging by the sweat and hair color, I'm going to say Bertholdt.
  • I like everything in this picture. Where did Armin get all those pillows to make that fort? lol
  • Okay, the plot twist in the latest episode, am I the only one who didn't see it coming? I didn't see much evidence for it and the conversation that revealed it seemed abstract till Mikasa just called her out.