This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kill la Kill

Comments

• HMTKSteve said:

Well that was an interesting direction for the show to go in.

Now it's time for Kill la Yasha (only hopefully much shorter).
  • WAY STATUS:
    [ ] LOST
    [ ] NOT LOST
    [X] AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING OCEAN
  • edited January 2014
    Well, this was certainly not the twist I was expecting.

But, given the show so far, the Kill la Yasha will only go on for the next three episodes or so, and then they'll throw another curveball at us.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • It's okay, guys. Now Ryuuko will have to accept help from Nudist Beach and we'll get to see what they're all about.
    And also what kind of toys they have.
  • Apreche said:

Eyebrow game strong

That is perhaps the funniest thing I have read all day.
  • Random thought: Mako's just been sent out on the raid trip without a Goku uniform. Could they possibly give her the fight club uniform again?
    (Almost certainly not but please oh please I want to see it again)
  • That was the fasted Inu Yasha I have ever seen. If the actual Inu Yasha had recollected that much crystal in one episode, it might be the best anime ever. Too bad.

Also, Mako X Kenshiro is all I ever needed in life.
  • Just started watching this. It's... I dunno what this is.
  • muppet said:

Just started watching this. It's... I dunno what this is.

I'ts an anime series about girl who beats people up in order to find the person or people responsible of her fathers death. It's not that complicated.

• Well yeah, I gathered that part. My confusion comes more from "Who the fuck would animate something like this?" But then, to be fair, there's way weirder, more contrived shit out there than this.
  • Now this is a show that knows how to do an Inuyasha.

Also, I've been waiting for it, and Aikuro finally taking his clothes off was spectacular.
  • I thought the glove was not part of the suit?
  • The glove is part of the suit - it is, after all, how she activates it.
  • I thought the glove was given to her by someone as an easy way to make herself bleed?
  • Uh... it got assimilated? Makes as much sense as anything else in this show.
  • Episode 2 at the 14 minute mark. Aikuro Mikisugi gives her the glove to aid her in feeding blood to Senketsu.
  • I see two explantions. One is that maybe Senketsu made the glove a part of himself, added some of the stole lifefibers there and such. Alternatively Satsuki doesn't only have the glove, but also an patch somewhere.
  • I was thinking of the patch too but isn't her uniform also 100% life fibers?
  • HMTKSteve said:

I was thinking of the patch too but isn't her uniform also 100% life fibers?

She could just have a patch in her pocket and use it as a handkerchief.

• edited January 2014
    Rym said:

Viethra said:

I'd been wondering what you guys thought of all that Krahulik stuff and I am so relieved that you disapprove of his little "incidents".

The trans issue, however, is complicated. Bear in mind that Mike's opinion is actually very much in line with a good chunk of modern feminism's view on transsexuals who have moved male to female.
    The problem with his statements is that gender and sex are not the same thing. There is a difference between claiming to be a female mammal, and claiming to be a human woman. Trans women aren't trying to convince society their dna contains this molecule or that molecule, they've made a choice about their identity. Anyone who thinks trans people believe in some weird magic sex change process that retroactively grants them 2 X chromosomes is daft. The debate is about gender, not sex. Feminists who don't acknowledge mtf persons as women are behind the times and need to open their minds if they want their movement to keep pushing society forward instead of holding it back. That isn't the kind of feminist I want to be.
    Post edited by Viethra on
  • Rym said:

All analysis is aftermarket. God (the author) is dead for all intents and purposes: only the work exists.

When I write something, I always keep in mind that I am simultaneously penning twin texts. First, is the text from my hand to the page, which I have full control over. Second, is that text which the reader experiences. My text is indestructible, but it is also impotent against that which the reader experiences. Basically, I believe that a writer's work and the text that is read coexist. In a way, no one can read a text as it was written, because only the author fully understands their intentions. So, everyone that consumes a work contributes to it, while obscuring the original text. You could say that books reproduce in that way. When you read a book, you kind of write a new one. That doesn't change that the original still exists.
  • Viethra said:

The trans issue, however, is complicated. Bear in mind that Mike's opinion is actually very much in line with a good chunk of modern feminism's view on transsexuals who have moved male to female.

