This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Attack on Titan

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I think when the female titan first attacked Armin, he recognised her and put 2-n-2 together.

Also when the female titan escaped capture, Erwin was already anticipating her next move.

Also they were already seeking a traitor, from when the 2 captured titans were killed.

Returning from their 'failed' mission outside the walls was sort of a mask.

What the mission revealed was the identity of the female titan.

Also it revealed the abilites of 'human piloted' titans. So in that, it was a success. It just wasn't expected.

I think the original plan was mainly to test Eren's titan abilities and to attempt to capture the armoured titan. Or the human titan, woteva they're called.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • So.... we're 2 episodes in.. and while the visuals are great, it looks like yet another lame fighting-drama anime like Soul Eater or any of a dozen Eva rip offs that miss the soul of the original and just go for huge battles between monstrous opponents... what's the draw?

I did LOL at the censored bread, above, though...
  • edited September 2013
    @muppet

I remember knowing I was sticking with the show in the long haul, when very early on about a few episodes in, the show, despite all the shounen trappings, makes sure, in very graphic detail, to show that the danger to all the characters are very real. People get killed off, not in dramatized fashion, but in a very realistic, holy shit I made a simple mistake or decision and now I'm dead-fashion.

It's one of those shows where I would not put it past the story to kill off any of the main 3 protagonists, to make a point. I have never been made to believe that in other series, even great ones like Full Metal Alchemist. That and it does not shy away from making fans fall in love with certain characters, and then killing them off.

It's almost like watching Game of thrones...not the entire series of course, but the strong episodes make all the others worth it in my opinion. The last few episodes (I'm caught up at ep 23 now) have been amazingly strong, well crafted, dealing both heavy emotional punches of tragedy, and really breathtaking action.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • Odd, my experience with Attack on Titan was completely opposite. I was really interested at the beginning and from there my interest went down and now I have a backlog of several episodes and no real interest towards them. (Thought the fact that I read the manga and know what happens is partial reason for that.)
  • Turnabout Female Titan: Annie breakdown

• Odd, my experience with Attack on Titan was completely opposite. I was really interested at the beginning and from there my interest went down and now I have a backlog of several episodes and no real interest towards them.
    This is where I'm at 14 eps in. The decompression of the story is killing me.
  • The internet gets slightly better everyday
  • Baccano / ATOT
    Top effort!

• Episode 25: Attack on religion

Titan wins
  • Yeah I thought that part at the beginning was funny too. Also I like how it seemed kind of like a commentary on Mecha shows. It actually shows lots of people being stepped on and crushed rather than just nameless buildings that are magically repaired in the next episode.
  • Why aren't more fictions like this?
  • There was no preview this time. Hiatus?
  • There was no preview this time. Hiatus?
    End of season. Season 2 coming not soon.

• edited September 2013
    I thought 13 episodes is a season? Hence the change in opening & ending theme
  • I thought 13 episodes is a season? Hence the change in opening & ending theme
    Anime change openers all the time.
  • edited September 2013
    The opening/ ending changes just so happen to be half way through the 'season' I made that assumption. Technically there's no seasons, it's just a long story broken into episodes and production cycles.

So 13 episodes is 1 production cycle. There'll probably be 2 more? So 50 episodes give or take... maybe I don't know.

Where as anime like Dragonball, Fist of the North Star have sagas which can be defined as seasons.
  • Just so happened to be half way through the 'season' I made that assumption. Technically there's no seasons, it's just a long story broken into episodes and production cycles.

So 13 episodes is 1 production cycle. There'll probably be 2 more? So 50 episodes give or take... maybe I don't know.

Where as anime like Dragonball, Fist of the North Star have sagas which can be defined as seasons.
    The season and production cycle for AoT is 26 episodes. They simply changed the opener, as do many many anime.
  • edited September 2013
    koo

the other reason I made that assumption is Big O almost got cancelled after it's first 13, which kind of explains the wild change in direction with the 2nd half of the season which ended sooner than I believe it should/ could have.

Also that last ass delay between the first half and second half while God knows what was happening to the fiction behind close doors to get it back on 'track'.
  • Forgot to mention, ending of episode 25...

OH SHIT!!! WOT!??
  • Aimee keeps sending me fanfic. I am not aroused!
  • Episode 25- clues

'The 3 goddess' who built the walls', possibly transcendent human controlled titans?

'Titans in the walls' like the religious people standing arms locked together in a ring, titans literally make up the 3 walls, arms locked together. The stones walls just hide them?

Theory-
    Titans are immortal vessels, they can be occupied and controlled by other beings who have enough will power. Since humans are proportionally smaller to titans, only severally emotionally motivated humans are able to assume control.

Long ago, life on this Earth like planet, there was peaceful coexistence between humans and titans. However Humans found a way to use Titans as a weapon of war. To protect humanity Maria, Rose, Sina (biggest baddest Titan warriors) ordered the smaller titans to wall in the remaining population of humanity.

Except the war isn't over...

Titans come from space?
  • I had never considered that Maria, Rose, and Sina were ever real people/titans as opposed to just arbitrary symbols. OF COURSE.

Also, at what point did anyone say anything about titans IN the walls?
  • I had never considered that Maria, Rose, and Sina were ever real people/titans as opposed to just arbitrary symbols. OF COURSE.

Did you watch the last episode?

Yes.

Yes.
    All the way through, beyond ending credits?

• edited October 2013
    End of the episode = Titan in the wall

Also the intermission clues

I also at think that they are arbitrary symbols, but there's alot that humanity doesn't know themselves. So the religion might actually be based on information that was once true in some way, just over time that information was distorted since it was not complete information.

So while there's symbology around those 3 names, and the walls, there might actually be 'real' connections to the history.