Can I request a clarification on that point? I've seen a "good chunk" on both the correct and the hateful sides.

• I've debated with many fairly mainstream feminists who strongly believe that female-identifying men, even post-operative, should not be recognized as such for bathrooms, locker rooms, or identification.
  • Rym said:

I've debated with many fairly mainstream feminists who strongly believe that female-identifying men, even post-operative, should not be recognized as such for bathrooms, locker rooms, or identification.

What is their rational?
  • Rym said:

I've debated with many fairly mainstream feminists who strongly believe that female-identifying men, even post-operative, should not be recognized as such for bathrooms, locker rooms, or identification.

I suspected so, but I thought better to ask than assume.
    HMTKSteve said:

What is their rational?

That's a tricky one, it's a bit like asking a bunch of rock-and-roll fans which band is the best rock band ever - ask ten, you'll have thirty different answers. There are a few more common or well-known stances, though, and I'm sourcing these(Much like many modern anti-trans feminists do) from the usual retinue of famous and respected figures in the feminist movement:

- That gender, sex, and gender roles are are inextricably linked to one's genitals or other physical characteristics. Which often is linked to...

- That many gender reassignment surgeries or plastic surgeries to change gender appearance are just surgical mutilation.

- That the Psychiatry industry and Medical-industrial complex(which is a fancy-sounding equivalent "Big Pharma", when you break it all down) is medicalising gender identity, and that it's actually a problem invented by the medical industry to match a solution they already had - or in short, that transexuality doesn't really exist, we're just brainwashed to think it does.

- That it's just the attempt of men/the patriarchy to infiltrate and subvert the feminist movement.

- That it's just the attempt of men/the patriarchy to colonize the feminist movement, while definitely viewing themselves as the Native Americans in that little colonial situation, if you get my meaning.

- I swear to god I'm not kidding when I say this, but Cultural appropriation. It is sometimes viewed as men trying to appropriate the female culture. What a sick, sad fucking joke.

- That transsexuals reenforce oppressive gender roles...somehow? That's never really been adequately explained, even by so-called academics on the topic like Sheila Jefferies, who despite where her paycheque comes from, is less academic and more obsessive fuckin' lunatic. Sat in on one of her classes once, it was...yeah. Long story, not the time right now.

- That "transexualisim" is a deep and gross violation of human rights. Sheila Jefferies again. Fucking lunatic. She also claims that it would be stamped out, if not for the internet and the patriarchy trying to stamp out her "purely academic" criticism of it.

- That transexuals are not really women, they are actually turning real women into a non-gender, as transexuals don't have all the required internal plumbing but are still asking to be viewed as women.

- That if Uterus and Ovaries transplants were made mandatory, transexuals and all demand for sex-change surgery would vanish overnight. Ignoring the fact that transplanting a uterus and ovaries into a male and having them actually function is, at this point, impossible and if attempted would likely kill the patient.

- That transexualisim is just an attempt to legitimize the idea that women are just defective men.

- That the idea that transexuals should be considered women is insulting, because transexuals are just defective as men, and are certainly defective as women.

- Transexuals are still men, because despite looking like women, they still enjoy the entirety of male privileged because fuckin' reasons. I'm actually getting quite angry about this now.

- Transexualisim is just an invention of male psychiatrists stemming from institutionalized misogyny and homophobia, and that transexuals are just confused or delusional homosexuals.
  • It sounds like the trans hate among some feminists is a perverted form of a turf war?
  • HMTKSteve said:

It sounds like the trans hate among some feminists is a perverted form of a turf war?

For me it sounds like people are intolerant towards different people.

• This show is amazing in how it can do what it does, and do it consistently every episode.